PDA

View Full Version : Archery!

HondaRacing83
09-23-2012, 07:14 PM
whos ready!!! starts in 6days for me! im stoked.

honda400ex2003
09-23-2012, 07:20 PM
ive been hunting for a whole week now. ours started the 22nd up here in wi.

:D im pretty pumped for hunting this year. its the first time i have been home during the week to finally go. i have been away at school for the past 5 seasons so i could never be out hunting.

I even got myself a new mathews monster to upgrade from my fx for the season. that helped get me back into it too. it was just something to do in my spare time when i was shooting my fx.

seeing anything around?
steve

HondaRacing83
09-23-2012, 08:18 PM
its my first year archery hunting! im used to rifle. theres been 3 doe by my stand everynight, but im after the 8 point and 10point that scrap about 50yards from my stand :)

honda400ex2003
09-23-2012, 08:24 PM
good luck getting them!

what you shooting?

steve

finsteratv
09-23-2012, 09:11 PM
im ready to reach out with my 300 win mag a couple hundred yards in 6 days......Kick down a mountain scragly deer :macho

Thumpin440ex
09-23-2012, 09:26 PM
I am ready. Hopefully get down to the shore or up to western MD in a week or so. See what this new Admiral, carbon express can do.

John

rcer450r
09-24-2012, 06:28 AM
Basically I cant wait but I am no where near ready... Got my eye on a couple bruisers though :blah:

dxcody
09-24-2012, 06:52 AM
I haven't been out to the woods, I haven't scouted.

Only shot my bow 3 times.

I don't have my gear together and ready...

Highly unprepared but I think this weekend is the youth hunt.
The last year I get to do it.

Also I just bought my license so this is my last year on a $7 license. lol

ben300
09-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Im pretty much all ready to go. went over to my local shop yesterday and adjusted my draw lenght on my new 2012 hoyt carbon matrix rkt...i was a scoche on the short side and was feeling just a little cramped at full draw.

so, adjusted the draw lenght, checedk the set up on everthing, went to paper tune it, and first shot it shot a bullet hole.....Dan, the shop tech at the shop i go to really knows his bows and works wonders when it comes to tuning

got another half dozen easton st axis arrows to take home and fletch and set up for broad heads.

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/114/img0654yz.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img812/8382/img0655ot.jpg

got this little dude the other day as well off archery talk. its a doinker dish field target stabilizer......i have at least a dozen different stabilizers for hunting and target shooting and ive been really wanting to try one of these for a while now. its got great adjustability with the ability to move the weights around to different hole locations on the dish to ballance your bow out....its shooting good, and makes my bow, which holds liek a rock, hold even better.......best part is the thing retails for $125 and i got it for $50
http://imageshack.us/a/img253/2640/img0656t.jpg

HondaRacing83
09-24-2012, 01:57 PM
i shoot a bowtech tribute. simply amazing bow. whats everyone using for broadheads? im using 2 blade rage slipcams. here in pa the season starts saturday

ben300
09-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
i shoot a bowtech tribute. simply amazing bow. whats everyone using for broadheads? im using 2 blade rage slipcams. here in pa the season starts saturday

100 grain grim reaper razor tips

250x_kyle
09-24-2012, 03:22 PM
have three spots scoped out unfortunately my brothers wedding is the weekend so i may have to miss the first day.

shooting a hoyt rampage xt 29" draw lenght 72 lbs easton st excel arrows and 100 grain montec g5 broad heads.

HondaRacing83
09-24-2012, 03:41 PM
nice nice. im shooting bowtech tribute 29.5 drawback length 58lb draw weight beman bowhunter arrows with 100 grain rage broadheads. i still have another year for the cheapo youth license :D

honda400ex2003
09-24-2012, 05:17 PM
shooting rage 2" also this year for the first time. I figured i would try them out with my new bow.

i always shot muzzys in the past with good luck, ive never had a deer go far.

shooting my monster with maxima arrows and the rages. have a g5 lit sight on it and a drop away rest to finish it off. i just put a small quiver on it too for 4 arrows.

should be out tonight but im not really in the mood to go lol

steve

HondaRacing83
09-24-2012, 05:44 PM
i have a trophy ridge 3pin sight, and a whisker biscuit.
im a little frustrated right now, i shot all summer up until now on the ground and can put it anywhere i want on the ground, im a bery good shot. i got up in my treestand tonight and shot for the first time out of it and cant shoot worth a ****. i feel like im back to stage 1, its hard to hold steady now and aim right and i cant stand sideways in my stand. opening days saturday, my dad said he wont let me archery hunt until i can put an arrow accurately in all 4 corners of my bag at 30 yards. i understand, he doesnt want me wounding deer. i can do it on the ground, but not my treestand.. i have till saturday. any tips..?

