PDA

View Full Version : What to do to get sponsered?

Narly R
03-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Ok I need sponsers!!!!!!!(everyone does, but) I dont race that much. I plan to though Im getting my bike going and Im going to race! I wont be in a circut thing or anything because there just isnt anything like that here.(I think, or is there?) I might try and to get into the AMA though?! But do I call them(sponsers) and talk to em bout things and see what they could do to help a poor farm boy out!:D But do I need to race constantly to be sponsered. I know what I prolly need too do first is get some more races under my belt and hopefully some 1st places :rolleyes: and then go to them once I hafe more experiance. I know a company (UPPracing) that I might be able to race for?! But I need to get more experiance and my name known! Theres a couple places (little buisnesses like the powdercoating shop that did my bike) that might sponser me? I just need to get into the AMA and get some points racked up! Can I do that on the west coast? I mean will the races acually get me somewhere more than just the experiance? Just need some pointers!!:)

tants
03-10-2003, 06:59 PM
its sponsored. not sponsered. make a resume, and send it to the companies. most companies around accept resumes like
august- late november. search for a thread on how to make a resume...

03-10-2003, 07:09 PM
check out my resume.. youll get an idea.. http://lathers98.tripod.com/hondatrx250r/id11.html

Narly R
03-10-2003, 07:43 PM
Thanks Ill see what I can do!!! I might try to make a video!?

03-10-2003, 07:52 PM
That wouldnt be to good of an idea.. just make an online one.. best way to go:macho

03-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Race and win is a good start...;)

QuAdRaCeR244
03-10-2003, 09:00 PM
go to www.sponsorhouse.com :)

Wired
03-10-2003, 09:11 PM
#1 rule for making a good resume is making sure it looks professional!!! trust me, ive personally seen cases where poorly put together resume's are thrown in the garbage without looking at them. make sure its worth looking at, and definately put stuff in that makes it stand out more then anyone elses. it always helps to put in something that makes you stand out personally as well ;) dont over do it though! like adding additional information and personal quotes doesnt help anyone out, almost sounds like your begging. post pics of what you ride in your resume. sponsers like knowing what their putting thier stickers on ;) just a few things that i got off the top of my head. if i think of more i'll post them. good luck :macho

Narly R
03-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the site QuAdRaCeR244!!! And Wired hey thanks for the advice! Im going to try and get some more pics of my bike and then get sumthin wrote up.Maybe Ill wait on the video! But I still nedd to do some major modifications to the suspention, and I need sponsores like small racing companies that can help me with the costs of that. I domt think Ill be able to get sponsered by Elka or Roll Design!:rolleyes: I will first concentrate on racing more and getting some letters sent out. It wont hert if nothin happens!:cool: But it would be SWEET if sumthin did!!!!!!!

Nausty
03-10-2003, 09:41 PM
I honestly don't think sponsors are worth the time unless your a in amature pro, pro or a women racer. When I looked into sponsored it seemed like everywhere I could get sponsored I would only get discounts off the msrp price on their products when I could just go to a dealer and get a better deal.:o Who knows though, you could get lucky.:)

JLanphear
03-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Our crew just picked up a sponsor last week. Honestly we weren't really looking...they sorta found us. That's pretty cool.

Anyway, start locally for sure...preferably businesses you've delt with before I'd say. The best places to hit in my opinion are places that are privatly owned and they pretty much make their own product (of course you need to find a product that is useful to you).

Our sponsor is a Vinyl decal business, and though it's not going to make our quads faster, it will save us some coin when we go to make them look better. I figure if all of our team members take advantage of it, we'd be saving like $500 in one shot. More over time.

I also think a website helps out....You are more likely to pick up a sponsor if you can tell them what you can do for them. If you have a website you can add their product info on there and this and that, and a lot of local shops and stuff don't have a webpage already so they would probably think it was pretty cool to have something online with their contact info at least. Then you can also tell them that when you do race, you think there would be a big demand for their product and you can pass out business cards of theirs at the track or whatever. I don't know, just my opinion.

Good luck with your sponsors man!

-Josh

Leo
03-11-2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Race and win is a good start...;)

and there you have it folks...

you could write your resume on a napkin in grease pencil as long as you have the goods...

Leo