PDA

View Full Version : Durhamtown Oct - 13th

thequadfather+2
09-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Ok boys lets have a roll call.... Been getting a few calls, Deal called this morning and put the heat on me. I called Henson and it looks like we can do it. We haven't rode anything since Loretta's so this will be a good way to knock the rust off.

nastynotchback1
09-18-2012, 12:23 PM
We will be there and i am sure cushman will be.

Bens Dad
09-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Yes we will be there!!! I Know Brian kirkland, Deal, Skellet, Capehart, Wilkersons, and Terry Hail, and maybe Halverson. plus some more locals + 3 or 4. So come on down and lets have some fun!!!!!!! We where talking about going to Aonia sunday just to ride. If any one needs a place to stay we only live about 30 min for D- town and 15min from Aonia.

Hey Bradie come on too buddy!!!! We are going to run our BONE STOCK 70 motor. Hahahahaha:devil:

t.hale17
09-18-2012, 10:51 PM
That's right, we will be there and going to Aionia sunday. And Jonathan we may take u up on that place to lay our head, i'll repay the favor when yall come run copperhead's tmxa race. The RV cracked a front case cover on our way back from Redbud. And been working and putting all my funds in the Dang little 50's so it is still sitting!

hensonfamfun
09-19-2012, 06:49 AM
Looks like Carson and I and the boys are making a boys weekend out of it!

edwardsp&b
09-19-2012, 08:08 AM
Oh so my post wasnt good enough????LOL

Bruce tell your father in law I will have the welder for him this time.
Should be a good time.
Bryan

thequadfather+2
09-19-2012, 01:09 PM
I thought your last thread was for the Florida/georgia boys....I wanted to make sure the rest of us from Alabama/Tennessee/Kentucky had a thread. :devil:

dewutfan
09-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Hey Bryan we will make the trip to see all you guys ... we sure miss all you guys .. but dont miss the darn heat lol

eightysix86
09-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Iam sorry I posted on the wrong thread!!!(LOL)

edwardsp&b
09-20-2012, 08:12 AM
I thought your last thread was for the Florida/georgia boys....I wanted to make sure the rest of us from Alabama/Tennessee/Kentucky had a thread.

Yeah I know......You guys are special, Im sorry I forgot!
Cant wait to see you guys again!
Duane, yeah we missed yall since yall moved. The heat is gone down here now.....Its safe for you guys to come back!
Bryan

jettquad17
09-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Jett will only have been out of his cast for a week so take it easy on us...LOL
But got new gear so we will look DAMNED GOOD wherever we place!!! Hahahahaha

nastynotchback1
09-21-2012, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by jettquad17

LOL You need a cast for your head.:D

jettquad17
09-21-2012, 06:55 AM
Cant wait to see all you guys out there!!
Lets push them to run MX1 instead of bomber. MX1 is much more quad friendly and we can see the racers for a greater amount of the time.

edwardsp&b
09-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Rob, even though your a Buckeye, you can post on our GA thread. Why dont yall try to make it down for this race, its only an hour or so farther than the Bremen race you guys attended.

Kelly, either track is good to us. The only complaint is not having gates on mx1. Personally we dont care, we like both tracks.

Im glad were not on CVT's anymore, but I want to see these 2fast 70's run. Im looking forward too it.
Bryan

nastynotchback1
09-21-2012, 11:39 AM
They had gates on mx1 last year.

thequadfather+2
09-21-2012, 12:59 PM

Yea, same here. We broke another arm at Loretta's and will be getting out of the cast next week. We haven't even cranked them since we came home from Loretta's. We are looking forward to knocking the rust off and getting back on the track. Cant wait.

It's probably going to take your son about a month to work the soreness out of his arm. It will still hurt for a while every time he lands a jump or hits big bumps on the track.....It seems like we have become too familiar with recovery from broken bones.

jettquad17
09-21-2012, 02:06 PM
I figured as much..i bought flexx bars for him and have a forearm support to ease that. He has handled it well. Never cried or complained and currently uses his cast to hook into the monkey bars and hang.

