PDA

View Full Version : well i did it

TacicalRedneck
09-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Got some normal fox floats, will post more imfo when i find a computer. Whaddya guys think?

b0rn c0nfused
09-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Looks sick! Hows the ride feel??

HondaRacing83
09-14-2012, 10:16 PM
id also like feedback on this. these are the $600 ones right?? ive been taking them into major consideration

ben300
09-15-2012, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
id also like feedback on this. these are the $600 ones right?? ive been taking them into major consideration

for another $200, you could get your peps and your stock rear with a gt thunder link redone by gt thunder or jet or derisi or gregs and it would perform just as well, if not better than these floats....not knocking tacial, but just saying

HondaRacing83
09-15-2012, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by ben300
for another $200, you could get your peps and your stock rear with a gt thunder link redone by gt thunder or jet or derisi or gregs and it would perform just as well, if not better than these floats....not knocking tacial, but just saying i sold my peps to buy my bowtech, just havnt updated my sig ;)

ben300
09-15-2012, 07:57 AM
i sold my peps to buy my bowtech, just havnt updated my sig ;)

i still stand by what i said;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-TRX400EX-HLS-Elite-Front-Shocks-NICE-Suspension-400EX-/370646251721?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item564c3cf8c9&vxp=mtr

you could also buy these...not sure if your aware, but even if you buy them used, if you set them up to GT's standards, and send them your set up, they'll repair,rebuild,revalve, etc for free, for hte life of the shock......lots of options out there...

lots of dudes are running these...kevin yoho runs these and he was balls *** fast this past weekend at the BVR PAXC race

TacicalRedneck
09-15-2012, 09:01 AM
I got the package for $620 through a local shop, vy far the funnest things ive bought for my bike, like they say... infinitely adjustable. Havnt had a chance to try them out on trails or jumps, but from hitting rough ground... they seem pretty nice.

HondaRacing83
09-15-2012, 09:50 AM
thanks ben, ive deff been taking hls into consideration. im finally getting some money rolling in so parts will too. ive been looking into the set of 400ex hls shocks for 295 obo with no rezzies then buying the new remote rezzy kit for $100. i really liked my peps, and they were setup for a 200lb mx rider and im a 170lb xc rider lol and the seals were starting to go. id really like axis but if i cant get my hands on a good set of axis for under $350 im gonna cough up the extra dough for hls.

ben300
09-15-2012, 10:20 AM
thanks ben, ive deff been taking hls into consideration. im finally getting some money rolling in so parts will too. ive been looking into the set of 400ex hls shocks for 295 obo with no rezzies then buying the new remote rezzy kit for $100. i really liked my peps, and they were setup for a 200lb mx rider and im a 170lb xc rider lol and the seals were starting to go. id really like axis but if i cant get my hands on a good set of axis for under $350 im gonna cough up the extra dough for hls.

Theres a ton of guys running the hls elites. Yoho, Notman, and a few other pros and a couple of the xc2 guys like pat McGuire I believe, I could be wrong, are running them. For the price and warranty, they seem to be an awesome option. The only thing about the non rezzie regular hls's is they're only dual rate and ride height adjustable. No compression or rebound, so essentially, they're only better made, dual rate stockers for the 400

HondaRacing83
09-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by ben300
Theres a ton of guys running the hls elites. Yoho, Norman, and a few other pros and a couple of the xc2 guys like pat McGuire I believe, I could be wrong, are running them. For the price and warranty, they seem to be an awesome option. The only thing about the non rezzie regular hls's is they're only dual rate and ride height adjustable. No compression or rebound, so essentially, they're only better made, dual rate stockers for the 400 all true. id also really like piggybacks so thats a plus. who knows maybe ill pick up a nother set of peps or some elkas. i will not have works though

TacicalRedneck
09-15-2012, 02:44 PM
all true. id also really like piggybacks so thats a plus. who knows maybe ill pick up a nother set of peps or some elkas. i will not have works though

Ill cut you a deal on some slightly used slightly rusted stock shocks

:devil:

Covers included!!

TacicalRedneck
10-01-2012, 05:54 PM
UPDATE:

did get to take them riding a while back, clutch cable went out that morning so i didn't get to really try them out, from going over one jump with a rough flat landing, my fronts used to be noticabbly bad, now it's my rear i notice that stinks. Definitely good shocks, didn't bottom out once, but didn't get to try them out a lot. Still need to fine tune them i was running 60 lbs i think, that was a tad stiff it felt, so next time i'll bring the pump.
DID get to take the thing though a LOT of watery mud, me & the bike (& the shocks) were covered, didn't affect anything, these are "supposed" to last a bit longer because "the technology is enclosed" in the body.

So, We'll see, Get to try them out again pretty soon.

hondaREX
11-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Any more feedback about the FOX shocks?

TacicalRedneck
11-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by hondaREX
Any more feedback about the FOX shocks?

I really like them- havn't got to ride a whole lot- about 3 rides on them so far.

They really absorb the bumps i'll tell you that- ii found myself coming up (5th gear) on 2 ruts side by side about 8" deep and 10" wide- with the stock shocks it could've been ugly- with these it really didn't jar me up- all i had time to do was lean back.

Feel a whole lot more confident going over the rough stuff-

If i had it to do over again- I would've still bought them.

TacicalRedneck
11-04-2012, 07:21 AM
And they look pretty cool to! :D

400man
11-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I reconize that barn....is that up at royal atv? ive been there a few times and did a xc race there a year or two ago. good place to ride with a little bit of everything. And its got some rough places out there too lol.

TacicalRedneck
11-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by 400man
I reconize that barn....is that up at royal atv?

yep- i go there a lot now- bought a t-shirt and everything! lol

You come here much? I'm right off the WK 2 exits down.

400man
11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
I live close to bowling green, close to the ballance motocross track.

Hey are you up for any xc racing next year? I think Im gonna try the KCCR series, all in ky and the races are not to far away

TacicalRedneck
11-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by 400man
I live close to bowling green, close to the ballance motocross track.

Hey are you up for any xc racing next year? I think Im gonna try the KCCR series, all in ky and the races are not to far away

I've toyed with the idea- but i'm just not up to keeping up & traveling everywhere a lot- :D

TacicalRedneck
10-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Final Update-

I still like them- took some rough stuff today. Haven't added air in months+ but don't ride a lot.

I wouldve killed myself if I took some of the stuff I hit today in with stockers

So... Questiones? Commentes?

Reason it's final update- I'm selling the quad

JOHNDOE83
10-03-2013, 07:26 PM
How much lighter if any are they compared to stock or 450r shocks, been looking at floats for a long time, just was worried that they were the same weight as other shocks?

hondaREX
10-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Would you sell the Fox shocks?