PDA

View Full Version : Chris Borich

dxcody
09-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Ok, so Chris Borich announced already he was going to switch to something differen't after he wins Unadilla.

Well he won Unadilla, so what is his ride gonna be??

:D :D

TacicalRedneck
09-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Ktm!

:rolleyes: :D

dxcody
09-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Forgot about KTM!

They cut production on those though.

K-Dub
09-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Can Am! Can Am is the only company with anything closed to a factory team.

dxcody
09-16-2012, 12:11 AM
I don't see that happening.

Bithell is one of his best friends...

McGill gave up his ride on Can Am so Bithell could keep his, I don't see Borich doing that to Bithell.

Idk.

I mean, I agree that Can Am/ Motoworks is the only thing close to a factory team, but who knows if they will even be back next year.

finsteratv
09-16-2012, 03:03 AM
yeah Kymco has a real reliable machine and is gonna be pulling hard this season..Definately gonna be a solid move for Borich!!!! Kymco Killzz

dxcody
09-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
yeah Kymco has a real reliable machine and is gonna be pulling hard this season..Definately gonna be a solid move for Borich!!!! Kymco Killzz

:D

450ice
09-16-2012, 12:57 PM
walsh hybrid

450ice
09-16-2012, 01:11 PM
when and where did he announce he was going to switch??

ben300
09-16-2012, 01:13 PM
z400...stock..

and he still beats pretty much all the AM's:devil: lol

(i only say this cause he used to show up at local races her in PA back a couple years on a stock z, and would walk all over everyone)

dxcody
09-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 450ice
when and where did he announce he was going to switch??

quad radio...

It was actually kinda funny. Walker said, "Let someone else win! Geez dude!"
Borich said, "After I win, Unadilla, and change my ride up a little, you can win then. "

lmao

HondaRacing83
09-16-2012, 02:31 PM
im willing to bet itll be yamaha. id like to see himon a kawi real bad tho

ben300
09-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
quad radio...

It was actually kinda funny. Walker said, "Let someone else win! Geez dude!"
Borich said, "After I win, Unadilla, and change my ride up a little, you can win then. "

lmao

what if he runs a Utility? might not be out of the realm of possibility

dxcody
09-16-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't see payout being enough for him to run a utility.

I don't know, I am just looking forward to him being on something different for competition purposes.

I mean, him being on Suzuki for 4 years, he knows everything about it, he knows the suspension setup, etc etc.

When he jumps on a new ride, he is going to have to get used to it, and he will have troubles also.

The main reason I say Honda, is he ran one for like 4 years.. He knows what works with them.

You never know, he may race a Honda 450 at Powerline Park, a YFZ at Ironman and a Can Am at Loretta Lynns, just to see what works.

Scro
09-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Where's the option for staying with Suzuki? I don't think he's going anywhere.

finsteratv
09-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Maybe by new ride he means he'll ride a modded z400? New ride doesn't necessarily mean another company?....maybe?

dxcody
09-16-2012, 05:07 PM
This is not a "What is Borich going to ride next year" thread like everyone is making it.

Chris said he is going to mix it up the final few rounds to TRY a different ride out.

The poll is what you think he is going to ride for the last few rounds, if not suzuki. like he said.

So that is why Suzuki isn't on there.

Other rides may not work out, and he very well might be on Suzuki again next year.

No one knows.. Chris probably doesn't even know yet.

dxcody
09-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
Maybe by new ride he means he'll ride a modded z400? New ride doesn't necessarily mean another company?....maybe?

Could be?

The would be cool as hell!

If he did that, and won on a modded Z400.... I'm never going to say "I'll be in XC1 one day" ever again.

ben300
09-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Could be?

The would be cool as hell!

If he did that, and won on a modded Z400.... I'm never going to say "I'll be in XC1 one day" ever again.

i suggested this earlier...he a couple years ago, during the summer break, would come to local races here in PA (AWRCS and CRA) and he would ride a stock, z400......and he would walk all over everyone....he would do it to practice purely on skill....

i knew what you meant by the poll, and thats why i suggested the utility class. some of those utility guys win the morning overall sometimes, so thats why i was suggeting he may do it just for fun...

dxcody
09-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by ben300
i suggested this earlier...he a couple years ago, during the summer break, would come to local races here in PA (AWRCS and CRA) and he would ride a stock, z400......and he would walk all over everyone....he would do it to practice purely on skill....

i knew what you meant by the poll, and thats why i suggested the utility class. some of those utility guys win the morning overall sometimes, so thats why i was suggeting he may do it just for fun...

