PDA

View Full Version : College football thread?

sexysilverado45
09-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Has there ever been a true college football thread where there where members could pick who they thought would win out of a select few games. Also we could keep record and the person with the best record wins something? just an idea?

who would be interested? its a little late in the season but we could start now?

dxcody
09-20-2012, 07:44 PM
I love college fooseball!

Notre Dame for the win!

I still don't think they are a national Championship team, but they are better than recent years!

Florida State is going to be a big factor also!

sexysilverado45
09-20-2012, 07:51 PM
so should we do a thread then where we select say 5-6 games and everybody can state who they think wins and we keep track?

dxcody
09-20-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm down for it!

sexysilverado45
09-20-2012, 09:00 PM
alright what about these games this weekend:

1. Missouri vs South Carolina
2. Michigan vs Notre Dame
3. Oregon vs Arizona
4. Florida vs Clemson
5. Kansas State vs Oklahoma
6. Arkansas vs Rutgers

dxcody
09-20-2012, 09:37 PM
1. SC

2. ND

3. Oregon, but questionable.

4. Florida

5. Oklahoma

6. Arkansas

Those are just my best guesses. There has to be more college football fans than just me and you though..

sexysilverado45
09-20-2012, 09:42 PM
I know right.

Missouri-all though i hate them.

nd

oregon

clemson

the kansas state but not by much

arkansas

rcer450r
09-21-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm game, I say

1.South Carolina
2.Notre Dame
3.Oregon
4.Clemson
5.Kansas
6.Arkansas

ben300
09-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
alright what about these games this weekend:

1. Missouri vs South Carolina
2. Michigan vs Notre Dame
3. Oregon vs Arizona
4. Florida vs Clemson
5. Kansas State vs Oklahoma
6. Arkansas vs Rutgers

1. mizzou.....already picked as the upset of hte week by most
2. mich......they have ND's #
3. oregon.......arizona is good this year, so it could be real close, but if oregon plays good D, then it might not
4. clemson.......florida jsut isnt the florida of 2006-2008
5. K state
6. ark.....even though they're a complete mess, i dont really follow rutgers and dont expec them to do well since schiano left

everyones forgetting the other big game USC vs cal

could be another huge blow to USC...cal is looking good this year and played really well against tOSU last weekend.....however, if USC offense comes out hot, i think cal gives up to many points adn usc slipps by.........i hate Lame Kitten anyways! most overrated couch out there besides rex ryan

my sleeper for nat'l championship game this year.....WVU.....geno smith is just took foocan good!

Scro
09-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Projected BSC standings for next week -

1. Alabama 1st string
2. Alabama 2nd string
3. LSU
4. Alabama 3rd string
5. Oregon

:D

ben300
09-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Scro

1. Alabama 1st string
2. Alabama 2nd string
3. Alabama 3rd string
4. LSU
5. Oregon

i fixed that for you:devil:

LSU took rob bolden from penn state on scholarship:huh .... ol Les really is the "Mad" hatter

madskrillz2
09-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Scro

1. Alabama 1st string
2. Alabama 2nd string
3. LSU
4. Alabama 3rd string
5. Oregon

Lol I'm not gettin cocky yet. Whole lot of football left

ben300
09-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2

Precisely! theres a lot of good matchups left for a lot of really good teams....the season is young, and in college football, anythign can happen!

dxcody
09-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2

Bama is just so good at everything. I don't see anyone beating them. My dad is all about the Bama Crimson Tide..

I'm a Notre Dame fan, and Tennessee and Oregon. But college football is one of very few things, that I can have fun watching any game.. I don't really have any teams I dislike.. except USC because of what Lane Kiffin did.. But whatever.

Alabama's Coaching is probably the best in the SEC. - Which in my opinion is the toughest conference.

sexysilverado45
09-21-2012, 01:17 PM
I didn't see the usc match up that one will be interesting. Cal played ohio last weekend didn't they? and almost knocked them off? its tuff to tell how good they are thought because the B1G isn't doing so hot this year. It will be interesting. Rutgers has a decent shot because supposedly they have a fairly good defense. It will be interesting to see how the train wreck at arkansas plays out the rest of the year.

I'm going to create a spread sheet with everyones records on it to keep track and i will post it up on sunday-monday ish after every week.

madskrillz2
09-21-2012, 01:57 PM
I just hate them being number one and getting the spotlight. I always feel like that's just a jinx. We'll really see what they're made of when they start that string of away games.

sexysilverado45
09-21-2012, 06:32 PM
better start getting in your predictions if your wanting to play this litte game. Games start tomorrow.

ben300
09-22-2012, 06:07 AM
better start getting in your predictions if your wanting to play this litte game. Games start tomorrow.

for next weekend, we should do like pick the top25 and then you should tally them all up and we'll see whose most right at the end of the year

sexysilverado45
09-22-2012, 11:37 AM
all top 25 games?

dxcody
09-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Oklahoma let me down.
And Arkansas but other than that, I played out OK.

ben300
09-23-2012, 05:54 AM
all top 25 games?

i mean you dont have too...it was just a suggestion..

just sometiems the top 5 teams play some easy games and there are really good games like for say #13-25....

OldGuyonaQuad
09-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Just thank god they are finally adopting a playoff format otherwise I wouldn't bother to tune in on Saturdays. The ranking system is as flawed as Olympic judging.

The whole problem with the ranking is the preseason polls. Everyone should start out even and then reward victories based on opponent strength and margin of victory when the starts got pulled. It's no fun watching college power houses pouring it on the little sisters of the poor.

That being said I really enjoyed the Michigan / ND game last night despite all the turn overs.

dxcody
09-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Totally forgot about this....

sexysilverado45
09-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Yes sir. Me too. We'll have have to get it going again next week.

dxcody
09-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Ok Well screw it lets do the NFL games... GO FAST!

(ones in CAPS are my prediction..)

Panthers vs FALCONS ?

PATRIOTS vs Bills

Lions vs VIKINGS

Titans vs TEXANS

CHARGERS vs Chiefs

49ers vs JETS

SEAHAWKS vs Rams

Dolphins vs CARDINALS

Raiders vs BRONCOS
(Hope raiders win... Sick of hearing all the Manning bullsh*t)

Bengals vs JAGUARS

Saints vs PACKERS

GIANTS vs Eagles

EDIT: Well I went 9-3... That is decent.. Guess i was the only one who played this week, SO I WIN!