ben300
09-24-2012, 07:09 PM
i have a trophy ridge 3pin sight, and a whisker biscuit.
im a little frustrated right now, i shot all summer up until now on the ground and can put it anywhere i want on the ground, im a bery good shot. i got up in my treestand tonight and shot for the first time out of it and cant shoot worth a ****. i feel like im back to stage 1, its hard to hold steady now and aim right and i cant stand sideways in my stand. opening days saturday, my dad said he wont let me archery hunt until i can put an arrow accurately in all 4 corners of my bag at 30 yards. i understand, he doesnt want me wounding deer. i can do it on the ground, but not my treestand.. i have till saturday. any tips..?

you drastically change the string angle and point of anchor on your face when shooting out of a tree stand because instead of shooting completely horizontal with the ground, you are now shooting an a very, well sometimes extreme angle down.

the best advice i can give you is to practice, ( you can either put up a stand on a telephone pole like i do, or you can just stand normal on the ground an do this) but you would draw normally....and then instead of aiming down with your arms...you pivot at the waste...this keeps your draw and anchor on your face the same, and allows your torso, bow arm, and draw arm to make a perfect "T" above your waste....

the reason why you are having trouble is because when you aim down, you are using a new set of muscles to stabilize your bow and stabilize bow movement, than you would normally use if you were just practicing out of a target....this is something that you have to account for and practice for..

a general rule of thumb is, if you can only proficiently shoot up to 30 yards on the ground, do not shoot at a deer past 20 from a tree stand, if you can shoot proficiently out to 40, do not shoot past 30 out of a stand..

i easily shoot 6-8" groups at 70 meters (77 yards)...but i never shoot past 30 yards...the longest shot i have ever took shooting from a tree stand was 28 yards

also, you should practice with all your hunting clothes on that you would normally wear during colder weather...heavy clothign can greatly affect your draw, anchor, aim, everything

ben300
09-24-2012, 07:25 PM
what releases are you guys hunting with?

i use a few different ones

blue release is a old stanislawski "avenger biting", then a carter target four, stanislawski element, and a stanislawski micro 4

i hunt with the blue stan, and my primary target release is the stan micro followed by the stan element....the carter is just a back up..i also sometimes use a scott little goose wrist strap caliper release depending on the weather

HondaRacing83
09-24-2012, 07:50 PM
wtf kinda releases on those? i use a caliper release.. lol. but one of my main problems is im used to shooting standing sideways. i dont have the room for that and have to stand straight in my stand. i like where my stands at but i cant shoot well out of it. i have a bigger stand where i have lots of room but idk how active the place around it is

dxcody
09-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Those trigger releases are freaking outrageous... how do you have like 50?

haha

i am using the G5 fixed blades this year.

Never shot fixed blades before.

I bought them last year actually but never got to shoot them.

I used the Rage 2" last year before I bought the g5's on sale..
Actually shot a doe with one, but I hit her right in the shoulder at about 5 PM. Looked for her until about 10PM that night and never did find her.

I didn't even bother to go out and look the next morning. Which I know sounds terrible, but the coyotes are so bad around here that I knew it would basically be pointless.

Still never KILLED a deer with my bow.

Did manage to go out tonight to my hunting spot, saw a real nice basket 8 point, and a little 4 point with about 8 does.

Kind of helped get me in the mood.

ben300
09-24-2012, 08:04 PM
wtf kinda releases on those? i use a caliper release.. lol. but one of my main problems is im used to shooting standing sideways. i dont have the room for that and have to stand straight in my stand. i like where my stands at but i cant shoot well out of it. i have a bigger stand where i have lots of room but idk how active the place around it is

the blue release and the red release, carter target 4, which is the next to the blue releae are both thumb activated t handles...they work just the same as a caliper, only you hold them wiht your hand, and make it go off with your thumb instead of pointer finger

the second two, the stan element, adn the stan micro are both back tension releases......the stan micro, farthest to the right, is a hinge style back tension release and the element , next to it, is a resistance style back tension..

both those release work, by you anchor, relax the hand holding the release adn star squeezing your scapula's together...this builds tension in the releases, causing them to go off by surprise....allows you to concentrate on your shot, and promotes perfect form..

