PDA

View Full Version : Trde my Trx for a yfz?

400eXz
09-25-2012, 08:16 AM
I need some help guys I've had my 450r for about 6 months and Ive had way to many problems with it. Had to replace the rear bearing carrier 2 times, radiator cracked, rear axle stripped, and the big thing is I had it for about a month and had to replace everything in the motor but the transmission. And now it's leaking oil because of a busted seal, I went to replace a seal and the bolt on the head cover snapped in half. I have a guy with a 04 yfz that says it was rebuilt about 4 months ago and has a port and polished head. Only reason I'm considering a yfz is because my neighbor has one and it will flat smoke my Trx. He has had it for about 3 years and nothing has ever broke on it.

So do you guys think I should trade for this yfz?

Here's the bike
http://parkersburg.craigslist.org/mcy/3224875721.html

Rohr397
10-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Can't recommend an 04, though a Yfz would be a better choice than the Honda you have. I love Honda's but they need a lot of money because most of the stock parts aren't that great. However, the 04 doesn't have a great track record for reliability and they didn't get it quite right the first time. 06+ is really the best years to aim for and 07+ is ideal since it has the oil squirter. That being said I personally never had issues with the oil squirter in the past, but others have.

racer36
01-12-2013, 06:21 PM
if you get an 04 to 06 get the oil mod done first thing. i blew the bottom of my piston right off, bent the crank, and ruined 3 valves and that was lucky. got rebuilt and did the oil mod, no problems since with about 40 hours of hard mx races on it