PDA

View Full Version : atva 50 limited production

qcitytile
09-11-2012, 08:05 PM
My 3 year old is starting to race and will be full time next year. I am wanting to build a 50cc legal for 50 limited production in the atva, because my older son usually runs a few nationals. So what is legal? axle, motor work, wheels tires, ect. What all can be changed from stock??

nastynotchback1
09-12-2012, 06:02 AM
50cc Limited: Production models. The following may be changed: shocks (limited to maximum 4" shock travel), tires, wheels (must not change stock width) internal portions of the motor, spark arrestor may be removed (must still meet 98dB/A), sprockets, gearing, clutch, twist throttle, handlebars and handlebar pads, grips, front bumper, rear grab bar, air filter and jetting. Air box lid may be removed or modified. Fenders may be trimmed. Manufacturer installed parental speed limiting devices may be removed. Nerf bars or suitable floorboards and working tether cords are required. No other modifications allowed, INCLUDING, carburetors, oil injection, air box, gas tank, exhaust systems, wheel base, width, rear axle, A-arm, steering dampener, and suspension (with the exception of shocks).

qcitytile
09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
would the new upgrades on the drr be legal on a older model??

nastynotchback1
09-13-2012, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by qcitytile
would the new upgrades on the drr be legal on a older model??

I don't think so but i could be wrong.

redonkulousruntsracing
09-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Yes, for example, if you have a 2009 50, you can do all the upgrades that a new 2013-2013 model has and be legal.

qcitytile
09-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Thats what i was wondering. Thanks