I guess i missed it when you said that!

Yeah, it would be awesome to see him on a Z400 or on a utility.

He has rode a can am utility before hasn't he? Him and Bithell both I think?

HondaRacing83
09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
hes gonna ride a 400ex, because i do and im his idle.

ben300
09-16-2012, 07:52 PM
I guess i missed it when you said that!

Yeah, it would be awesome to see him on a Z400 or on a utility.

He has rode a can am utility before hasn't he? Him and Bithell both I think?

ya, i believe you are right about the utility.. it would be coudl to see him ride one, just for fun. maybe he'll do the SxS...dont the next couple tracks run the SxS?

i think on a built z, he'd still be very competitive and would still take a top 5 i bet...i could also see him running an EX, jsut cause they could get parts for one really cheap and easy...well, maybe not cheap, but easy

dxcody
09-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
hes gonna ride a 400ex, because i do and im his idle.

You're his Idle? Or You're his idol? ;)

Just being a d*ck. :D

You know how sweet it would be to see him on a 400ex?

lol I actually asked Donnie Ockerman last year at a local race when we were walking the track with him, if he had ever rode a 400ex... He said he hasn't. He said he rode his Suzuki 250R until the 450's came out.

I can just imagine that nut case on a Lt250r.

dxcody
09-16-2012, 07:57 PM
dont the next couple tracks run the SxS?

I know for a fact that the Ironman runs SxS... I don't think they do at Lorretta Lynns. They didn't last year anyways.

Not sure about Powerline Park.

ben300
09-16-2012, 08:18 PM
I know for a fact that the Ironman runs SxS... I don't think they do at Lorretta Lynns. They didn't last year anyways.

Not sure about Powerline Park.

so maybe,maybe not..who knows...maybe he was just joking...i kinda see a guy like borich trying to win out the rest of the season.

his "about me" section on twitter says "my friends call me 3 time"....so id say he just wants to win!:devil:

cant blame the guy for that!

i would really like to see fowler and Mcgill get some wins though...i like both those guys' style...id also like to see some of the smaller privateer pros like Yoho, Notman, etc, get on the podium

its good for our sport when the smaller guys do good..gives us joe blows hope

dxcody
09-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Well the reason I think he is serious about switching is, that Suzuki has got to be putting a hurting on the wallet!

ben300
09-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Well the reason I think he is serious about switching is, that Suzuki has got to be putting a hurting on the wallet!

who knows? i mean, being the #1 guy 4 years running now...i doubt he's funding it out of his own pocket...but i could be wrong...i dont know any of the pro's....ive had a couple buddies run xc2 and have a friend right now that runs xc2 and they all had sponsors, but were still funding a lot themselves

rf928
09-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I would like to see him on yamaha, maybe can-am, but who knows for sure until he says.

madskrillz2
09-16-2012, 08:58 PM
I wish they would drop the production rule and see him run a 250r again. That was about the last time I watched a CC race.

dxcody
09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I wish they would drop the production rule and see him run a 250r again. That was about the last time I watched a CC race.

Not to sound like a complete retard or anything, but I don't fully understand the production rule...

Care to explain?

ben300
09-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Not to sound like a complete retard or anything, but I don't fully understand the production rule...

Care to explain?

I don't understand the production rule either. They seem to allow the 250r's on the sport class, cause I believe that's what Joey and Aaron Margaria are running this year. Joey just won this past weekend, took 4th overall in the morning race, and has the points lead I believe

It'd be cool to be able to run a wash/crf like Cody gibsons bike, only set up for xc

dxcody
09-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Yeah, and like the guys that used to run the old 04-08 YFZ's?

I think Jeff Pickens, Kevin Yoho, Ockerman... They all used to run the card YFZ's ...

