PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know who makes this bracket?

danhung11
09-09-2012, 12:55 PM
I thought it was CFM, but it's not. I have one that I trimmed for a centermount pipe, but now need the brake reservoir holder. :mad:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/642740EF-576F-4D44-BCD9-EFCEAFE239B1-3120-000003CAD60C0392.jpg

Thanks,
Dan

leager-n-ky
09-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Doesnt ESR make a rezzie holder ???

danhung11
09-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by leager-n-ky
Doesnt ESR make a rezzie holder ???

They do, however the Lobo subframe is 7/8" OD. I think ESR's bracket is either 1/2" or 3/4" OD.

Deuce426
09-09-2012, 06:06 PM
That's a JL or James lucky air box eliminator. Still available too, I believe their website is jlatv.com

danhung11
09-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Deuce426
That's a JL or James lucky air box eliminator. Still available too, I believe their website is jlatv.com

I only saw 400EX models, and it looks way different. I bought these new off eBay, but forgot the name of the seller. I do not believe they are JLATV.

Dan

atv fan 28
09-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Im sure Tony could fab you one up.

danhung11
09-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by atv fan 28
Im sure Tony could fab you one up.

I'm sure a polished stainless would be nice! :D

Deuce, your mailbox is full.

Deuce426
09-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Hey Dan,

My inbox is all cleaned out, sorry about that.

Polished stainless would look nice.

Wow, they updated their site (http://www.jlatvproducts.com/). Literally a month ago they had them listed and now they are no longer there. I even have the old links book marked, and now the link doesn't work.

I wonder if you called them that they would have some, or maybe tony would be able to make them. They would look sweet polished.

TLR-Online
09-10-2012, 03:17 AM
I believe jason @ all250r makes them.

http://www.trx250rparts.com/TRX250RParts/tabid/83/ProdID/29/CatID/8/TRX250R_Air_filter_bracket_CR_reed_boot.aspx

danhung11
09-10-2012, 06:00 AM
Thanks Trevor! I'll get in contact with him.

hawaiiysr
09-10-2012, 10:06 AM
The boot pictured is a CR boot? Not a trx boot? Could a trx boot be used? I like this set up.

danhung11
09-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by hawaiiysr
The boot pictured is a CR boot? Not a trx boot? Could a trx boot be used? I like this set up.

The picture I included is a 86 TRX boot.

wilkin250r
09-10-2012, 10:32 PM
I have a plate that is really similar, it was on the bike when I purchased it so I don't know the origins. But I'm interested in purchasing another.

JLATV did indeed offer a similar plate in the past, but I contacted them and they said the no longer offer it. They didn't make it, they purchased it from somewhere in Oregon. I curse myself for not buying it when I had the chance (as well as cursing myself for not buying Fullbore plastics when I had the chance, or buying a couple extra OEM cranks. Dammit dammit dammit)

As for the bracket from trx250rparts.com that Trevor posted, the CR boot in the description is between the carb and reeds, not between the airbox and carb. Often called the intake manifold. The CR reed setup is indeed shorter than the TRX setup, which brings the carb closer to the engine. You need to add a reed spacer to put everything back in place or else the airbox boot will be too short. Apparently the bracket from trx250rparts.com brings the airbox boot closer to the carb and allows you to get rid of the spacer.

You might be able to just push the boot on the airbox bracket a little deeper if you were using a stock TRX reed setup.

wilkin250r
09-10-2012, 10:37 PM
The CR250 airbox to carburetor boot looks NOTHING like the TRX boot, there is no way you could ever mistake it or make it fit.

dunatic
09-11-2012, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I have a plate that is really similar, it was on the bike when I purchased it so I don't know the origins. But I'm interested in purchasing another.

JLATV did indeed offer a similar plate in the past, but I contacted them and they said the no longer offer it. They didn't make it, they purchased it from somewhere in Oregon. I curse myself for not buying it when I had the chance (as well as cursing myself for not buying Fullbore plastics when I had the chance, or buying a couple extra OEM cranks. Dammit dammit dammit)

As for the bracket from trx250rparts.com that Trevor posted, the CR boot in the description is between the carb and reeds, not between the airbox and carb. Often called the intake manifold. The CR reed setup is indeed shorter than the TRX setup, which brings the carb closer to the engine. You need to add a reed spacer to put everything back in place or else the airbox boot will be too short. Apparently the bracket from trx250rparts.com brings the airbox boot closer to the carb and allows you to get rid of the spacer.

You might be able to just push the boot on the airbox bracket a little deeper if you were using a stock TRX reed setup.

The brackets where made by a guy out of Klamath Falls. I'm going to do some digging, but I may still have his name, number and email address around here somewhere.

danhung11
09-11-2012, 05:24 AM
I have a message with him, spoke to his wife yesterday. They were made by PerformanceATV and available on eBay for the longest time.

dunatic
09-11-2012, 05:29 AM
i knew it was "Performance" something.

Man I hate getting old.

DoonRider
09-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Dan, didn't I just buy one of those from you about 6 months ago? :)

danhung11
09-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by DoonRider
Dan, didn't I just buy one of those from you about 6 months ago? :)

Yes. Are you using it?

I received a response back from the manufacturer and they do not plan to continue making these. Stay tuned...

