PDA

View Full Version : Can I Get Boost Bottle For My Raptor

moto-x-rider-70
03-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Do you guys think i can get boost bottle for a raptor, and can you explain how it works, and tell me any other products like this.

remlapr
03-10-2003, 03:30 PM
I'm 99% certain that boost bottles are for 2-strokes only, so no - you can't get one for a Raptor. There is some debate about how much they even help with 2-strokes...

Glow Plug
03-10-2003, 03:34 PM
yeah there for like shee's or something the have to be twin or somethingl ike that not sure but yeah there are for 2 strokes

250xex
03-10-2003, 03:36 PM
Yeah i think there for the shee to connect the 2 carbs. I dont think they do a lot, if anything though

BlazingYamahaYz
03-10-2003, 03:37 PM
hmm...my friend has a boost bottle on his 'shee...im not quite sure how it works, it was like $30-$40, and it just like 'kicks' in at a certain rpm or speed...not like nitrious oxide where u can control when it kicks in........correct me if i am wrong...im not 100% how that boost bottle works, but he has been clocked at 80+mph by the cops:devil

moto-x-rider-70
03-10-2003, 04:38 PM
What other extra parts should i get for my raptor, if u guys know of any good used or new parts sites list em

Thanks

Nausty
03-10-2003, 04:52 PM
I kinda remember a big debate about the use of boost bottles on blue traxx and from what it sounded they were just for looks and didn't provide any performance gain.`

lex luger
03-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
hmm...my friend has a boost bottle on his 'shee...im not quite sure how it works, it was like $30-$40, and it just like 'kicks' in at a certain rpm or speed...not like nitrious oxide where u can control when it kicks in........correct me if i am wrong...im not 100% how that boost bottle works, but he has been clocked at 80+mph by the cops:devil

lmao B.S.! not to be rude or nothing....i had a boost botle on my banshee, it did help low end slosh alittle, but nothing close to nitrious, tell your friend if he thinks his POS boost bottle helped that much, tell him he better get his carbs. custom goverend :rolleyes: he probably better take that off, the LITTLE performance gain isnt worth the risk having a wire rub through it(they are really thin) [incase no no one knows why thats bad...air leak....lean fuel mixture...piston too hot...not enough fuel for lube....no top end..]

flyin#5
03-10-2003, 05:42 PM
my friend just got one for his shee and it connects the 2 carbs at the top and gives it more low end. he wants more low end alot but is it really bad for it or something? idk never heard of any problems but i havnt looked. so give me some detail! i dont want him to be screwed.... should he the carb that is just one that goes to both cylinders?

toby400ex
03-10-2003, 05:47 PM
i thought boost bottles attached the 2 silencers together at the end:huh

RideRed04
03-10-2003, 05:49 PM
All they do is equalize the pressure between the carbs. So, I suppose you could jerry rig one on a raptor, but it won't do much. Get a parking brake block off...it will save you money in the end. Dont pipe it...waste of money for 2 hp imho. Get a new piston and a cam for the same price. Good luck.

BlazingYamahaYz
03-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by lex luger
lmao B.S.! not to be rude or nothing....i had a boost botle on my banshee, it did help low end slosh alittle, but nothing close to nitrious, tell your friend if he thinks his POS boost bottle helped that much, tell him he better get his carbs. custom goverend :rolleyes: he probably better take that off, the LITTLE performance gain isnt worth the risk having a wire rub through it(they are really thin) [incase no no one knows why thats bad...air leak....lean fuel mixture...piston too hot...not enough fuel for lube....no top end..]

i forgot to add that he has i dunno how much done, but alotta engine work done...the boost bottle isnt the only thing....i know for sure hes bored it over, hes got an fmf pipe, fmf silencer(not sure which one), and tons of other stuff.....nitrious is different, i know that....i dont know alot about the boost bottle or nitrious oxide, but i answer questions to the best of my ability...

UglyMotha™
03-11-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz

i can't believe that you just compared a banshee boost bottle to nitrous oxide:huh

Extremeracer167
03-11-2003, 08:05 AM
ive never read a post where i heard the words, "Like" or "something like that" so much! U sound like a bunch of dumb blondes! LMAO!! Ill see if i can type this so u guys can understand;) A boost bottle is like pretty much only going to improve throttle response or something like that. its mainly there to store like extra fuel, so that way when u hit the throttle, u have like fuel right beside the reeds or something, it doesnt have as far to travel, intern creating better throttle responseor something like that. It may help on low end too. but like thats what they were designed for.:p

@Bad465EX
03-11-2003, 08:13 AM
I agree with Extremeracer

OCCRA288
03-11-2003, 08:16 AM
You could always put in a HONDA Engine. Maybe some HONDA a arms and shocks. Aww Crap just go buy a HONDA They get these guy's approval.
.:devil :bandit: :chinese:

RideRed04
03-11-2003, 07:00 PM
If it stores fuel, thats new to me! I was pretty sure it was a pressure thing.

onebadbanshee91
03-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Don't waste your money even trying to adapt a Banshee boost bottle to your Raptor. They are not worth the $30 -$40. Boost bottles are made for Banshees and Blasters. Im sure if boost bottles did something they would make them for other quads. I have one on my Banshee and i notice nothing from putting it on my quad.