PDA

View Full Version : need help.. 03 rubicon

wilsonracing
09-08-2012, 10:45 PM
well i just did some trading and ended up getting a 03 500 rubicon. while in low range the atv does great reverse also works but when i put it in high the atv makes a clacking sound and doesnt pull its self. im not trying to tie up alotta money into it. just kinda curious if anyone else has experinced this problem also the esp setting will not work as in let you shift up or down.i tried reseting the computer but still no luck any ideas?

dxcody
09-09-2012, 04:48 AM
i will tell you right now, you may never get the ESP working right.

i had a 1999 Honda Foreman 450ES and we replaced the entire deal and it still didn't function properly.

I will say the Angle sensor, (like $75) is more than likely your problem. In 2003 they may have had the problem codes, which you will have too look up.

What i mean by problem codes is like, the (1) may flash like 4 times and that indicates what your problem is. Not sure though.

Anyways, any type of Clacking noise cannot be good. Could you make a video on it or something? Could it possibly be a wheel bearing going out? Or a half shaft not properly in place?

wilsonracing
09-09-2012, 10:36 AM
ill give tha a try and when i say clacking its as in two gears slipping or a shaft spinning on a yoke sound so to speak.ive checked the front and rear shafts while in high range and no go they arent spin ning sliping or anything .ill see what i can do as far as making a video because ive never seen nothing like it

TCracin440ex
09-10-2012, 09:26 PM
go join hondaforeman.com them guys know their stuff over there about formans, rubicons, ranchers and recons too