PDA

View Full Version : TRX 450ER Jetting issues HELP!!

FutureRacer
09-18-2012, 09:32 AM
I have a 2006 honda 450er with just a k&n air filter and air box lid removed. Everything else is stock. I currently am running a 48 pilot, 175 main, 2 3/4 out on the a/f screw and 75 leak jet. It likes to stall if it is just sitting still running after about every 40 seconds. It won't maintain an idle any longer than that. I checked the valves, intakes are a hair tight, but i didn't think that would be the issue. I bought the quad used with this jetting and i feel the leak jet is the problem....... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, once she's warmed up it will crank for on average 10 seconds before it fires back up and when i do ride it, when cruising very slow thru the woods, it may sputter out and even die. Im all for hauling a** to keep it running, but Id rather have my four wheeler running spot on. Thanks a lot guys, I'm sure ill get some great help.

eastside 400
09-18-2012, 01:44 PM
your jetting is way too rich for a stock pipe... drop the pilot to 42-45, main around 150-162, fuel screw around 2 turns out. a 55 leak jet will help with bog off the bottom end thats it, that has nothing to do with how it idles. I use OBEKR needles with good results. are you sure your idle adjustment is high enough, they like to idle high to run smoothly

FutureRacer
09-18-2012, 04:35 PM
any idea on what oem jetting for the 06 is? i was thinking about turning it all back to stock since this is purely a trail bike. I prefer quiet/oem engine setups on my woods bike. Thanks eastside for your help.

eastside 400
09-18-2012, 05:14 PM
jetting from factory is too lean anyway, i just jetted a bike running everything stock, used a OBEKR needle, 160 main and 45 pilot with a 55 leak jet. the main is a little rich but he might run without the air box lid and it run clean so i left the 160 in for now