Hetrick Racing
09-21-2012, 02:14 PM
better not let his doc know that,lol

hensonfamfun
09-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by jake55
where should us Ohio guys post?????

Visnic.....I sooooo would love to answer that! :D :devil:

jungleboy213
09-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Don't let Bruce fool ya. Noah was winning local races with a cast. Bruce has something up his sleeve. I hear that he has bought Henson's NOS kit from Hale and has it in an undisclosed location on that Apex.

jettquad17
09-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Problem is jett has a full arm cast and can't reach the bars with his left arm......but he does some SUPER FAST left handed circles right now...haha

thequadfather+2
09-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Same here, our cast extends above the elbow and is stuck at 45 degrees. He can't even reach the handle bar with his right arm.

Levi Kenny raced a national with a cast on his arm and did ok but it was a short cast like Noah's

Since we bought our new quad at Loretta's he didn't even get 4 laps on it so I just figured this is a good place to start.

Now with that being said I am not driving all the way over there to sit around and cheer everyone else on...:devil: We are actually coming over there so Henson can show all the locals how to throw down some laps at D-Town. :devil: :D

he is worried that someone may get their feelings hurt and he may have to sandbag a little.

If I need to throw in a trash talking disclaimer - that wont be a problem.

Here's my joke disclaimer:

This was a joke and no representation has been made that the quality of jokes told by me are better than the quality of jokes told by Henson and Visnic. Please remember this was a joke and only a joke. If this had been a real trash talking event Henson would have no problem backing it up....:D :D :D

Hetrick Racing
09-22-2012, 07:51 AM
lmao

jettquad17
09-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Anyone that knows the dtown regulars knows ya gotta have thick skin. Those with thin skin dont last long in the woods of union city. So you people KNOW trai sorrow??? LoL

jettquad17
09-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Ya wanna thicken your skin just show up for your first race on a polaris 90 and line up between the sorrows the cushmans and the kirkland crew. Thickens REAL quick!!! was three years ago...i still remember leaning down to jett and saying "just have fun and the roost only stings for a second or two!".....HAHAHA

edwardsp&b
09-22-2012, 08:07 PM
LMAO!!!!
You guys are crazy......with everybody thats coming this ought to be fun.

hensonfamfun
09-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
Same here, our cast extends above the elbow and is stuck at 45 degrees. He can't even reach the handle bar with his right arm.

Levi Kenny raced a national with a cast on his arm and did ok but it was a short cast like Noah's

Since we bought our new quad at Loretta's he didn't even get 4 laps on it so I just figured this is a good place to start.

Now with that being said I am not driving all the way over there to sit around and cheer everyone else on...:devil: We are actually coming over there so Henson can show all the locals how to throw down some laps at D-Town. :devil: :D

he is worried that someone may get their feelings hurt and he may have to sandbag a little.

If I need to throw in a trash talking disclaimer - that wont be a problem.

Here's my joke disclaimer:

This was a joke and no representation has been made that the quality of jokes told by me are better than the quality of jokes told by Henson and Visnic. Please remember this was a joke and only a joke. If this had been a real trash talking event Henson would have no problem backing it up....:D :D :D

LMAO. I almost fell off the couch!!!!! This is what I miss the most. LAUGHTER! We had such a great time laughing and messing aroud all year with everyone.Visnic.....get in on your Calender! I can't wait to see the gang again!

thequadfather+2
09-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Visnic, I know your weakness. We will have 36 red and white cans iced down in your own special cooler. Now the only question is exactly how many of those cans will we need to get you through a weekend in southern Georgia....

thequadfather+2
09-23-2012, 01:51 PM
One more thing......We are bringing the Thunder and his trusty steed so consider this your one and only warning......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T1KQCv6j3SI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edwardsp&b
09-23-2012, 01:52 PM
He will need a bunch of those cans, to survive in South Georgia..........

edwardsp&b
09-23-2012, 01:56 PM
BTW Bruce you are getting alot better on your videos......The green pixie dust was a really good effect. Cant wait to see yall, and Thunder too!
Bryan

bigdeal00
09-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Carson,I had no idea that type of technology had reached Alabama already...you just recently got electricity right....LOL...this should be a great weekend with you bunch of clowns ... I talked to Eller , Walker and another local guy down here that is gonna try to make it..

