PDA

View Full Version : DC +1 A arms ????

corn eater
09-11-2012, 10:28 AM
How long of a shock does the DC +1 arms take. Is it 12" i just purchsed some and it said they takes 12" shocks which I assume is right since they owned them, but am just trying to make sure.

Also if it is a 12" shock can I go 12.5 and be ok or does it have to be 12" exactly?

Also should I purchase works double adjustables or elkas with res.

you help is greatly appreciated for this new guy.

Thanks,
Matt

09-11-2012, 10:51 AM
12.5 will work You might have to adjust the spring and either or are very good shocks. We run the works shocks and elkas and my boy says the works are smoother...

nastynotchback1
09-11-2012, 11:30 AM
ELKA STAGE 3

FISH ON!
09-12-2012, 09:01 AM
You are getting ready to spend a bunch of money on shocks so make sure you are getting the right ones. Your best bet is to call Dave Carter and talk to him on what you have. We have his latest version on our Apex and they are 14.7" eye to eye if I remember correctly. We like the Fox much better than Elkas. Ironically the Fox guys had the wrong length in their books for DC arms and they sent 12" shocks and for our setup, that length was WAY wrong. Turns out those were for DRR. Hopefully they have updated their databse.

Measure twice, buy once!

Hope this helps.

corn eater
10-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Thanks for all the help it looks like the shocks lengths was correct. I picked up dual dampened remote res. Elka's not sure what stage that is.

I am now having problems with geometry. the lower ball joint looks like it is leaning all the way towards the rear as far as it can go just to get my camber correct.

The Atv is a 05 41" apex and and I am thinking that the spindel is not the same as a 44" which is what is giving me my problems.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also did the older apexes come with smaller ball joints? the ball joints that came with the A arms seem much bigger then the ones that were stock on my bike.

Everyone's help is greatly appreciated as this is my first adventure into aftermarket suspension on any type of vehical.

Thanks
Matt.

fomospede
10-04-2012, 05:46 PM
FOX never again for us
we like dealing with modest folks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by FISH ON!
You are getting ready to spend a bunch of money on shocks so make sure you are getting the right ones. Your best bet is to call Dave Carter and talk to him on what you have. We have his latest version on our Apex and they are 14.7" eye to eye if I remember correctly. We like the Fox much better than Elkas. Ironically the Fox guys had the wrong length in their books for DC arms and they sent 12" shocks and for our setup, that length was WAY wrong. Turns out those were for DRR. Hopefully they have updated their databse.

Measure twice, buy once!

Hope this helps.