PDA

View Full Version : Spray on bedliber?

killed300ex
03-10-2003, 02:54 PM
Anyone evcer try this on a wheeler frame? just wondeiring i think it might be cool casue it would have a testure and would hold up amazingly i would think. ANyone know anyhting about this stuff? like how much heat it can withstand?
killed

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-10-2003, 03:03 PM
:ermm: I wouldn't use it...

Woodsrider
03-10-2003, 03:18 PM
I wouldnt, Too thick and it fades in the sun.

AndrewRRR
03-10-2003, 03:22 PM
I saw a 250R for sale on e-bay a long time ago that had that rhino liner stuff on his swingarm. I would be worried about the texture. Imagine having a frame made out of 80-grit sandpaper! Powdercoating can be plenty tough if done right.

Quadfather
03-10-2003, 05:59 PM
I used it on some of my Kodiak parts that don't even see any abuse, and it didn't last for squat.

ill_lil_romey
03-10-2003, 06:13 PM
I got my dads racks for his foreman 400 done with it and it looked trick! For the first year or so. It is holding up great though and its been almost 3 years. I did fade a little from the sun, but you can barely notice it. I would not recommend putting it on a frame or swingarm or anything though. It looks great on his racks, but I think it would just look plain out fugly on a frame or swingarm. Could U imagine having your frame looking like it has a bad case of acne?:eek2:

killed300ex
03-10-2003, 06:56 PM
i thinkit would look diferent and i like things that look diferent like that. I mean who else would have it plus i think it would be easy to keep clean. but i dunno its just that the pc job i got isnt holding u that great but it was free so i was thinking that for like 100 i could buy a gallon of this stuff and get a weird looking frame lol and the problems would be solved. Butit was just an idea
killed

Team Country
03-10-2003, 09:35 PM
Don't do the frame. It'll add alot of weight and you don't want that. I've experiemented with several parts. I have a 400 and the the best use I've found for it was to spray the tank cover and the black side pieces. It's tough, stays shiny and you can't scratch it. Graphics won't stick to it though. Don't use Rhino lining it's a different material. I used Line X for all my parts I've done. If you get your side pieces done, make sure they spray the front and back. If they don't the stuff will eventually peel off the plastic, but if you spray it all over it won't.