the element is the same, accept it uses a mechanism inside that you set just above the draw weight of your bow at full draw, it has a safety for when you draw it back and you turn the safety off whe you anchor and aim..as you build resistance, itll go off

i love my stan releases...they are as smooth as butter, are ergonomically some of the best out there, and are very adjustable

honda400ex2003
09-24-2012, 08:19 PM
i use a tru-fire wrap around like this

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5RH7W4BAYPj8OFhI6R9xdSl_gRBDt4 DB7zAobnDetQC8332m4ywPBEnw4

ive been using it for a long time, seems to work pretty well for me.

steve

ben300
09-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by dxcody

haha

hahah...i have more than just those 4 releases....those four there though, i have as much money in those, if not more, than a brand new, complete, full set of hipers

here's SOME of the other ones i have

honda400ex2003
09-24-2012, 08:25 PM
nice looking set ben!

steve

ben300
09-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
nice looking set ben!

steve

haha thanks steve...i have a LOT, and i mean a LOT of archery equipment.....and a LOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT of money sunk into that stuff..all amassed over 12+ years of competitive shooting .....

that second pic, all those releases, accept for the one caliper, are tru ball's...i used to be on their national staff...good releases...but i like my stans better...

archery, especially competitve...is jsut like racing, just like golf....its a huge money pit lol

ben300
09-24-2012, 08:34 PM
it also may seem weird that i use those t handle releases for hunting...but tons of people do it now....TONS...theres even guys using back tension releases now for hunting..

heck, watch levi and samantha morgan in "name the game" (their new hunting show)...they use back tension releases and target stabilizers on their hunting set ups...

...it kinda does help that levi is currently the best 3d shooter in the world...possibly the best ever........but any old joe could use the same stuff they do

heres a pic of levi from his FB page...using target set up on his mathews monster hunting rig

honda400ex2003
09-24-2012, 09:12 PM
def man!

i know a few guys that use the triggers like you and really like them.

my sister even uses one and really likes it.

I like having my hand up at my chin flat so i prefer the wrist mount. I used to use the trigger also when i was younger and decided to go to the wrist for easier holding when its cold.

any pics of past bucks?

steve

rcer450r
09-25-2012, 06:49 AM

haha

i am using the G5 fixed blades this year.

Never shot fixed blades before.

I bought them last year actually but never got to shoot them.

I used the Rage 2" last year before I bought the g5's on sale..
Actually shot a doe with one, but I hit her right in the shoulder at about 5 PM. Looked for her until about 10PM that night and never did find her.

I didn't even bother to go out and look the next morning. Which I know sounds terrible, but the coyotes are so bad around here that I knew it would basically be pointless.

Still never KILLED a deer with my bow.

Did manage to go out tonight to my hunting spot, saw a real nice basket 8 point, and a little 4 point with about 8 does.

Kind of helped get me in the mood.

Been hearing horror stories about the rage like that all over the place. Pops went out to Illinois last year and shot at a 180 inch 8 point and hit him in the shoulder. Only got about 6 or 7 inches of penetration.

Me personally, I stick to fix blade. They have way more energy when they enter a deer than expandables do. They just lose all their energy when they open up. Needless to say that I believe if pops would have had a fixed blade, he would have brought that deer home. I shoot the tru fire T1 fixed blades and love them.

ben300
09-25-2012, 06:53 AM
def man!

i know a few guys that use the triggers like you and really like them.

my sister even uses one and really likes it.

I like having my hand up at my chin flat so i prefer the wrist mount. I used to use the trigger also when i was younger and decided to go to the wrist for easier holding when its cold.

any pics of past bucks?

steve

sure man...these are my most recent, "impressive" bow kills....

the first was my 8 point from 2 years ago....he grossed 126 3/8" and net scored 122 3/8".....we got this one entirely on film (we used to do a lot of filming. made a couple little dvd's)...anywho, he came in, had him at 16 yards..dad was filming from the same tree, he went to move the arm pod that our sony HD camera was attached to...one of hte pivots on the arm squeaked...he spooked and ran out to about 45 yards away..we grunted him and he came back in, and i rushed the shot, adn shot him walking at about 32 yars...hit him a little far back...he ran about 350 yards...we gave him about 7 hours and came back out and found him
http://imageshack.us/a/img109/9938/img0669w.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img7/1867/img0668t.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img846/5048/img0667.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img855/9501/img0666.png