Christiansdad
09-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Thats a cool video...5 stars on that..o cant wait till oct 13. I think I may skip my house payment this month just to get my sons apex up to par..lol like im not the only one whos done that.quadfather bring the camcorder man...i want my sons video to start off with the top gun..look like there gona be a lot of talent,hope everyone comes and good weather day..book ahead for a cabin or camper if anyone stays the night

Bens Dad
09-23-2012, 07:22 PM
LMAO !!!! I'm Going just to have a good laugh! Its always fun being around you guys. Hey Rob how many red, white, and blues will it take to get you here?????? :D

Bens Dad
09-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Rob we love ya man! wish you guys lived closer. My two kids love being around Jake, he such a cut up!!! Now that I know what you drink we will have some waiting when you decied to come.

edwardsp&b
09-24-2012, 10:39 AM
I believe yall need to treat that man with some fine southern sippin whiskey. Homemade if you know what I mean......
Ive got an uncle that has some peach shine brewing right now, Ill see if I can get us a quart or two. LOL
Bryan

edwardsp&b
09-24-2012, 01:57 PM
After 2 or 3 sips of this stuff you wont know which way is up or down, you wont care wether its apples or peaches....

Seriously Rob, yall come on down. Should be a good time. We will see if Brady H. will do his Alabama Slamma dance......
Bryan

bigdeal00
09-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey Rob , we are driving 9 hours and i keep a bottle of CROWN in the trailer...MAN UP...I keep the purple bag next to my first aid kit....Crown,a fire ,and sparkler bombs...nothing better:D

hensonfamfun
09-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Dont think for one second I'm not bringing my wicked dancing skills to Georgia!!! I have added a new dance to my arsenol of sweet moves. Its called the "Kirkland Shufffle" wait till you see that one. Only way to see it..................show up! :D

jay-r
09-25-2012, 04:53 AM
Sounds like this is shaping up to be an interesting weekend. If it weren't for this pesky job, we would go. Guess I will just have to listen to the stories. Maybe a good video will come out of it.

edwardsp&b
09-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Henson......We will be there for sure. I know youve heard it before, but I promise we will be there. It will be a mad dash to get Ben a quad together for that race, but I will make it happen. I just hope that I dont rush and forget something stupid and the quad craps out 2nd lap......

Im sure there will be some great videos from the weekend.....

Christiansdad
09-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Put me down for apple pie....i think there is going to be a night race for the dads..see which one has the most power

thequadfather+2
09-25-2012, 07:51 AM
what goes on in Durhamtown stays in Durhamtown....:devil: surely somebody can put a decent video together......

nastynotchback1
09-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Bryan,You do know that the atv classes are production quads only don't you

Rich243
09-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Where does it say that? I see the listed classes as:

_______Pee Wee ATV – 50cc
______Pee Wee ATV– 70cc- stock
______ Peewee ATV- 70cc- Mod
_______Youth ATV – 90cc -125cc

I didn't see anything that said production only.

nastynotchback1
09-25-2012, 12:24 PM
_______Pee Wee ATV – 50cc
______Pee Wee ATV– 70cc- stock
______ Peewee ATV- 70cc- Mod
_______Youth ATV – 90cc -125cc (Production quads only if your name is Bryan or Ben Kirkland)

See it says it right there^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rich243
09-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I see it now....... I must need new glasses!

jettquad17
09-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Well, looks like jett may not get his cast off when expected so with one bent arm we can only race the CIRCLE track...and even then if it only goes left...lol

jettquad17
09-25-2012, 07:53 PM
If anyone hasn't talked to them about running MX1 instead of the Bomber I will...anyone have info on who is doing the races? A phone number maybe??