Now i think everyone has switched to the EFI yfz's but still...

madskrillz2
09-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah, and like the guys that used to run the old 04-08 YFZ's?

I think Jeff Pickens, Kevin Yoho, Ockerman... They all used to run the card YFZ's ...

Now i think everyone has switched to the EFI yfz's but still...

I think there's a rule somewhere that they can be 3-4 years old and still be considered production. I know there's a rule like that with bikes. A lot of people were saying Stewart should have switched to the 09 bike when he was still on a Yamaha. Obviously that wasn't going to happen since it would make Yamaha look even worse. But if he was a privateer, he could have legally switched.

dxcody
09-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Well, I just read the production rule straight off of GNCC's website.

And I am not sure now, if it has anything to do with the year of the quad.

From the way it sounds to me, it sounds like they just don't want hybrids out there..

Its says, "The Production Rule requires an OEM motor and matching frame combination. That means the frame and engine must come out of an ATV that is being manufactured by an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). The frame and motor do not have to be the same year. Frame geometry must remain as designed by the OEM, including all suspension pivot points. No aftermarket frames or motorcycle engines permitted. Otherwise, all modifications are legal, including engine modifications, frame reinforcements, aftermarket A-arms, caster brackets, swing-arms and suspension."

And another thing, that I wonder about.. Are they allowed to bore out their motors? I mean, it says "ALL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS" Does that mean you can bore them? Or does 450cc mean 450cc only?

ben300
09-17-2012, 06:59 AM
Well, I just read the production rule straight off of GNCC's website.

And I am not sure now, if it has anything to do with the year of the quad.

From the way it sounds to me, it sounds like they just don't want hybrids out there..

Its says, "The Production Rule requires an OEM motor and matching frame combination. That means the frame and engine must come out of an ATV that is being manufactured by an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). The frame and motor do not have to be the same year. Frame geometry must remain as designed by the OEM, including all suspension pivot points. No aftermarket frames or motorcycle engines permitted. Otherwise, all modifications are legal, including engine modifications, frame reinforcements, aftermarket A-arms, caster brackets, swing-arms and suspension."

And another thing, that I wonder about.. Are they allowed to bore out their motors? I mean, it says "ALL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS" Does that mean you can bore them? Or does 450cc mean 450cc only?

wasnt there a pro a couple years back or a XC2 guy, and i specifically remember an add/article for janssen of it it being in dirt wheels, that was running a janssen prepped 450r that utilized a 470 big bore kit

and i remember my buddy josh konecheck saying tht there were guys running 470 and 480 hondas and yfz's, back when they were the only 450's.

and what about like the outlaw 525's and the ktm 525's...they were legal for all classes i believe.....so that rules out the 449 cc displacement limit....which would leave it to just hybrids

ben300
09-17-2012, 07:04 AM
which also brings me to the question....the production rule doesnt allow anything but OEM chasis and motors.......well, isnt cody gibsons walsh crf motor/ltr frame hybrid ama production legal because you can buy the set up and they ahve sold so many variations of htat set up?

if so...then it would be wicked to see him run one of those! that quad puts out crazy power

fastredrider44
09-17-2012, 08:04 AM
I hope none of this is false info, but here's what I've gathered on the new production rule. It was changed a few years ago. McGill used to race the 525, but they did put a 450cc cap on XC1 and XC2. The matching numbers frame rule was changed to any year when so many companies quit production. That way you could buy a NEW 2008 Honda and race it in 2012 with no problems. So, theoretically, you can race a matching number, stock framed 250R on the front line. As far as the hybrid goes, I THINK you can race a hybrid as long as you have all the right papers, the general public can buy them, and there has to be something like 2000 of them made. There may be more to it than that, or I may be wrong, but anyway, that's what I have interpreted.

dehner47
09-17-2012, 08:53 AM
i wouldnt be suprise to see him do samething Barry Hawk did yrs ago. move to bikes. where the money is..

ben300
09-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
i wouldnt be suprise to see him do samething Barry Hawk did yrs ago. move to bikes. where the money is..

ahh..this hasnt been mentioned! i could see it. theres no way your that fast and not have some sort of god given talent that could allow you to be some what compeitive on a bike

dehner47
09-17-2012, 09:02 AM
which also brings me to the question....the production rule doesnt allow anything but OEM chasis and motors.......well, isnt cody gibsons walsh crf motor/ltr frame hybrid ama production legal because you can buy the set up and they ahve sold so many variations of htat set up?

if so...then it would be wicked to see him run one of those! that quad puts out crazy power

thats why Cody runs pro-am!!

