PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 5 vs Samsung galaxy s3

Zakradu398
09-15-2012, 05:44 AM
It;s time for an upgrade but I'm not sure which to pick.

ben300
09-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Zakradu398
It;s time for an upgrade but I'm not sure which to pick.

its essentially the same phone....the question is, do you want IOS or android OS..

my vote is the IOS.....it wont go crazy and **** up on you 8months after you get it

Zakradu398
09-15-2012, 10:20 AM
See I've never had android. That's why I ask. Only Ios.

Ellingsoc26
09-15-2012, 10:25 AM
I have used both but I love my S3 its very fast and easy to use. The gps/maps is a lot better on android and notifications are better as well

Zakradu398
09-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Ellingsoc26
I have used both but I love my S3 its very fast and easy to use. The gps/maps is a lot better on android and notifications are better as well

Yea I have heard about the map ish from friends who have them.

I'm kinda leaning towards the s3 just because everybody and their 3rd world cousin will have the iphone5..

chucked
09-15-2012, 12:31 PM
I think the s3 has more features, but cant beat the reliability of an iphone. Im on night work so I lucked out and ordered mine when they first released it for preorder yesterday morning at 3am

Kickstarts-suck
09-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Ive had 4 droids and now have an iPhone 4s. I love it.

My mom has a droid x and is ordering the Iphone 5.

madskrillz2
09-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ben300
its essentially the same phone....the question is, do you want IOS or android OS..

my vote is the IOS.....it wont go crazy and **** up on you 8months after you get it

This. I have a Galaxy S and it's a piece of sh1t. I loved it for about 6 months and then it's like it developed a mind of it's own. Turns itself off all the time, randomly dials numbers, freezes, you name it. I plan on getting the Iphone when the price drops a little and I'm up for renewal.

89trx250r
09-16-2012, 09:52 AM
There is a reason everyone and there mother has an Iphone because they are simple to use and work great.

sexysilverado45
09-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Anybody that say I had 4droids or a galaxy s1 and says it took a poop on them is right android was great for a while and then just slowly slowly started to slow down. Now this isn't true for devices shipped with 3.2 os and especially 4.0 is 10x smother than that so you can take reliability out of the iPhone's superior bag. Also why in your right mind would you want an 5? There were phones out last December with the same or better specs. The only advantage iPhone has over android is the fact that anyone can operate it from 3-75. Plus it may have a limited quantity sold before it gets banned for using Samsung/Google/HTC 4g lte patents they have already started filling.

chucked
09-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Iphones have always been reliable

ben300
09-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
Anybody that say I had 4droids or a galaxy s1 and says it took a poop on them is right android was great for a while and then just slowly slowly started to slow down. Now this isn't true for devices shipped with 3.2 os and especially 4.0 is 10x smother than that so you can take reliability out of the iPhone's superior bag. Also why in your right mind would you want an 5? There were phones out last December with the same or better specs. The only advantage iPhone has over android is the fact that anyone can operate it from 3-75. Plus it may have a limited quantity sold before it gets banned for using Samsung/Google/HTC 4g lte patents they have already started filling.

from what i heard the 4g lte **** is actually a verizon/at&t thing and is not anything to do with google/htc ****...

.. any who, iphones are made by Samsung...well the guts are...they could just switch manufactures and crush Samsung by taking away the moeny Samsung makes off of them

i heard on the news they were estimating 100 million ppl would have the i5 by xmas time and nearly 500 million by the end of 2013....thats insane!:eek2:

Zakradu398
09-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by ben300
from what i heard the 4g lte **** is actually a verizon/at&t thing and is not anything to do with google/htc ****...

.. any who, iphones are made by Samsung...well the guts are...they could just switch manufactures and crush Samsung by taking away the moeny Samsung makes off of them

i heard on the news they were estimating 100 million ppl would have the i5 by xmas time and nearly 500 million by the end of 2013....thats insane!:eek2:

So much money

sexysilverado45
09-16-2012, 05:49 PM
heres a comparison on how reliable both are as far as crashes go

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2012/02/02/does-ios-crash-more-than-android-a-data-dive/

heres some info on how verizion doesn't own said 4g lte patents.

4g lte was created in 2006. when did verizion get 4g? o ya 2011, on a phone called the htc thunderbolt.

http://phandroid.com/2012/09/12/samsung-htc-said-to-be-going-through-with-plans-to-sue-apple-for-lte/

and as far as apple cutting samsung off is something that would be perfect in a magical world full of unicorns. Samsung makes the screens and darn near everything else for apple except the body(for the most part). The reason apple does business with them is because no other manufacture can produce the product fast enough for apple, or to a great quality as samsung. Also there is this niffty little thing called a business contract that apple and samsung both agreed to and are obligated by law to fulfill their ends of said agreement.

now which phone is better is personal preference i just think you get more for your money with most android phones. Answer these questions for me as honestly as possible.

what is so great about the iphone5 that will make you want to switch from a 4s

1.) .5in bigger screen(measured diagonally) how many droids have had a bigger screen and for how long.

2.) 4g lte. once again how many droids have had 4g lte and for how long.

