PDA

View Full Version : 416 kit head gasket question!

Wired
03-10-2003, 09:16 AM
hey guys, im rebuilding my 416 engine cause i felt a loss of power and sure $hit my head gasket was a mess as was my camshaft flange loose. so im going in and redoing it all so it will last. my question is what gasket for my 416 kit will work? stock gasket from service honda or do i have to get a gasket for my specific 416 kit. i got the kit from marcums atv and i think it was the 10:8:1 compression piston. any help would be great cause i need the quad for this weekend indoor race at the metrodome. thanks :cool:

jon

gojk
03-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Regular size gaskets work just fine. I kinda recommend cometic because the are quite a bit cheaper. There have been complaints about them blowing but I could replace 3 of them for the price of one of the other brands. Also alot of other people here use the XR400 gasket because it is thinner and it is a "stock" gasket.

YZROOSTINYA
03-10-2003, 10:37 AM
i am putting in a xr head gasket in place of my cometic when i get my head back from porting. you call also use a stock ex gasket. or any brand of stock size gaskets for the 416

Colby@C&DRacing
03-10-2003, 10:42 AM
A stock gasket will work just fine. I run The steel flex gaskets on my bikes they are thinner for higher comp and you do not have as much trouble with them blowing out and there really is not any need to retorgue the head, like you have to do with a normal head gasket.:)

knighttime
03-10-2003, 11:13 AM
I used the marcums kit, it came with a cometic gasket kit, im not sure if that included the head gasket, if it didnt, i used the stock one? :huh

03-10-2003, 11:26 AM
Jon I'd see if Hot cams will replace that POS cam of theirs with a new updated one..

dj416
03-10-2003, 02:44 PM
when i went to a 416 kit the stock head gasket was smaller than the cylnder bore so i had it bored out to match the cylnder. will it hurt with it being alittle smaller???

luvmyex
03-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by YZROOSTINYA
i am putting in a xr head gasket in place of my cometic when i get my head back from porting. you call also use a stock ex gasket. or any brand of stock size gaskets for the 416
How much is the P&P costing ya?I had someone tell me they could get it done for $100 i thought that was cheap.And makes me wonder what kind of job they'd do.Give me a pm when yopu get it back togeather and tell me how much better it is.Im not smoking my friends Z400 as bad as i want to yet:D I can beat him but i want to pull beside him and just leave his arse!

Wired
03-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Colby i'll probably be giving you guys a call tomorrow to get one of those flex gaskets. might as well give that a try. rico im going to call up hotcams tomorrow and see what their going to do about my little situation. i love the cam but i hope they take care of me cause thats the last thing i want to do is get a different cam. wish me luck guys!

jon

YZROOSTINYA
03-11-2003, 03:51 AM
150 from profabatv.com

there just doing a clean up and blend. a full race is 375. i am doing that and a xr gasket so will see if it makes a diff