PDA

View Full Version : FCR fuel screw

400exRacerX
03-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Here it is installed, installation wasn't as simple as I had thought it would be. I had to take the float bowl cover off to get the stock fuel screw out, then I had to file the hole for the new fuel screw to fit in, then you have to have the float bowl cover half way on to get the new fuel screw to thread in and then bolt the float bowl cover on. Now if you need to change a main jet you need to take the fuel screw out and the float bowl cover off!, because of the fuel screw being right up against the main jet plug. Also the fuel screw doesn't even seat all the way.

Sparks425Ex
03-10-2003, 02:37 PM
Now that ya got the dang thing in how is your quad running?

400exRacerX
03-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Haven't bolted it on yet because I been having a heck of a time getting the screw in! I'm definatly not happy about paying $20 for a screw that doesnt even fit right! It'd be a different thing if the screw fit perfect.

Sparks425Ex
03-10-2003, 07:04 PM
Dang Man. Looks Like me an you are the only ones that are concerned about this.

I hope it works out. I deff will prolly not be buying one now that I have heard how screwed up it is to get them in...

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-10-2003, 07:24 PM
WOW I haven't heard anyone complain about instillation or how it worked I watched Colby install a couple of them and it did not look too hard. I can not really say until I actually install one. I have 2 comming this week and I will install them then give some feedback :D

Extremeracer167
03-10-2003, 09:02 PM
:huh i def. didnt have that much problem. But its def. worth the hassle once its on there

400exRacerX
03-11-2003, 01:01 PM
IDK why mine wont go in or come out with the float bowl cover on. Its restricting it somehow? The guy on the phone told me that I would have to file the hole alittle which i didnt mind. But I don't get it.

RytM1
03-11-2003, 01:23 PM
I drilled out the hole on my float bowl cover so that it was a little bigger than the screw, and I can put it in without having to mess with the cover. Once the main jet cover is turned so that a flat edge is facing the air screw, the new screw goes almost all the way down.

400exRacerX
03-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Well, I gotta say, I put the carb on the bike today and this screw was well worth the fustration and money, cause my bike is running the best it ever has since I got that carb.

Colby@C&DRacing
03-12-2003, 09:24 AM
I never said they were a perfect fit:) But I have told everyone that has bought one from me about the trick to installing them and they are well worht the money. As for them not seating completely because they hit the bowl nut that is not true if you were to take the bowl nut out and then install the screw you will see that the screw seats just as it hits the nut. :D

300exTJjeeper
03-12-2003, 10:52 AM
I may be dumb or stupid or what.

But is the purpose of the FCR screw. Is it the fuel mixture screw? Or what? doesnt it already ahve a fuel mixture screw on teh carb.

Just wondering I like to know these things.

RytM1
03-12-2003, 11:11 AM
It is a fuel screw. Yes, the FCR already has a fuel screw, but it is next to impossible to adjust without having to twist/remove the carb to get a screwdriver in to access the stock screw. This new screw allows you to make quicker adjusments, without tools, and not have to go through all the drama to do it.

trx400ex
03-12-2003, 01:06 PM
but why would it run better, i mean a perfect adj. carb vs. a perfect adj. with the fuel screw?...is all it does is make it easier to reach?

Colby@C&DRacing
03-12-2003, 01:13 PM
It makes it run better because people actually adjust the new screw and get the carb dialed in . With the old one it was so hard to get to that no one ever bothered to mess with it:D

Extremeracer167
03-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
It makes it run better because people actually adjust the new screw and get the carb dialed in . With the old one it was so hard to get to that no one ever bothered to mess with it:D

what he said, unless u have a FCR u wont know how much of a pain it is with the stock one. its so far up inside the carb, it makes it such a hassle just to get a screw driver up in. And for ppl to take the carb on and off to adjust it, most ppl just htink it isnt worth it.

trx400ex
03-12-2003, 03:26 PM
well i have an FCR, i just hate carbs

400exRacerX
03-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by trx400ex
well i have an FCR, i just hate carbs

Don't we all? lol

mopar 400
03-28-2003, 12:09 PM
How many turns did you turn it before you got it dailed in? I"m putting one on right now (I KNOW ITS A DUMB QUSTION )thanks for a littel help..........:huh

Giz400ex
03-28-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm believe I'm getting mine next week (C&D) and I hope everything goes well. But, I guess the key word here is "PATIENCE"!!:D :D

RytM1
03-29-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by mopar 400
How many turns did you turn it before you got it dailed in? I"m putting one on right now (I KNOW ITS A DUMB QUSTION )thanks for a littel help..........:huh
A good starting point is to seat the needle all the way, then back it out 2 to 2-1/2 turns. Then you can fine tune as you need to from there.