Rich243
09-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Joe Lassen is running the series with Lauren. His email is listed on the durhamtown sight. They have the track agreement with Mike to run Little buck and Bomber. These are the tracks they decided to run for their series and I am sure they would not be willing or able to change tracks for just the quads. I would let them run at least the first couple races before asking them for any changes, especially one involving a different track. I also feel that Bomber is much more like a national track than MX1. MX1 also has a start straight that is 1/4 the leangth of the one on bomber. We have possibly 15 quads coming. That should be no problem on bomber....imagine all of them starting on MX1. Remember Calhoun before they moved the first corner out farther? Just my thoughts.

nastynotchback1
09-26-2012, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Rich243
Joe Lassen is running the series with Lauren. His email is listed on the durhamtown sight. They have the track agreement with Mike to run Little buck and Bomber. These are the tracks they decided to run for their series and I am sure they would not be willing or able to change tracks for just the quads. I would let them run at least the first couple races before asking them for any changes, especially one involving a different track. I also feel that Bomber is much more like a national track than MX1. MX1 also has a start straight that is 1/4 the leangth of the one on bomber. We have possibly 15 quads coming. That should be no problem on bomber....imagine all of them starting on MX1. Remember Calhoun before they moved the first corner out farther? Just my thoughts.

That's a good point Rich.The first few races at Calhoun there was a pile up in the first turn every moto.

jettquad17
09-26-2012, 06:28 AM
Well trai if you would take those wheel spikes off tanners quad and stop teaching him the pit technique calhoun would have been less eventful. And hopefully that CR125 motor you put in the quad has a quieter pipe than last year!!

edwardsp&b
09-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Production only huh? Dont make me throw him out there on this Hot Pink Drr 50........As bad as he wants to go back racing, he would ride the crap out of it.

On another note, anybody planning on going up there this weekend. I will be up there sometime Sat to let the little ones get some track time.

Calhoun was dangerous in the first turn.......
Bryan

nastynotchback1
09-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Production only huh? Dont make me throw him out there on this Hot Pink Drr 50........As bad as he wants to go back racing, he would ride the crap out of it.

On another note, anybody planning on going up there this weekend. I will be up there sometime Sat to let the little ones get some track time.

Calhoun was dangerous in the first turn.......
Bryan

Those boys out of North Augusta want to ride this weekend.Chris is suppose to call me friday and let me know for sure but we were going to Aonia.If he dose not show I may be able to come on down unless you wanna go to Aonia.

Tell Ben i would love to see him on that pink quad tearing the track up!!!!!

nastynotchback1
09-26-2012, 06:58 AM
Well trai if you would take those wheel spikes off tanners quad and stop teaching him the pit technique calhoun would have been less eventful. And hopefully that CR125 motor you put in the quad has a quieter pipe than last year!!

125's are for 9 year olds.He dose not ride anything under 250cc now.I just installed a new pipe last week.Mach-1 pipes work well but they are loud.As far as the pit maneuver,He was lucky to never get caught up in any of those first turn wrecks.He was either first to the turn or so far back he could drive around it.Saved me alot of repair money.

edwardsp&b
09-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Him driving around the pack sounds good to me......It would have saved me a ton of money if Ben did that. He thinks its a dogfight to the first turn no matter where we are racing.

With it being the little ones, I dont think Aonia will do us any good, I was thinking more like Armadillo at Durhamtown. You know the little track with two humps. Im going to be a nervous wreck, letting them ride by themselves, Ill probably end up putting Ben on the back with them to make sure they dont kill themselves. Either way if your around come hang out.

Ben would love to get togther with yall and Zach........Ill have one of our quads built here soon.
Bryan

nastynotchback1
09-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Him driving around the pack sounds good to me......It would have saved me a ton of money if Ben did that. He thinks its a dogfight to the first turn no matter where we are racing.

With it being the little ones, I dont think Aonia will do us any good, I was thinking more like Armadillo at Durhamtown. You know the little track with two humps. Im going to be a nervous wreck, letting them ride by themselves, Ill probably end up putting Ben on the back with them to make sure they dont kill themselves. Either way if your around come hang out.