this big dude, is my main frame 8 from 5 seasons ago....he grossed 142 4/8" and net scored 138 4/8"....this one happened so fast, that i didnt realize he was that big till i got him on the ground....he ran in, and we have a four up on one side rule in my area of PA..so i coutned four...drew back when he ducked his head behind a tree...he stoped and i whacked him..made a perfect double lung shot....adn then i freaked out..almost passed out in the tree lol:D
http://imageshack.us/a/img193/5999/img0670a.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img443/4869/img0671l.png

ive shot dozens of dear...and may other bucks...but not near as nice as these guys

ben300
09-25-2012, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by rcer450r
Been hearing horror stories about the rage like that all over the place. Pops went out to Illinois last year and shot at a 180 inch 8 point and hit him in the shoulder. Only got about 6 or 7 inches of penetration.

Me personally, I stick to fix blade. They have way more energy when they enter a deer than expandables do. They just lose all their energy when they open up. Needless to say that I believe if pops would have had a fixed blade, he would have brought that deer home. I shoot the tru fire T1 fixed blades and love them.

lots adn lots and lots and lots of stories of dudes and gals not getting penetration, not getting the blades to open, not getting the blades to fully open......ive ever heard stories of the blades opening, during flight at long distances, when being shot out of speed bows like the mathews monsters, bowtech invasion/insanity, the pse omen.....

ive heard enough that i wotn use them....rage ponied up a lot of money, and got a ton of big name shooters/hunters/tv personalities to shoot their ****...... 75% of hunters buy somehting cause teh dude on tv tells them too....why do you think so many ppl like mathews lol

i used to use only fixed blades.....steel force or muzzy's...and recently g5 montecs.....but at shots over 30 yards....they're super hard to get to fly right.........so im gonna give the grim reapers a try

Nac's22
09-25-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm just about ready. We start October 1st this year but I won't get out till the afternoon on the 5th. Shooting a Mathews Monster. 70 lb draw weight, 320+ FPS, 28" draw length, Easton arrows, 100 grain Rage 2 blades. Its a nasty set up. In the last 3 years I've shot a 130" 10 and a 140" 10. Got a really nice 8 running around. Also got a nuisance bear around out house that I'm guessing weighs around 400-500 lbs. I want him. Going to Pike County Illinois to hunt with Carter's Hunting second week in November. Thats what I'm most excited for. Had a 200"+ 12 point run by me last year and just never gave me a shot so I'm hopeing for some redemption. Good luck to everyone this year and post up so pics of what you get!

rcer450r
09-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by ben300
lots adn lots and lots and lots of stories of dudes and gals not getting penetration, not getting the blades to open, not getting the blades to fully open......ive ever heard stories of the blades opening, during flight at long distances, when being shot out of speed bows like the mathews monsters, bowtech invasion/insanity, the pse omen.....

ive heard enough that i wotn use them....rage ponied up a lot of money, and got a ton of big name shooters/hunters/tv personalities to shoot their ****...... 75% of hunters buy somehting cause teh dude on tv tells them too....why do you think so many ppl like mathews lol

i used to use only fixed blades.....steel force or muzzy's...and recently g5 montecs.....but at shots over 30 yards....they're super hard to get to fly right.........so im gonna give the grim reapers a try

Agreed! I understand what you're saying completely. I did hear that the grim reapers were really good expandables. If I was going to try any, it would probably be them.

ben300
09-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Agreed! I understand what you're saying completely. I did hear that the grim reapers were really good expandables. If I was going to try any, it would probably be them.

i know a ton of a ppl that use the reapers...none have had any problems, and man do those things leave huge holes.....but theyare also all shooting 28.5 or longer draw and around 70#

im shoting 27.5 and and 63#...so we'll see what happens

rcer450r
09-25-2012, 08:44 AM
i know a ton of a ppl that use the reapers...none have had any problems, and man do those things leave huge holes.....but theyare also all shooting 28.5 or longer draw and around 70#

im shoting 27.5 and and 63#...so we'll see what happens

Well you could always give them a shot and see what you come up with. The more energy you can get the better, but ya never know.

ben300
09-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Well you could always give them a shot and see what you come up with. The more energy you can get the better, but ya never know.

thats what im doing.....if given the opportunity...ill be letting a doe have one saturday morning!

cant get out in the afternoon though...got stuff to do with the g/f..

id never shoot an expandable at large game like elk or a moose...to many factors, sometiems you have to take long shots... and you loose teh KE you need to open the blades at those long shots...thats why for the better part of 5 years, i used steel force's

rcer450r
09-25-2012, 10:52 AM
thats what im doing.....if given the opportunity...ill be letting a doe have one saturday morning!

cant get out in the afternoon though...got stuff to do with the g/f..

id never shoot an expandable at large game like elk or a moose...to many factors, sometiems you have to take long shots... and you loose teh KE you need to open the blades at those long shots...thats why for the better part of 5 years, i used steel force's

The g/f is going with me lol not sure if this is a good idea, but I love the interest she has in it.

