PDA

View Full Version : big bore kit ?'s

mineralgrey01gt
09-10-2012, 06:27 PM
First off is anyone here using one? Im wanting one as it just seems the reasonable thing to do for the power I want. Im looking at the 474cc kit and the 490cc kit. Now I know the 490cc will make more power but what kind of difference am I looking at? Should I go ahead and do a stroker crank and cams while im in the engine? Money isnt a problem so whatever is the best I can do I will do it as I hate just 1/2 ***'ng anything with an engine. Id like some feedback on both kits pro's and con's on one vs the other. My riding style is wide open stuff, hardly ever tight trails or anything. Im usually balls to walls flat out on the quad when im riding.

mineralgrey01gt
10-08-2012, 08:52 AM
anyone?

awsomeaussies
10-30-2012, 05:18 PM
I have the Trinity 493cc with the Hotrods stroker crank. I've been running it for 3 years without any problems besides blowing a head gasket once. It has alot of drag racing on it too;) If you want to be the fastest 450 out there, get it stroked. We ride alot of dunes, so I love the power... on the track it can be alittle squirly but nothing you can't get used too:D

bosshogg1
10-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Yo I have that 474 kit my zilla is a beast had her rebuilded from ground up I'm runnin 50/50 on gas hot cams head from Renko's rides monster ignition coil ricks stator por com high rev box an some other stuff im still braking her in since my build the only problems i was having was my electronics which the cause was my bike sat for 3 years, renko's did me right.well the whole build was done by them

awsomeaussies
10-31-2012, 09:47 AM
I guess it also depends on how much you want to spend at the pump... You could do a 50/50 mix or so with boring your motor or I usually run straight 110 or a 75/25 mix with 110 with my stroker. Also diffinetly get a good coolant! I run only Engine Ice.