PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Opinions

bigdaddy6809
09-10-2012, 08:46 AM
I just bought on 06 450ER, I am building it for WORCS racing and have had several people tell me to get rid of the electric start and add the kick instead since the electric start doesnt work well when the engine is hot. A few said add the kick to the electric and a few have said that doesnt work that well at times either. Any opinions?

CJM
09-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Jetting it right will fix almost all of the starting issues.

I have a stubborn friend whose 06 wouldnt start once hot (it was better but not great when the valves were done tho).

He put a stroker big bore on it and I jetted it. Wouldnt you know the larger pilot and main it kicks right over now.

I will say my 04 even warm will start almost always on first kick if not second.

DnB_racing
09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by bigdaddy6809
I just bought on 06 450ER, I am building it for WORCS racing and have had several people tell me to get rid of the electric start and add the kick instead since the electric start doesnt work well when the engine is hot. A few said add the kick to the electric and a few have said that doesnt work that well at times either. Any opinions? another option is
24volt start,

with this setup, mine will start in second gear no clutch push the button and its moving,when hot...

but I dont recomend the dead starts like this too often or you will be replacing the starter brushes,

brushes are cheap .... fast starts are priceless:macho