PDA

View Full Version : Tires

teamramrod
09-20-2012, 10:24 PM
What kind of rear tires are best for a mild built drr 70? Everytime we roll to the line it rains and the DWT are like riding on ice. Snow hogs were even worse. Afraid the maxis m940 might be a little big and don't want to buy new and find out they are not any better. Just trying to finish a moto without sliding out. Thanks.

fomospede
09-20-2012, 11:05 PM
sounds like some suspension tuning is needed
when its muddy slow down the rebound and watch what happens! youll hook up

nastynotchback1
09-21-2012, 06:09 AM
We use the Quad cross rears in every situation and they work well.The 940 work great too and are light.You could run the 940's and do a slight gear change in the rear when you do.

gunman12
09-21-2012, 01:38 PM
When it is just ridiculously muddy I actually use a set of 7" wide mud tires off an old Dinli that we had laying around. My son was lapping people at a recent fair race with these- all the other kids were not even making it up the faces of the jumps. The corner workers were all muddy after he was done. lol.

teamramrod
09-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the info. Never even considered gearing. I usually run high speed gears because of the length of our main track. In the mud as soon as he touches the gas they break loose. Changed gears and practiced in the rain. Made huge difference in traction. Thanks alot. Maybe someday I'll get this figured out before it's time to move up or I go broke. I have 2 kids on minis.