Ben would love to get togther with yall and Zach........Ill have one of our quads built here soon.
Bryan

I will see about it.Chris really wants to get his kids on a big track and i also need to check his timing and work with his clutching to get his quad right.

chunky0071
09-26-2012, 04:36 PM
That's a good point Rich.The first few races at Calhoun there was a pile up in the first turn every moto. [/QUOTE]

Ya with Tanner in the middle of it!

nastynotchback1
09-27-2012, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by chunky0071
That's a good point Rich.The first few races at Calhoun there was a pile up in the first turn every moto.

Ya with Tanner in the middle of it! [/QUOTE]

LOL Your Tanner,Jett and Andrew seemed to always get caught up in it.

eightysix86
09-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Dont forget Nate,Twice at Calhoun in first turn! And then landing on top of Tanner & Andrew at Durmtown!! Nate still talks about Tanner helping him up and getting going!! That could have been real bad!! Red plastic every where!! Sorry Rich!!!(LOL)

rd2005
09-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by chunky0071

Ya with Tanner in the middle of it!

Hey Chuck what is the website address for Dtown racing? Thanks

jettquad17
09-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Jett just wanted a view from above. And tanner sorrow loaned his tires out for jett to climb that race at Calhoun.

hensonfamfun
10-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Well it appears that Carson and I proably will not come now. :rolleyes: It appears that the TMXA series is going to send REPRESENTATION (see forum for details) to Dtown and honestly I just think Carsons kid and mine will be in the way! We don't represent anybody.....so I guess we can't play in the Dtown sand box! :devil: Carson, Ive been looking at the website and they have several small tracks we can go play on if you want to??:devil: Maybe we can just go and watch them represent? :devil: :devil:

t.hale17
10-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Awww..... You poor thing. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings n run u off. LOL sure hope yall are coming think we might fly back with yall n leave the bikes down there! You think you limo will run us to ky when we land?

thequadfather+2
10-08-2012, 04:03 PM
LMAO......Dang I leave town for a few days and the smack talk reaches the atmosphere:D Now I am a fan of smack talk and tend to let it fly on occasion but at the same time I know how to take it:eek2:

Now I have been talking for Henson on this thread and I assume this is his way of returning the favor. Henson is like any good fight promoter......build it up and they will come. But like any good friend I have to stand firm on this one and Say this......

Hale ---

First off; there is only enough room for one #17 and according to the rule of seniority you got some ground to cover.

Henson is driving to Alabama and thats where the train leaves from. If you intend to ride back with us then we will put all our trophies in the trailer and make room for yall, however the Limo will stop in Alabama where you will probably need to get someone from TMXA to come get you.....:devil: You gotta admit, thats funny!

Yall leave me out of the full smack-down version. I tend to engage in the occasional back handed comment with a smudge of sarcasm...Occasionally I will issue a hollow threat though....

bigdeal00
10-08-2012, 05:01 PM
A LINE IN THE SAND.....IM CALLING THE NFL TO SEE IF WE CAN BORROW TH REPLACEMENT REFS...HALE HASNT BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO RE-FILL THE N O S ON THE FIDDY..HENSONS SECRET THAT WILL DIE WITH HIM;) I FEEL LIKE A KID WAITING FOR CHRISTMAS ,,...IM CALLING IN LAZY AND LEAVING TONIGHT C YA THERE:p

jay-r
10-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Wow! Sure wish I had a ring side seat for this show. Just keeps getting more interesting. Didn't know Brady was the Don King of the mini quad world. :D

hensonfamfun
10-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Okay I won't shoot anymore zingers.:devil: Deal have a safe trip up and glad you are going early. Hale probably has you a spot already as he gets on the tracks a week early before the races.:D Kirkland........I don't want to hear it. You have had weeks to get the quad ready!!!! BTW what time are the races???? Is this at night? I just need to know what to wear! All jokes aside can't wait to see you knuckleheads!!!! Carson and I will be rolling in late but I promise you will know when we arrive.:D

thequadfather+2
10-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Hey Deal...yall bringin' bread crums for the rest of us. Maybe yall can throw them at us when we go screaming by.:blah:

For those that dont know - Mike told me once that they were gonna drop bread crums on the track so we could see where Cale went......:devil: pretty dang funny.