Yeah I agree totally. The bigger the animal, the more energy and penetration you need. Not to mention they have bigger and stronger bones...

You will have to let us know how the Reapers work out for ya!

honda400ex2003
09-25-2012, 07:55 PM
nice bucks ben!

im pretty skeptical about the rages but figured i would give them a shot. some of the holes ive see from them are pretty impressive.

ive heard mixed but have heard more good than bad overall with them compared to alot of other ones. alot of them dont open and such but i havent heard as much about the rages compared to others.

i still have my muzzys thats for sure!

steve

ben300
09-25-2012, 09:09 PM
nice bucks ben!

im pretty skeptical about the rages but figured i would give them a shot. some of the holes ive see from them are pretty impressive.

ive heard mixed but have heard more good than bad overall with them compared to alot of other ones. alot of them dont open and such but i havent heard as much about the rages compared to others.

i still have my muzzys thats for sure!

steve

thanks steve!

dont get me wrong, the rages are a good broadhead..there's been waaaayyy more success stories, than horror...its just in the day and age of the internet forum, you find out about the horror stories way easier than before

i will say this bout them though...there isn't an easier broadhead to get tuned and hit the same exact spot as your field points

dxcody
09-26-2012, 05:40 AM
Anyone see those new arrows?

I don't know what they are called but they have that weight in them, that slides forward when they hit, and it's suppose to make your arrow go deeper.

They might not even be new, but I just saw them.

You would think that would throw your arrow off... having a weight in it that is free roam.. ?

ben300
09-26-2012, 06:40 AM
Anyone see those new arrows?

I don't know what they are called but they have that weight in them, that slides forward when they hit, and it's suppose to make your arrow go deeper.

They might not even be new, but I just saw them.

You would think that would throw your arrow off... having a weight in it that is free roam.. ?

carbon express has weight forward "technology" in their maxima arrows..

their "technology" is that they camo dip the front half hte arrow and not the back...or they black dip the front half the arrow and not the back half...hence the front of the arrow weighs more than the back of the arrow.....giving it the weight forward "technology"...but the only thing is....the front of hte arrow only weighs a few more grains than the back half hte arrow...it really doesnt make that much a difference...but according to carbon express.....it does enough to justify charging $150 for a dozen bare shafts...

there arent any arrows out htre that has something in them that slides..not that i know off....i dotn really konw if that'd physically work all that well. weight that would be free to roam in the arrow is a bad idea...would not allow the arrow to fly right, would suck a tremendous ammount of the arrows KE, and if it was a carbon arrow, could be super dangerous!!

i think NAP, makes an expandible bhead, that when it hits an animal, it pushes the head back, expanding hte blades.....even that i wouldnt use

dxcody
09-26-2012, 06:59 AM
I found the commercial I saw, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCvQBhM6xuE

ben300
09-26-2012, 07:42 AM
I found the commercial I saw, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCvQBhM6xuE

that company couldnt pay me enough to shoot that.....there simply isnt enough money....

in principle its a good design....use that thing to transfer more energy on impact when it hits...however, you'r probably gonna loose more energy than its worth just trying to activate tht little weight thing in the arrow...not to mention, by movig weight around in thr arrow...your going to change the deflection of the arrow...which could be disastrous...

ill stick wiht my easton axis's or FMJ's...or the new easton AC carbon injections if i ever feel like dumping $250 for a dozen hunting arrows..

rcer450r
09-26-2012, 08:14 AM
thanks steve!

dont get me wrong, the rages are a good broadhead..there's been waaaayyy more success stories, than horror...its just in the day and age of the internet forum, you find out about the horror stories way easier than before

i will say this bout them though...there isn't an easier broadhead to get tuned and hit the same exact spot as your field points

Same here... I have heard them working perfectly and deer making it maybe 20 yards. When they work, they do serious damage. I have just heard to many bad things about them, so I will stick with fixed.

