PDA

View Full Version : yz125

mod300ex
03-10-2003, 03:18 PM
does ne one have a yz125 how the run and do u liek them?

sweet300ex
03-10-2003, 03:27 PM
i believe blazinyamahayz has an 89 and it is always breakin down and it never runs but im not sure

99_400EX
03-10-2003, 04:29 PM
as far as a 2 stroke dirt bike i have a 2001 honda CR125R that runs perfect no problems ever it runs like a champ and i love it but i cant ride it and a 400ex at the same time and none of my friends can ride this bike / i wont let them so im selling the bike but as far as the YZ it prolly sucks because its yamaha................honda all the way

im jokeing about the yamaha sucks part

03-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Brand new the Yammys 125 is a really nice bike they got like straight A ratings. I personally like crs better... thats prolly cuz i have one and everyone likes their own better.

CHAUNCY
03-10-2003, 08:50 PM
I got 2 for sale. Ones a 98 and is cleaner than almost any 2000-2002 bike. Original graphics and all. Other is a 2001.

Sportrax10
03-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
I got 2 for sale. Ones a 98 and is cleaner than almost any 2000-2002 bike. Original graphics and all. Other is a 2001.
How much are they?

AtvMxRider
03-11-2003, 05:22 PM
I'm a honda man all the way but Yamaha has there **** together when it comes to bikes. The YZ125 is an awesome bike. It has awesome power.

CHAUNCY
03-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I'm a honda man all the way but Yamaha has there **** together when it comes to bikes. The YZ125 is an awesome bike. It has awesome power.

Yeah, also I hear about people who hate the alluminum frame cuzz its twitchy. I guess its just your personal preferance.

CHAUNCY
03-11-2003, 05:37 PM
The 2001 is 3350. It is stock.
The 98 is 2450. Has IMS????? pegs, FMF fatty pipe, and brand new tires along with frame guards.
Also have a 2002 ktm 125 for 3500. Has ALOT of aftermarket.
I can ship for fairly cheap to anywhere. Also can post or send pics.

mod300ex
03-11-2003, 08:18 PM
i dont want to buy one i just want to know how they run lol

BlazingYamahaYz
03-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
i believe blazinyamahayz has an 89 and it is always breakin down and it never runs but im not sure

hey, someone remembered me!:p yeah, i have had nothing but problems....when i got it, it had already gotten a new ring.....i went to the shop where it was at, kicked it and it started first kick and all, then when i get it home, i have to push start it...i lived with this for like 2 months...then i have to get new coil and reeds and carb cleanout, along with silencer re-packing.....then it needed a top end replacement, and i did that myself....had to get 2 engine gaskets replaced as well......and then the wires came loose in januarary, causing me to get no spark.......and BTW i went through 2 front brake lines.......right now the bike runs just fine and all, but i plan on getting a new front brake line, prlly new renthal bars(the current ones are bent a little) and prlly new grips.....then its going to be sold, so i can save for a 400ex and a truck:D if i could go back and do something differently, i wouldnt have bought the bike...the fact that he raced it shoulda said that right away to me.....i paid $1100 for the bike, and about $900 for repairs.....and i bought the bike about a year ago this month....

CHAUNCY
03-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
hey, someone remembered me!:p yeah, i have had nothing but problems....when i got it, it had already gotten a new ring.....i went to the shop where it was at, kicked it and it started first kick and all, then when i get it home, i have to push start it...i lived with this for like 2 months...then i have to get new coil and reeds and carb cleanout, along with silencer re-packing.....then it needed a top end replacement, and i did that myself....had to get 2 engine gaskets replaced as well......and then the wires came loose in januarary, causing me to get no spark.......and BTW i went through 2 front brake lines.......right now the bike runs just fine and all, but i plan on getting a new front brake line, prlly new renthal bars(the current ones are bent a little) and prlly new grips.....then its going to be sold, so i can save for a 400ex and a truck:D if i could go back and do something differently, i wouldnt have bought the bike...the fact that he raced it shoulda said that right away to me.....i paid $1100 for the bike, and about $900 for repairs.....and i bought the bike about a year ago this month....

Yeah, thats the problem buying race bikes you might have to replace some more parts then you expected.

MxDale71
03-13-2003, 03:32 PM
I was borrowing a friends YZ 125 for the day and it's all stock and that thing felt stronger than any quad I've ridden (and I've ridden some nice, fully setup MX ready quads). The YZ 250F has much more power than the YZ 125, so that'll be awesome. It has more HP than my quad and weighs about 160 pounds less. It has almost double the power to weight ratio as a stock C-dale and the C-dales have almost every quad beat (I dunno about the Predators though). Ofcourse I'm talking about the 250F, not the YZ 125, but I'll say this... they run like a scawlded @ssed ape.

MotoXC33
03-19-2003, 04:35 PM
I had a 98' YZ 125. They are great bikes to learn on. It was my first dirtbike. I bought it in the spring. Put a Wiseco Piston in it. It had and FMF Pipe and Silencer but stock did just as good. I liked it on the motocross track but hated in the woods. It doesn't have the bottem end for big hills. I raced it two times on a motocross track. I like the 250's though. They have tons more bottem and it's easier to clear bigger jumps with them too.
Sheets #33