Heck I just wanna gate beside Bost.......:D I will leave it at that.

bigdeal00
10-08-2012, 08:16 PM
I resemble that remark..lol just put the go pro on the back of 1/2 of the tag team champs so i can get some good video of the 00:D Brady im not really leaving early..i dont have enough quads or parts to last 6 days. LOL

t.hale17
10-08-2012, 10:00 PM
IT IS ALL FUN AND GAMES TILL YOU'LL FEELINGS GET HURT!

I can just see it now.... Next year all yall are going to be flocking to the TMXA trying to figure out how them boys have learned to ride so fast! (even tho we can find them Dang NOS buttons).

The new name of the TMXA will be TENNESSEE-MINIQUAD-CROSS-ASSOCIATION

By the way Hinson the fifty isn't RIP,
It is alive and well and ready to put on a show.

Carson I am glad you'll don't run in the 50 limited cause we would have to do a heads up run for the pink slip on the #17. AND I AM PRETTY SURE I COULD BEET U IN A 50 YARD DASH WITH YOU CARING THE 50" FLAT SCREEN EVERY WHERE U GO! O by the way the boys are wondering if your are going to set up the "Camping World Chair In A Bag Theater" again.

thequadfather+2
10-09-2012, 07:07 AM
you cant get your feelings hurt if you dont have any.

No TV because the wife wont let me steal it again. Besides everyone is invited to Deals camper he's cooking for the entire group.

Visnic - youre right, never disrespect the hardware. We will just bring the cattle trailer

With regard to a heads up fifty race just remember we ran a fifty before you could spell it....:devil:

no doubt you got me in the 50 yard dash. Thats like me trying to keep up with Visnic knocking back Buds. He has a pretty high can count.

Who started this crap anyway?

thequadfather+2
10-09-2012, 07:10 AM
RD2005 -- your inbox is full

Bens Dad
10-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Man I have laughed!!! love the trash talking..... I cant wait until this weekend its going to be a blast.

Henson the race starts in the Am around 9:00 or 10:00 need to sign up friday night or pre-register send Joe lassen an email
lasstall1@comcast.net givr him name, age, date of birth , bike modle , cc size, and class too run . also leave him a phone number this will help speed up the registration.

I want to trash talk so bad its not even funny but I'm not !!!
Because when I do it seems that all my stuff decides to brake !!! LoL

hensonfamfun
10-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks Cushman! Carson, to answerr your question on who started it...........Cushman did!!!!:D it just felt right to blame it on him and Visnic not far behind him!

t.hale17
10-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Have you seen the way that guy looks! I am not eating his cooking!

bloodswet&gears
10-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Bruce, count us out. We blew the spark plug out of our 110 powered DRR50 Saturday night when the switch hung on our sneaky pete NOS kit. Just clearin her throat on the gate and POOF.

We were 50/50 on coming down but I knew my luck would prevent it.
Besides, someone might tell everybody we been racin TMXA races and that would be embarrasing now. Hope you and Henson don't hold that against me in the future.

edwardsp&b
10-09-2012, 09:10 AM
You guys have seriously lost your minds......These Ga/Dp boys arent gonna let you guys come down here and own them on our track.....

Henson, just to let you know, I was in the middle of rebuilding all of Bens quads, but I put one back together just for you......Its running like crap (Bens words to me this past weekend) but he will be on the line.....Ive been busy molding young football minds, but I made the time to get the quad done.

Trash talking aside I cant wait for you guys to get down here....I look forward to seeing a bunch of old friends and meeting some new ones......I also tried to talk Jamie Free to come down the other night, maybe some of you Tenn boys can talk him into it.

