PDA

View Full Version : Carb Issue?

CJM
09-18-2012, 08:51 PM
On a related note, what led me to take apart the carb in the first place:

If you shut off the gas for any amount of time more than a few mins (such as transport or flipping it upright to wash it or whatever)
A. The gas drains out the bowl when upright
B. flip it back down, turn on the gas and wait a min and it wont turn back over.
C. If just transporting it with it off it wont kick over either for like 10-20 kicks.

I checked over the float, it seems to be good. The jetting is very close if not spot on. Once started it runs fine and kicks over 1-2 kicks period. It doesnt have any problems problems starting at all.

It also likes to start with a very high idle, once warmed up runs good with the idle lowered. Pull the hotstart and it didnt idle up like it should either. Choke or no choke it dont matter it seems

Stock engine, an open airbox, full CT exhaust and thats it. Tried a 185 and it was too rich, 182 was last jet I tried before hotstart issue and still a bit rich so doing 180 now. 50 pilot, 48 seemed a bit lean. fuel screw is about 2.5 turns out.

Otherwise it runs awesome with no issues at all.

What I did notice might have been the issue:
-Float needle had a very small notch in it. I replaced it but cant check due to the hotstart problem I got now.
-Hot start plunger seemed fine but was all black/carboned up. O-Ring seemed ok wasnt falling apart.

Otherwise quad runs great so it baffles me. I think it has to be float related.