PDA

View Full Version : Copperhead SX Sept 22 TMXA points race

t.hale17
09-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Fri night practice 5-10

Sat night race practice starts at 3:30

Talked to Vince the track owner to day and he said track was going to be in some of the best shape ever. N it Is normally great.

We have a double double section being quaded by a hand full of bikes n word on the the street is one if our 16-24 quad riders is going to attempt it. So bring the little quads n bring the big one we will compition for all.

Cobra50Dad
09-23-2012, 05:03 PM
We must have missed a big turnout Saturday night! 12-13 50's is awesome. Hope they widened the track some! Landen nearly jumped on someone a couple times on Friday during practice! We are gonna do our best to be at the next!

Congrats to Lucas. Heard he won the 50 class. I know He looked good during practice!

t.hale17
09-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks!
Landon coming out for practice n raising the bar was a big help to Luke. I couldn't beleuve Landon was doing the center double so well. He was was on the gas. hopefully yall can make the next race on Oct 6 we love competition at the Copperhead. It is a breeding ground for fast mini's.

Cobra50Dad
09-23-2012, 08:11 PM
He loves to jump. That middle was a challenge and I was surprised he made it! Unless something happens, we will see you on the 5th and 6th. Looking forward to seeing all the kids and enjoying the competition as well. Not sure if we are going to race the 50 or 70 class or maybe both if I can get it in gear before then.

bigdaddy77
09-23-2012, 09:03 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to all the parents we meet and what a great run event it was. Sorry we couldnt stick around till the end . With the bike accident it was getting way too late and we had to race this afternoon.
I would also like to invite all you riders up to Crossroads MX on Sat and Sun of October 13 and 14. They have a 2 day event and they would love to have you guys up. It a great track ( National style long, fast , elevation changes etc. ) Good for all ages. Ill post more about it later but please give it some thought. Its located just south of Effingham Illinois and besides a great place to camp there is also numerous hotels near by. Thanks again and we will be back hopefully with some more riders.

jay-r
09-24-2012, 05:04 AM
It was an exciting night of racing for sure. Congratulations to Lucas, he was flying. I didn't know that Landen was going to put on a riding clinic Friday night. Apparently, we should have been there for that. Amazing to have 13 50cc quads. Unfortunately, one of the 50 riders did get injured, we wish him a speedy recovery.

Cobra50Dad
09-24-2012, 11:59 AM
I dunno about him putting on a clinic but I know he enjoyed riding with Aiden, Lucas and Logan and really wanted to race Saturday with everyone that was there.

I heard Jordyn broke her axle on that double after the finishline. Glad to hear she wasn't hurt. That seems to be a popular breaking point on those Cobra axles. Thats where ours broke at Redbud.

jay-r
09-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Actually, the axle came apart on the big double in the middle. The double after the finish line probably had it about to go. That gave us last gate pick in the main. Tough to get a start far inside and tough to pass on that track. But, got to 2nd place. No excuses, Lucas rode really well.

I guess I will try another hollow axle. Can't really spring for titanium. The solid one is extremely heavy. I know where they break now. Have to watch the weld very close.

I need Landen to teach Jordyn how to jump now. :eek2:

Cobra50Dad
09-24-2012, 01:17 PM
He was riding real well on Friday. That track is really narrow and hard to pass on just when practicing so I can only imagine how it was with 13. I have been afraid of someone getting jumped on just the few times we have been there! I wish they would widen it with the big crowds that are showing up.

I cant do the titanium axle either but I am afraid of the hollow as well. We may not be left a choice but to use the solid and maybe shave weight somewhere else....I would hate a DNF over an axle come nationals next year especially with the battle I know thats going to happen between Landen and Jordyn.

Cobra50Dad
09-24-2012, 01:25 PM
He was riding real well on Friday. That track is really narrow and hard to pass on just when practicing so I can only imagine how it was with 13. I have been afraid of someone getting jumped on just the few times we have been there! I wish they would widen it with the big crowds that are showing up.

I cant do the titanium axle either but I am afraid of the hollow as well. We may not be left a choice but to use the solid and maybe shave weight somewhere else....I would hate a DNF over an axle come nationals next year especially with the battle I know thats going to happen between Landen and Jordyn.

jay-r
09-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Looks like we are going with the solid axle. Cobra doesn't have any hollow ones right now. Ryan, have you heard anything about a possible rule change for 50sr next year? If we need to contact someone about it, let me know. I am all for it.

Looking forward to the battle next season, should be fun. I hope Jordyn can keep up.

Cobra50Dad
09-25-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't think she will have a problem keeping up.

I am all for trying to get that in the works. I am hoping we make it to TC this weekend and if so we can figure out who we need to talk to or get in touch with. They need to change it or combine both classes. CVTs shouldn't be ableto race both 6-8 classes and cobras only the one.

t.hale17
09-26-2012, 07:45 AM
KEEP UP! To us she is one if the best! That's nationally or locally. My boys look up to her n wish they could ride like her. Just Saturday in practice they were asking what does Jordan do here? With dad tuning n Jordan riding I am sure we will see yall on the top of the podium. I can't wait to run the all the national tracks next year n show them how Jordan Landon Lucas n Logan bring it! They are going to want to know what we are feeding our kids in KY. LOL

jay-r
09-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Tumbling Creek this weekend sounds like a mini national with Landen, Lucas, and Jordyn in the 50 class. The 70 class may be the same way. Maybe Conner Henson and Malikahia Marshalll will show up and mix it up with Preston, Chaymus, Aiden, and the rest of the fast 70 riders. The 90 mod is pretty stacked too with Dawson Pigg, Noah Free, and the rest. Maybe Coley Wood will dust off a 2 fast 90 and show them how its done! It will be a show for sure. Gotta love the competition in the mini quad classes at TMXA!