On another note I called about 2 weeks ago and supposedly got 10 campsites next to each other. Deal and Cushman called yesterday, and they had no idea what they were talking about. (imagine that?) They will try to throw you guys behind the lodge, but I say tell them you are to big to fit back there, and you want to be in the open lot across from the lodge. Im going to try to get there early and snag some of our old spots up where we always camp across from the lodge. If you guys get there late, drive through the campsite across from the lodge first and we will find a place to get you parked. My cell is 706-836-2986 call me as you pull up.
Bryan

edwardsp&b
10-09-2012, 09:12 AM
I didnt start this mess......This was a Henson/Carson debacle....Only those two could get 80 posts of trash talking going.

Bens Dad
10-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Another Note: donot use GPS for directions to get to Durhamtown, if you do you will be lost on some country back road and might even here some Banjo music and pigs !!!!!!!!!

thequadfather+2
10-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I got my spot. Number 83 or 85 I believe. They knew about it when I called but that was a couple weeks ago.

edwardsp&b
10-09-2012, 11:12 AM
If you hear banjo music and pigs dont worry.....They wont hurt you!
Now if you come up to the music and pig noises and somebody tells you that you have a purdy mouth......Id watch out!!!! You dont ever know where or who will show up on an ole Ga counrty rd at night. LOL Its best to drive through rural Ga during the day time.....

Rob, Im not sure who the president of the BS club is, but ive got 7 pages of crap to turn in to him..

Bryan

nastynotchback1
10-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
I got my spot. Number 83 or 85 I believe. They knew about it when I called but that was a couple weeks ago.

If you are sitting on site 83 when i get there Friday then i will be forced to bring in the banjo music and pig squeals!!!!!!!

t.hale17
10-09-2012, 12:12 PM
We have spots #10&12. Heard they arnt the best. If yall get them to put us all together we need 2 spots n accomadations for our team of mules to graze and relax. Gonna be a long trip for them. :-)

thequadfather+2
10-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Ok Nasty 85 it is....see yall Friday night.

edwardsp&b
10-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Mr Hale, Im not sure when you will get there, but roll through the other site across from the lodge. Hopefully it wont be full, and we will just throw you in a spot there. We have had to do this a bunch of times to get everyone together. Then we will ride back to lodge and let you check in. The knuckleheads that run this place arent the most organized in the world.
Hale, how long is your rigs, 10 & 12 is pretty tight back in there.

Bryan

t.hale17
10-10-2012, 07:45 AM
We a 60' rv n trailer.
N a 50' truck n trailer.
Both need 30 amp service.

And according to Mr Vincent we will need a spot for horses. Y:macho

edwardsp&b
10-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Pull up into the lot where we will be, and we will find you a spot. When we go to check you in, we will tell them you are too long to fit in the back, and that you already have a spot in the field by us.
Bryan

nastynotchback1
10-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Hey Bruce you are good on 83 or 85.Just found out i am on 86.

thequadfather+2
10-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks, we will see yall there

t.hale17
10-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Loaded up n headed that way.

Rich243
10-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Nice!

bloodswet&gears
10-11-2012, 08:57 AM
That should be the picture that they put on the TMXA t-shirts for next year.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My yard needs cut so if you wanna stop by and let the horses graze, come on by on your way through TN.

nastynotchback1
10-11-2012, 08:58 AM
LOL THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE.

hotquads1
10-13-2012, 12:27 PM
you guys are going to have a blast, wish I were there. Keep us posted, I hate for this thread to end .

eightysix86
10-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Hales Horse woke us this morning looking for food!!!!!!
Had A great time ,even though we where spectaters.

hensonfamfun
10-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Well here is a rundown as I'm the only honest one out there who is not full of crap! Please remember I can't tell everything per section 375.215 "What happens in Durhamtown stays in Durhamtown".

Saturday

50 CVT Hale and Cushman had a great battle.
70 CVT Bost and Kirkland were bumper to bumber and at the finish line they tried to swap quads in mid air......SHOW OFFS!
90 CVT Bost and Deal went at it as well. Great race! Deal needed a lift so he tried to hook it to Bosts bumper.

I got to see the 2fast 70 run and not sure what the hype is all about! Seen faster scooters at Wal-Mart going between isles. (please note this is a stretch of the truth!)