89trx250r
09-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Yup the problem with production rule is everyone used an aftermarket frame for the 250r's as the stock frames from the 80's don't hold up to much race abuse. So that puts 250r's and hybrids out which is what the factory's wanted. Who wants to compete with the GOAT of atv's? Anyway as was posted above me Cody ran the pro-am unlimited class because thats the highest class your allowed to run a hybrid. The bike GNCC guys ditched the AMA 2 years ago and if the quad guys follow there will be no more stupid production rule. The AMA doesn't do much for the sport anymore anyway expect collect our money.

madskrillz2
09-17-2012, 03:27 PM

That's why he runs Unlimited on the hybrid. Hybrids are still legal in that class.

Robin Hood
09-18-2012, 08:46 PM
I like the bikes idea. I used to race AGP with him in 2008, and he would race both ATV and dirtscooter harescrambles in the same day.

I think it would be cool to see him pull up to the line with a 250R, but if he were to switch 450 brands, I'd bet it would be a Honda.

Can't really see him on any other bike though haha. He's got that zuk dialed in!

Rcrazy
09-19-2012, 01:23 PM
I know Suzuki doesn't have anything to do with his program, but doesn't yoshi still play a big part in his sponsorship? If so I dont seem him switching it up because of contract dedications.

dxcody
09-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Rcrazy
I know Suzuki doesn't have anything to do with his program, but doesn't yoshi still play a big part in his sponsorship? If so I dont seem him switching it up because of contract dedications.

on the quad radio interview at the beginning of the year he said, he is doing most of it out of his own pocket..

He also said that Maxxis was his main sponsor this year..
"They stepped up really big to help this program out."

I can def see him switching soon. Last year he said Suzuki was helping him out with parts for the quad.. This year he said, Suzuki is not helping at all.

ben300
09-20-2012, 05:32 AM
on the quad radio interview at the beginning of the year he said, he is doing most of it out of his own pocket..

He also said that Maxxis was his main sponsor this year..
"They stepped up really big to help this program out."

I can def see him switching soon. Last year he said Suzuki was helping him out with parts for the quad.. This year he said, Suzuki is not helping at all.

back towards the end of june, i was in new mexico to go see one of our machines that i engineer work underground in a coal mine...we had to be at the mine at 6am...so at 4am i was sitting in the hotel loby, watching whatever news channel it was they had on while eating breakfast...

the news channel was doing some piece on the top 10 big name companies that more than liekly wont be around this time next year.....suzuki was #3.....

jb500ex
09-22-2012, 07:06 PM
back towards the end of june, i was in new mexico to go see one of our machines that i engineer work underground in a coal mine...we had to be at the mine at 6am...so at 4am i was sitting in the hotel loby, watching whatever news channel it was they had on while eating breakfast...

the news channel was doing some piece on the top 10 big name companies that more than liekly wont be around this time next year.....suzuki was #3..... i find that funny if zuki is #3 then yamaha should be #1 or 2. over the last six years yamaha is nearly 2 billion in the hole while zuki has made and out profitted yamaha every single year. zuki has less long term debt and its stock was more then double the last time i checked. yamaha motors is the one really hurting not zuki. now honda simply destroy both they make around 4-6 bill a year

HondaRacing83
09-22-2012, 08:53 PM
polaris is doing the best. then can am. id like to know where your getting your info, pretty sure yamahas doin better than zuki.

ben300
09-23-2012, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by jb500ex
i find that funny if zuki is #3 then yamaha should be #1 or 2. over the last six years yamaha is nearly 2 billion in the hole while zuki has made and out profitted yamaha every single year. zuki has less long term debt and its stock was more then double the last time i checked. yamaha motors is the one really hurting not zuki. now honda simply destroy both they make around 4-6 bill a year

dude im only stating what i saw on TV on a national news channel.......you forget that suzuki has a line of cars that has put them massivley in debt, dont sell that well, and is tanking as a brand..

im pretty sure yamaha is doing ok as company.....

im not tryign to turn this into a suzuki vs honda vs yamaha vs can am vs polaris vs your grand mas scooter thread

D Bergstrom
09-23-2012, 09:45 PM
This year he said, Suzuki is not helping at all.