DoonRider
09-12-2012, 04:19 PM
I am.
I researched them before I bought yours and there was a guy making them and selling just the bracket on a website. I have all the info at work. I'm not sure if it is the same guy you talked to, but I will share what info I have tomorrow.

DoonRider
09-12-2012, 09:37 PM
That was almost a year ago. Jason at All250R.com is who I was thinking of. Is he a user of this site?

Is this it:

link (http://www.trx250rparts.com/TRX250RParts/tabid/83/ProdID/29/CatID/7/TRX250R_Air_filter_bracket_CR_reed_boot.aspx)

sales1@all250r.com

hawaiiysr
09-13-2012, 08:54 AM
I believe he is a member here. I bought some parts from Jason before. Easy guy to dealthe with. Maybe Jody or pumashine can jump in on this one.

danhung11
09-13-2012, 07:12 PM
I talked to Jason today, great guy. The one that all250r had made is for the CR carb adapter boot. It is longer by 1/2" on the carb side and does away with a reed spacer in order to run OEM boot, and still be long enough to reach the hangers in back. The one made by PerformanceATV will probably not happen, that is my impression based on his message to me. His design is made for OEM specs, not the CR carb adapter. Look at the pics in his website and you will see what I'm talking about.

I'm working at getting one made in polished stainless.

DoonRider
09-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Jason talked me out of that one for the same reason, but I wasn't convinced it was different than the one I bought from you.
I agree, he is a nice guy.

Langbolt
09-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by danhung11
I'm working at getting one made in polished stainless.

Is PUMASHINE on the case ?

More awesome Polished Stainless 250R products!!!

:D

hawaiiysr
09-14-2012, 11:36 AM
So when you say cr boot, you mean cr manifold, correct? The rubber part bolted to the cylinder the the carb goes in to.

When i think boot i think of the longer carb to air box boot.

hawaiiysr
09-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Langbolt
Is PUMASHINE on the case ?

More awesome Polished Stainless 250R products!!!

:D

Hell yea his stuff never fails. And shinny stuff makes you go faster. Jus fyi:p

Originally posted by danhung11 I'm working at getting one made in polished stainless.

Only 1? Share the love?

danhung11
09-14-2012, 11:44 AM
So when you say cr boot, you mean cr manifold, correct? The rubber part bolted to the cylinder the the carb goes in to.

When i think boot i think of the longer carb to air box boot.

Yes, I am referring to the carb adapter, bolts to your motor/reed cage. If you look at the pictures on all250r.com, the 4" tubing is longer by about 1/2" on the carb side. The one that Performance ATV makes is equal lengths on both sides of vertical bracket.

I guess one could cut off 1/2" from the longer side and be fine to use this, but why not add more bling! :D

danhung11
09-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Hell yea his stuff never fails. And shinny stuff makes you go faster. Jus fyi:p

Originally posted by danhung11 I'm working at getting one made in polished stainless.

Only 1? Share the love?

I am sure it will be shared if it is done, all I did was plant the seed after I could not purchase a new one.

hawaiiysr
09-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Why is the cr manifold used? Does it flow better then the trx manifold?

danhung11
09-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Why is the cr manifold used? Does it flow better then the trx manifold?

I believe the CR250's came with 38mm carbs, so it in turn fits the carb better. In addition, the manifold is shorter and has a sharper angle to it. Sometimes you throw a bigger carb on and it is a bear to get it to fit right into the frame, so the angle and length sometimes helps. There are other theories out there about what reed cages to use, porting the reeds themselves to match the boot better, etc., etc.

We are getting off topic Josh, I just want a bracket. LOL!

hawaiiysr
09-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Sorry Dan. Just wonder what the deal was with the cr manifold. Sounds like a solution our big carb issues.

K, back to topic. Put me down for 3 brackets.
The one you have, what is it made of? Stainless, aluminum? I have a cousin that does sheet metal in a federal shop. He makez all kinds of cool stuff. Maybe he can make one between naps. I need dimensions or better yet a functioning example.

danhung11
09-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Sorry Dan. Just wonder what the deal was with the cr manifold. Sounds like a solution our big carb issues.

K, back to topic. Put me down for 3 brackets.
The one you have, what is it made of? Stainless, aluminum? I have a cousin that does sheet metal in a federal shop. He makez all kinds of cool stuff. Maybe he can make one between naps. I need dimensions or better yet a functioning example.

I was just giving you a hard time because some folks like to debate which setup is best, and that is not what I am trying to do here. As far as the CR manifold, there are other ways around the CR adapter due to carb fitment/alignment.

I'm running a UPP adapter, TRX V-Force 3 Reeds, and 1986 Boot, with both my bikes - and have been on a OEM frame, Laeger CR500, and Lobo No Link. The Lobo is probably the worst out of them all because the shock is right down the center. It will work though, the air boot might rub the shock some but it should be fine. I personally think this is a clean, simple, setup, with no reed spacer, etc. I run a CFM air box on my Laeger, but both of them use OEM airbox mounts.

The original bracket from Performance ATV are aluminum. The ones that all250r made appear to be the same material, but I have never had those in my posession. I sent my off to a buddy to have put into a "drawing", so it is already in the works - hopefully.

SilverLake250R
09-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Oh, it's in the works. ;)

hawaiiysr
09-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Love we need a discod part and we can make it happen. Dont think any other forums pull together like us 250r guys