Visnic was elected National bartender for 2013. He will be providing adult beverages for each National race in 2013.

Sunday

Most of the whole gang went to Aonia. Track and kids looked great. Little Bost kept water on the track for us:devil: and Big Bost started training for the 70+ Senior ATVA National Championship!:D (yeah pops can ride!) All in all what a great time!

Carson and I proved that kids can survive the weekend with pork skins, Funyons, cheese, and mountain dew. (Don't tell your mom kids!)

One final note. For those that like a party, I would suggest the Wal-Mart in Anniston, Alabama on a Friday night! Thats about all I can tell ya!:D

edwardsp&b
10-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Brady, that post was better than the green pixie dust comment....I read it and cant get the smile off of my face. With all the funions and stinky little boys Im sure that ride home was a fun one.

I think you pretty much summed it up though......Great racing by all. We had a blast!

Visnic for Bartender of the year 2013!!!!

Im sure the Walmart in Anniston, Al was fun on Friday night. You Alabama and Tenn boys sure know how to have fun!!

thequadfather+2
10-17-2012, 05:52 PM
This is the video from Durhamtown. The Halloween panties came from the Anniston Wal Mart and was a nice touch for decorations in the camper. Made for a nice steering cover too!!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CS6k7Jwk1Gc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RCR_531
10-17-2012, 06:23 PM
great video as always. Can wait to get down and ride with you guys.

edwardsp&b
10-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Great Vid!!!! I wasnt sure how the side angle gopros would work, but you got some great shots!!!! I dont know how you find the time Bruce, but you are really good at the videos and editing.

The idiot camped next to us blowing the fire was priceless!!!!!!! He was getting down on that thang! lol He kept looking at me weird all weekend, the video did confirm that he was a moron!

BTW I didnt know that Cale cleared that triple before the finish....

We had a great weekend, Im tired as hell (im sure yall are in worse shape than me) but it was well worth it. I cant wait until next time.

Bryan

Bens Dad
10-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks BRUCE for the video! Really enjoyed everyone coming to Durhamtown. Also liked Hensons Spooky draws!!! hahaha

nastynotchback1
10-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Great video and we enjoyed having all the folks that traveled long distances.Tanner can't wait to race with you all again.

On a side note,had a guy walk in the office while i was watching the video and he wanted to know who the idiot was with the panties on his head.LOL

thequadfather+2
10-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Lmao,.....Brady Henson from Columbia, TN. I have his number if the guy would like to talk to him...

t.hale17
10-20-2012, 12:06 AM
WOW BRUCE, that was another video. I am waiting for u to start selling video's. The boys n I really enjoyed last weekend. Hope everyone can make it to south FL around the 1st of the year.

RCR_531
10-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Make sure to get the news out if people will be doing something in Florida. We are planning to be down there over Christmas break and maybe a couple more coming down with us. We will be in the Tampa/St Peterburgs area.

RCR_531
10-20-2012, 01:00 PM
I like the post about selling the videos. i have thought that we should get a video out with the minis like they do with the bikes. It would also be great to see Quads on the big screen at quad event instead of bikes. Don't get me wrong I love to see TP and Bubba doing amazing things on 2 wheels but we are at a 4 wheel event. I beat the little ones would love to watch each other battle it out from different events.

thequadfather+2
10-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the props guys...

I put one together and had it at Loretta's. It was a highlight video from the season. Lots of good battles, hole shots and wrecks.

I can do everything but the voice-over. You need someone that has a good voice for that kind of stuff. I would have made them a video for the banquet but I dont think they are interested.

thequadfather+2
10-20-2012, 06:05 PM
While this is not a quad video it does show the capability of the GoPro camera. I shot all the footage with the GoPro HD (Hero). I can put together some decent stuff but it takes hours of footage to come up with something like this. I could do something like a "life on 4 wheels" video similar to the dirt bike stuff but that takes time, money, interviews and hours of video....Then a good voice over/narrator. I would do the work but couldnt cover the cost of traveling to meet people and film them.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6vQhQ29b6-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>