Cobra50Dad
09-26-2012, 07:58 PM
There is a lot of top- notch riders in the 50 and 70 classes. Just from looking at the results, it looks like a tight race in the top 5-6 riders. Looking forward to this weekend and I know Landen is. I've done told him he better eat is wheaties!

Cobra50Dad
10-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Will they run qualifiers this weekend at Coppehead if here are too many 50s? I'm kinda worried about my youngest one getting out there on a smaller track with a bunch of faster guys flying around him.

bloodswet&gears
10-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Cobra50Dad
Will they run qualifiers this weekend at Coppehead if here are too many 50s? I'm kinda worried about my youngest one getting out there on a smaller track with a bunch of faster guys flying around him. I sure hope they don't do the way they did us last race. Got to be a fair way to do it that everyone will agree to. Too many getting hurt lately. They are our kids. Are we trying to kill them?????? That track is too narrow and the jumps are probley ok for the bigger bikes. I like the facility but i dont like that track for my sons to race on. Not gonna let my youngest race there.

t.hale17
10-03-2012, 09:26 PM
I will talk to vince about qualifying them down. I don't feel like it will be a prolbem.

The last race we had there. there was a wreck because a kid jumped off the side of a single n turned side ways infront of everyone causing a pile up out of the hole. That was not fault of the track just rider error. I have went over that jump 3 wide on a big quad before.

As far as the track goes they threw a red flag to keep from endangering the kid laying in the middle of the track right behind a jump. That was done in order to keep him safe, the riders that could have wrecked into that situation safe, the promoters staff safe, as well as the ambulance that had to drive onto the track safe. But some how there has been a complaint about the red flag.

The boy did break his leg n growth plate. He had surgery on it Monday. Dr said everything should heal just fine.

As far as I go I am trying to teach my kids self disciplan and look towards a goal and figure out how to acheive it. That's no where near trying to kill them.

Cobra50Dad
10-03-2012, 10:55 PM
I heard about the wreck. Glad the little guy is doing good. I just figured there may be a large number of 50s so I may just ask if my little guy can run in the special 50 class and not be scored. He don't care, just wants to ride and that's closer to his skill level.

That first turn does get narrow especially since it has a jump. Someone goes down there you almost have to stop he race esp if someone is hurt. There seems to be lots of complaining in the mini quad world and I'm sure it won't stop. I am sure restarting didn't change the outcome much if it did at all.

Looking forward to the race again this weekend! My boys had a blast last weekend on and off the track! Making friends is what it's all about! See you all in a few days!

mheath14
10-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Keep up the good work Vince. You guys run a good show and the track is no different than any other sx style track in this area. The complaining in the mini world will never stop no matter what the reason. Thanks for giving us a place to ride.

bloodswet&gears
10-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by t.hale17
I will talk to vince about qualifying them down. I don't feel like it will be a prolbem.

The last race we had there. there was a wreck because a kid jumped off the side of a single n turned side ways infront of everyone causing a pile up out of the hole. That was not fault of the track just rider error. I have went over that jump 3 wide on a big quad before.

As far as the track goes they threw a red flag to keep from endangering the kid laying in the middle of the track right behind a jump. That was done in order to keep him safe, the riders that could have wrecked into that situation safe, the promoters staff safe, as well as the ambulance that had to drive onto the track safe. But some how there has been a complaint about the red flag.

The boy did break his leg n growth plate. He had surgery on it Monday. Dr said everything should heal just fine.

As far as I go I am trying to teach my kids self disciplan and look towards a goal and figure out how to acheive it. That's no where near trying to kill them. Terry thanks for saying you will talk to the track owner. Safety should be the main issue not what time we are getting out of there. The boy was not in the middle of the track! All the quads and riders were off the track. He didn't jump sideways in front of everybody. Someones front tire was under his rear tire when he landed and it threw him sideways. I didn't know the boy was even hurt and I thought he walked off the track. The ambulance doors never even opened. So the ambulance didnt have to drive on the track. I am glad the boy is going to be o.k. I do have a right to my opinion. I feel like the red flag was called because of who was involved. The outcome would have been different and you know it. As far as the complaining goes, Im tired of hearing people complain too. You were complaining the whole time at Tumbling Creek. So all you perfect people that have never had to or have complained about anything keep up the good work and stay perfect because Im gonna be watching for you to continue to be perfect.

Terry you have my cell number. Don't get on here if you have an issue with me. Theres nothing we can't work out without doing it on here. I let you have your opinion about Tumbling Creek. You can let me have mine.
Heck, I dont like Talladega but i like Bristol. Not complaining, Thats my Opinion. If any of you need to say anything to me, please P.M. me and I will give you my phone number. Not taking this pizzing match any further on here. Not the place for it.