PDA

View Full Version : Any news about Aren's EX/CRF frame ??

dawzie
03-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Has anybody heard anything. I e-mailed my order in weeks ago, never heard back. Has anybody any info ??

Sparks425Ex
03-10-2003, 06:09 PM
Sorry But Do ya have any pics of your quads?

I just relzeds ya havea nice quad in you sig and I have never seen it...

MojaveKing
03-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Pictures? and site to Houser frames?

Dave400ex
03-10-2003, 07:36 PM
I haven't heard anymore Info on the frame either. I think Arens is very busy with making a bunch of new stuff. I know they were trying to get the A-Arms out this Spring, the Frame, and on the site it says a new Swingarm design. I hope to talk to John at Red Bud maybe I can get some Info...

Jnine
03-10-2003, 08:17 PM
Hello Guys:

We are working on the welding fixtures & laser programs for the new EX/CRF frames. We're still probably 4 weeks from welding anything, and a couple more from the finished project, but making a new frame is a time consuming project. You will like what you see however!

I am curious about the person who said they orderd one. I have not taken any orders on the new frame because of the development time. When they are ready I was simply going to introduce it on this site first. For the next year any of our new parts will be seen on EXriders first, and we'll probably have an introductory sale on the site as well.

Talk to you later.

03-10-2003, 08:40 PM
and on the site it says a new Swingarm design.

Is this the one with the shock mouting changes (AKA Long Travel) I keep hearing all the rumors about????????

If it is let me know before I start cutting off the top shock mount etc.

Thanx

Dave400ex
03-11-2003, 03:36 PM
They might be making a LT Swingarm, but they are coming up with a new design for all the Swingarms. That would be nice if somebody would step up and make a LT Swingarm...

03-11-2003, 07:48 PM
David they very well may cause I keep hearing all the wispers about this and the names are all well known, but still no info avail.

From talks with the shock people there is deff some testing going on and I may very well be able to buy the shocks b4 the swingarm is avail.

So Johnny you been hiding something from us :)

Jnine
03-11-2003, 09:20 PM
We've talked about it and even gone into the details on 2 ways to do it, but have never built anything.

Everything I make has to meet the following:

A: It must be able to be built on a semi-production basis

B: It must work for the masses of riders. (Like most of us).

C: It must be priced reasonably, at least as compared to everyone else.

Before we can go on with any new projects, we have to get the frames into welding first. That is my focus right now.

Talk to you later.

03-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Thanx,

Wish it was better news though :(

Dave400ex
03-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Will the Frame be offered with the LT rear shock mount?

R-Crazy
03-12-2003, 05:40 PM
would u need a moved shock mount if u have an LT swingarm???

dave

Dave400ex
03-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Nope you would not have to modify your Frame with the swingarm. Now if you did that would just be an extra long shock so I don't know what that would hurt?

03-12-2003, 07:29 PM
your making a frame for the 400ex motor and crf or ex styled 450 frame? cuz i wanna buy a arens frame for a 400ex motor in the fall if thier out

03-12-2003, 07:34 PM
Will the Frame be offered with the LT rear shock mount?

would u need a moved shock mount if u have an LT swingarm???

Either way I would be happy :D

Just seems there is a benefit to the LT rear when running the LT front. Or should I say that it would be nice to have both ends working about the same etc.

Jnine
03-12-2003, 09:25 PM
Hello Guys:

The frame we are working on will work for BOTH the EX and the CRF motor. It took a while to work it out, but it will work that way, and I have a meeting with some radiator people Friday morning. We are going to supply the radiator with the CRF version as well. As for the rear shock mount, it will be in standard position. At least for the first version.

Talk to you later.

1badcrf
03-13-2003, 09:13 PM
cool let us know as soon as you get any more info... Thanks