3.) more advanced siri? o why not just wait for the ios 6 update and that will solve that problem.

4.) new display that arguably is the same as many other phones on the market and would be hard to tell by just looking at it with the naked eye.

I just don't see any big advantages of the 5 over the 4s and if you think there is a said advantage why not just get an android phone that has the same functions and then some.

chucked
09-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Why do you care so much to write all that? Iphone sells itself. Lets come back in a few months and compare sales

ben300
09-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Zakradu398
So much money

that would be why apple would currently have the highet net capital of any company out there...they surpassed walmart earlier this year

sexysilverado45
09-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Because I have a problem fathoming why people would want to buy a product that is on a spec sheet inferior to many other products on the market and sells for a premium. I also have a problem with the way apple conducts its business by acting like a little 8 year old. They are afraid of competition. So samsung copied them that is a far cry from what I believe to be the actual truth and if you want me to further explain I will gladly do so. Basically apple is founded on stolen technology, including the name apple. Why were the beetles music not on itunes until recently? Because the recording company who's name was apple tried suing them and didn't win(don't know how) so they wouldn't let apple put it on itunes? Steve Jobs also stated that they stole technology but later on went to say that he would spend all of apples money to destroy them. Really thats mature they are trying to become a monopoly which is not good for consumers because then there is no drive for innovation, and prices can be determined by them. And the courts are letting them get away with this because its apple.

ben300
09-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Because I have a problem fathoming why people would want to buy a product that is on a spec sheet inferior to many other products on the market and sells for a premium. I also have a problem with the way apple conducts its business by acting like a little 8 year old. They are afraid of competition. So samsung copied them that is a far cry from what I believe to be the actual truth and if you want me to further explain I will gladly do so. Basically apple is founded on stolen technology, including the name apple. Why were the beetles music not on itunes until recently? Because the recording company who's name was apple tried suing them and didn't win(don't know how) so they wouldn't let apple put it on itunes? Steve Jobs also stated that they stole technology but later on went to say that he would spend all of apples money to destroy them. Really thats mature they are trying to become a monopoly which is not good for consumers because then there is no drive for innovation, and prices can be determined by them. And the courts are letting them get away with this because its apple.

my i4s works.....my droids didnt...its enough for me.....steve jobbs could have butt ****ed 4 years olds and used all the money in the world to completely bankrupt entire countries...i could care less..i want a product that's not gonna fail on me...guess what, my iPhone has far out performed my droids, hands down...if it wasnt a good product, then it would take up liek 50% of the cell phone market..

and if your so upset over stealing technology...guess what... everything is stolen off of someone in some way shape or form...who cares..get over it

sexysilverado45
09-16-2012, 07:18 PM
i understand your 4 works for you better than your droids did but apparently your un-ability to read my post and links shows that the i4 is a good phone but as far as letting people down ios has more crashes. As far as your metaphorical comments about steve jobs have relations with little boys leads me to believe you may be a pen state fan?

also taking up 50% of the market is a far cry from the 18ish% that they are projected to have this year see link.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/08/08/q2-2012-smartphone-market-share-idc/

and thank you for realizing that everyone company in some facet steals from another rivaling company that is what apple does not get they are the biggest hypocrites. They act like little kids thats what i do not like about them. I never stated, "i hate apple because they steal."

Furthermore, this is a question asking should he get the 5 or s3 and i have strayed away from the current topic. My s3 is leaps and bounds better than my rooted and over clocked htc incredible that was the 4 competitor. I get easily 20hrs-1.4days on my battery(avg youtube watching, internet browsing game playing). I have a 4.8 inch screen that is great for watching vids that is 1280x720hd. I can multitask unlike any phone could ever dream of with 2gb of ram and a snappy dual core s4 1.5ghz processor.

One last thing to remember is that there are certain things droids don't like and thats just a nature of the open source o.s and sometimes people download apps that conflict with the os causing slow downs, and draining of the battery and don't delete them to find a new one. They just complain about it. However you have the advantage of alot more customization and are not confined to what apple wants you to do. If you want to root your phone and install new kernels, over-clock it to some insane speed, throw a new rom or the newest o.s on it you can do so fairly easily. I understand not everyone wants a phone that you can put live wallpapers on or customize the layout with widgets and toggles but I like my phone to be "my phone" not darn near identical to what somebody else has.

ben300
09-16-2012, 07:39 PM
i understand your 4 works for you better than your droids did but apparently your un-ability to read my post and links shows that the i4 is a good phone but as far as letting people down ios has more crashes. As far as your metaphorical comments about steve jobs have relations with little boys leads me to believe you may be a pen state fan?

it wasnt unability to read your posts...it was my un-ability to give two ****s....i just don't care about the fanciness of hte s3.....i jsut want something simple, that works, and its gonna let me down..ive found that....and im not really an apple fan..i hate itunes..i like the zune software better..i also dont like apple/mac computers....i like windows based comps..i buy toshiba and alienware comps....