They have to be helping him some, he still has Suzuki on his gear and quad, plus he mentions them during evey interview on Racer TV. Has to still be some type of deal there, maybe not directly from Suzuki, but probably through Yoshimura. (He mentions them alot also.) They even call him "Yoshimura Suzuki rider Chris Borich" all the time on the show. Can't imagine Chris would let that happen if it wasn't true. Wouldn't want to give free advertising to anyone.

I know if I wasn't getting help from someone, I wouldn't have their stickers on my quad and I sure wouldn't mention their name. I own a few Honda shirts, but since I get no help from them, you sure won't see me in one on a race weekend.

As far as the original question, I think you will see him on two wheels. Seems like the next logical step for him, since he seems to be dominating the quads. Probably wants a new challenge, and I am sure the money is much better if he is successfull.

Doug

dxcody
09-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Supposedly he says he keeps mentioning Suzuki and Yosh because they have treated him so well, he wants to keep his relationship good with them, and obviously if things turn around he wants to be on that team again.

i can't see him going to bikes, but heck ya never know.

dxcody
09-24-2012, 12:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVYy8TJhd6w&feature=plcp

around 42 minutes is where this thread got started.

That's also the reason I put Kymco on there :D

Hahah

dxcody
09-24-2012, 01:29 AM
I guess now that I listen to it again, he specifically says, " Thought about switching bikes."

"The Suzuki is not helping things"

I am taking that as in, The suzuki is too freaking expensive to keep riding it.

The way I see it, if he throws his leg over a Honda or Yamaha or whatever and comes out and wins, he will switch.

And If you keep listening, Walker says, "Let someone else win dude!"

And Borich responds, "Let me wrap up the championship, then I will change things up a little, and you can win then."

Longdong
10-06-2012, 06:42 PM
He changed to a fireball!!!! To the scrap yard for the old Suzuki!!!!!!

dxcody
10-06-2012, 07:04 PM
That's no Sh*t!

Thing just exploded today!

ben300
10-07-2012, 06:52 PM
That's no Sh*t!

Thing just exploded today!

so what happened? i saw that he only completed 4 laps, and that he was still running a suzuki? so did he go out and actually try and win the race today? did he switch to a stock bike? z400? stop after lap four and light the thing on fire?

dxcody
10-07-2012, 08:13 PM
so what happened? i saw that he only completed 4 laps, and that he was still running a suzuki? so did he go out and actually try and win the race today? did he switch to a stock bike? z400? stop after lap four and light the thing on fire?

LOL!

He ran his normal Suzuki.. Was def pushing for the win!

On lap 4 he came around and it sounded like complete crap as he crossed the start/finish.

It actually lit the track on fire when he stopped to get his helmet wiped off!

Then he just hauled down to his pit and they put some water and got the fire out, but he was done.

not sure if he had a fuel line bust? And maybe that is what Started the fire? Or what happened.. There is a video somewhere i'm sure.

ben300
10-08-2012, 06:57 AM
LOL!

He ran his normal Suzuki.. Was def pushing for the win!

On lap 4 he came around and it sounded like complete crap as he crossed the start/finish.

It actually lit the track on fire when he stopped to get his helmet wiped off!

Then he just hauled down to his pit and they put some water and got the fire out, but he was done.

not sure if he had a fuel line bust? And maybe that is what Started the fire? Or what happened.. There is a video somewhere i'm sure.

ahhh i gotcha...so was that his idea of lettting fowler and some other guys win?

or was all that talk he did on the podcast just a bunch o hype?

dxcody
10-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Idk man.

I guess we will see at the Ironman.

I'm actually suppose to be with Borich, McGill, Wolf, and maybe Johnny G the Thursday before the ironman, so maybe I can squeeze some info outta him as to if he is switching or what! LOL