PDA

View Full Version : Cr250/two stroke help.

ZeroLogic
09-22-2012, 06:35 PM
I rebuilt a 02 Cr250 with a new crank, bearings, seals, cylinder, piston, clutch, ect ect. Started her up for the first time today and it was pouring smoke. The smoke was white/blue and smelt like oil. I took the stator/ingintion cover off and there was a decent amount of oil in there. (about 1/2 cup) Its been a good minute since I rebuilt a motor, but correct me if I'm wrong. This means the crank seal is bad correct? I just wanted to double tap on it. It starts up and runs fine also.

buck440
09-22-2012, 11:39 PM
I find it odd that you got that much oil in there when the gear oil is on the right side. This would mean your leaking from the right side all the way to your left side which is crazy lol. You said you got new seals?

finsteratv
09-23-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm thinking crank seals..let's see the bike!

ZeroLogic
09-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Would a bad crank seal cause it to smoke that bad though?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/zerologic/Work/bike_zpsbe4f73c6.jpg

I picked it up for 75 bucks. Came with a blown/seized motor, frame/sub frame and a swing arm.

Rebuilt the motor (crank, crank seals, crank bearings, top end clutch)

ZeroLogic
09-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Been thinking about it I have to agree with Buck440. I was thinking the clutch actuator seal but how would it get into the crank case and be burned.

finsteratv
09-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Would a bad crank seal cause it to smoke that bad though?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/zerologic/Work/bike_zpsbe4f73c6.jpg

I picked it up for 75 bucks. Came with a blown/seized motor, frame/sub frame and a swing arm.

Rebuilt the motor (crank, crank seals, crank bearings, top end clutch) wow with wheels and such also? thats a steal even for the frame and blown motor..

ZeroLogic
09-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
wow with wheels and such also? thats a steal even for the frame and blown motor..

Nah, no wheels just what I listed. The wheels are from an 06 Crf250

ZeroLogic
09-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Took off the stator cover again. Think I found the problem. I forgot two bolts that go right behind the tranny section and crank case. My guess would be its sucking the tranny oil in from there. I'm going to get the bolts later and see if that fixes it. That would also explain the oil in the stator side and seeping in the stator drain.