im not into super geeky gizmo tech **** or rooting or jail breaking phones or cracking FBI databases or locating some taliban leader via satellite with my phone......i want something to text my gf, listen to music and pod casts while im designing stuff for hours on end at work, and i want it to be able to surf the web, facebook and be able to make what little calls i need to make when i make them.....it just does all that better than my droids that i had

as for the pennstate comment...i by happen to be a fan...i by happen to be an alumni....you obviously dont follow my posts much on here to think that just cause im a penn state, id say that...id say that if i was an alabama fan, usc fan, kansas state fan...it dont matter....im vulgar, and like to be offensive...

but jsut so you know...i dont support sandusky, the way the school handled the mess, i wanted to paterno gone years ago..

sexysilverado45
09-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Yup clearly unable to read "reference to my last sentence." I'm not a big tech geek but I don't like to know what the products I have are capable of doing, and I also like to do things that seem to be challenging. As far as not caring the kids were violated by a grown *** man is pretty disturbing I hope you don't have kids nor are planning on having kids. I'm a pretty vulgar and offensive person because of the fact I really generally care what others think but your morals are pretty f'd up for not caring about **** like that. If it was your kids what would you say thin. Na I don't follow your post I could really care less what you have to say on the other hand I really don't give a **** either so it looks like this argument isn't going to be to productive so I suppose this is where it ends. It's been fun but ver unproductive so I bid you adue

ben300
09-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Yup clearly unable to read "reference to my last sentence." I'm not a big tech geek but I don't like to know what the products I have are capable of doing, and I also like to do things that seem to be challenging. As far as not caring the kids were violated by a grown *** man is pretty disturbing I hope you don't have kids nor are planning on having kids. I'm a pretty vulgar and offensive person because of the fact I really generally care what others think but your morals are pretty f'd up for not caring about **** like that. If it was your kids what would you say thin. Na I don't follow your post I could really care less what you have to say on the other hand I really don't give a **** either so it looks like this argument isn't going to be to productive so I suppose this is where it ends. It's been fun but ver unproductive so I bid you adue

your ****ed in the head if you actually think that i would condone children being molested. i love self righteous pricks like you.....

rf928
09-16-2012, 08:44 PM
**OO lets click on the last page and see what they have to say**

your ****ed in the head if you actually think that i would condone children being molested. i love self righteous pricks like you.....

How on earth did a cell phone discussion turn into this??

ben300
09-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by rf928
**OO lets click on the last page and see what they have to say**

How on earth did a cell phone discussion turn into this??

every cell phone discussion on here turns into this when he/she is involved

madskrillz2
09-16-2012, 08:51 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/353/279/e31.jpg

chucked
09-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Sexy silverdildo must work for samsung

Zakradu398
09-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Every damn thread on every forum I post turns into some big brawl......

I love it :devil:

I really can get to them on BHQ

sexysilverado45
09-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by chucked
Sexy silverdildo must work for samsung

I should, but unfortunately not. Just a poor college student with no job, who likes to read interesting stuff on the interweb.

ikas
09-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Wtf is wrong with people?! A fight about a ****ing phone?! I've had experiences with both s3 and 4s. I like the s3 some like the 4s its a personal preference.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5378268_700b.jpg

sexysilverado45
09-18-2012, 12:25 AM
I do believe I stated that it is a personal preference but I could be mistaken. It did get out of hand, but hey, I like a good argument what can I say.

rf928
09-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Just watch the language man. Goes to everyone, please :)

chucked
09-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Yea watch the language ********!

Zakradu398
09-18-2012, 04:04 PM
**** :confused:

HondaRacing83
09-18-2012, 04:11 PM
just get a 4s when the price drops and wait for ios 6

chucked
09-18-2012, 04:28 PM
ios 6 tomorrow!

HondaRacing83
09-18-2012, 04:48 PM
HYFR

on the rocks
09-19-2012, 07:07 AM
this thread on s10 forum compares the 2 and make it pretty obvious. now be careful s10 forum allows people to say what they want. i know it may be hard to comprehend that for some people who like the hole happy go lucky forum here.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f179/iphone-5-released-today-503349/

sexysilverado45
09-20-2012, 06:57 PM
not that i wanna open another can of worms but i just had to ask this question?

hows ios6 coming along? more specifically the maps?

sounds like things are little rough.
http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/20/3363914/wrong-turn-apple-ios-6-maps-phone-5-buggy-complaints

madskrillz2
09-20-2012, 07:07 PM
not that i wanna open another can of worms[/url]

It did get out of hand, but hey, I like a good argument what can I say.

Lol cmon now. You know you're just trying to stir the pot again.

sexysilverado45
09-20-2012, 07:25 PM
I know and i don't want to but this popped up on my google suggestions deal and i thought it was interesting. I'll stop now. I'm done, no more of this. I promise. At least til the next time.

chucked
09-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Oh I bet you love it!

sexysilverado45
09-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Oh I bet you love it!

whats that?

chucked
09-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Stirring the pot!

sexysilverado45
09-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Stirring the pot!

yup i guess you could call me a drama king.

rf928
09-21-2012, 01:17 PM
iOS 6 on my iPad. First time I have ever used siri by myself... And oh boy. Its still a little (how shall we say?) rough