PDA

View Full Version : Next step- 2013 DRx50

gunman12
09-20-2012, 03:49 PM
I have been thinking about what the next step for our 5 year old for his 2013 DRX50. Right now it has the aluminum DRR cylinder running about 150#'s of compression, 3 gram MAX RPM rollers and a 1250 green torsion spring- otherwise all stock. It runs good and is enough for him now and the season is almost over. I also upgraded the rear shock to a Fox MXR and the DRR aluminum wheels- otherwise the chassis is all stock. My thoughts were to port and polish the cylinder, match the cases, Possibly look into Fox Floats for the front (although the stock front shocks seem to work way better than the rear did), shave as many pounds off the chassis as possible and look into a round carrier rear end. Any other ideas or suggestions?

desratt
09-20-2012, 05:18 PM
next step is to sell it try to get about 1/10th of what you put in it and get a cobra.. lol

Logan #34's Dad
09-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Your traveling the right path. One of the first things you should do is gussett the frame. The faster your rider gets the sooner that frame will break. I know they now come with a set of gussetts under the seat area but I don't think they are good enough, I could be wrong on that.
You should consider a wider front end. For the DRR I think the Dave Carter system is the best. Fox Floats are a great choice. I'm not a fan of the Dave Carter rear Swingarm though - we broke more than our share of those where the swingarm should never have broke. I'd go with the ATVFourplay swingarm.
ALL the rear axels suck so go with the Dominator 2 and buy an extra one so you can replace the broken one and use the extra while waiting for the FREE replacement Dominator to come (then it becomes your extra).
Look into a set of ATVFourPlay handlebars. They will save your riders wrists.
If your engine is strong enough - do suspension first....
BUT the Number 1 thing to do is get saftey equipment for your rider!!!!! i.e. Leatt Brace, Knee guards, good chest protector and a good helmet to name a few. We can't justify spending a ton of money on go fast stuff and not spend money to protect the rider.
Just my 10 cents.