ben300
09-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Same here... I have heard them working perfectly and deer making it maybe 20 yards. When they work, they do serious damage. I have just heard to many bad things about them, so I will stick with fixed.

ive had plenty of dear only go 20 yards...with conventional arrows...

hell..the first 2-3 years i hunted..i only shot 54 pounds max...had a 26.5" draw length....adn used eason xx75 2013 game getters (aluminum) arrows with NAP thunder heads.....most of those dear only went 20-30 yards....its all about accuracy and shot placement my friends

practicing and making good, safe, sound shots, will go just as far as super speed bows, heavy draw weights, and gizmos and gadgets

rcer450r
09-26-2012, 09:13 AM
ive had plenty of dear only go 20 yards...with conventional arrows...

hell..the first 2-3 years i hunted..i only shot 54 pounds max...had a 26.5" draw length....adn used eason xx75 2013 game getters (aluminum) arrows with NAP thunder heads.....most of those dear only went 20-30 yards....its all about accuracy and shot placement my friends

practicing and making good, safe, sound shots, will go just as far as super speed bows, heavy draw weights, and gizmos and gadgets

Oh agree 100% Its all about shot placement. I was always told, you could kill a deer with a field point if you put it in the right place

dxcody
09-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Oh agree 100% Its all about shot placement. I was always told, you could kill a deer with a field point if you put it in the right place

If the Indians killed them with sharpened rocks, I think a field point could do the trick.

My brother in law sharpens his field points.

I usually keep a field point arrow with me on my bow for squirrels...

When I go squirrel hunting I only see about 10... When I go deer hunting a see like 80 of them things.

I had one up above my head and come down the tree about 2 foot above my head one day.

Either I was getting the hell out of that stand or he was... Lucky for him he got the heck out when I attempted to smack him with an arrow.. Still scary though.

HondaRacing83
09-26-2012, 02:58 PM
judo tips are whatsup for small game.

rcer450r
09-27-2012, 07:18 AM
judo tips are whatsup for small game.

Yeah they are a blast! Lots of fun with a re-curve lol

tbrackman84
09-30-2012, 09:12 PM
i'm shooting a Mathews DXT this year, its a sweet little treestand bow and shoots QUIET. Gotta love Mathews quality, there's nothing on the market like them. Also I shoot 85gr. Grim Reapers. They are awesome broadheads and do massive damage on vitals, they also shoot JUST like field points. Also got a Summit Open Shot climber, and that thing is awesome too. I'm really looking forward to a long season, going to wait on a decent buck to shoot, mostly because I enjoy being in the woods until at least the rut..

Thumpin440ex
09-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Got my bad boy all dialed in and ready.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/mangler0075/Random/BTA.jpg

John

250x_kyle
10-01-2012, 07:27 PM
seen 5 doe and a small buck sat but nothing to let an arrow fly at.

honda400ex2003
10-01-2012, 08:03 PM
havent been out at all since the middle of last week. :( wont be out till friday at the earliest this week either.

:( friday i will be out though for sure!

steve

HondaRacing83
10-05-2012, 02:22 PM
anyone have any luck? i havnt even been out yet..

dxcody
10-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Haven't been out since last Sunday..

Really more in the mood to ride.. But might go tomorrow morning.

honda400ex2003
10-05-2012, 04:58 PM
been busy with work and stuff this week and last. was out of town wed and thursday this week, been putting in extra hours to keep up with projects at work since we are a man down right now.

want to get out sunday and start sitting more regularily next week.

steve

250x_kyle
10-05-2012, 10:08 PM
caught a sappling with my arrow so no 8 point in the freezer. o well maybe get a better shot on it this weekend or next week.

honda400ex2003
10-13-2012, 08:30 PM
got a buck last night :D

loving the new monster thats for sure. my buddy and i shot for a couple of hours today too. first time shooting to 60 yards and everything inbetween from 20. was a nice day to get everything all ready to rock again. my buddy sighted his in after his tune up this fall. I turned my poundage back up from where it was at to level off my arrows a bit. I was 2 turns down from 65 and was a bit low on everything over 30. after turning it back up the 2 turns it was right on again.

:D
been a good weekend so far!

steve

rcer450r
10-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Missed a nice 8 point on Thursday night :/ oh well, he will still be around lol I prefer killing them in the rut anyways ;)

honda400ex2003
11-12-2012, 07:33 PM
bump to keep it going along with the other one.

steve