PDA

View Full Version : loose clutch handle

GAZ-V-21
09-07-2012, 08:06 PM
The clutch handle on my 400 wiggles around alot what do i do to fix it? I noticed they all seem to wiggle a little but mine seems to do it alot more than others ive seen.

b0rn c0nfused
09-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Try tighting up the bolt. Or buy a new clutch perch.

xtreme762
09-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Every now and again you gotta spray some lithium grease in where the handle pivots to keep it from wearing out. If you don't, it'll wear out and you'll have to replace the entire perch.

What exactly do you mean by wiggles a lot?

Do you mean that it is out of adjustment or is it wiggling up and down? Most of the time they are just out of adjustment and the cable needs adjusting. I think the book says 3/8" to 3/4" free play. If it's more than you need to loosen the adjuster lock nut on the perch where the cable goes in and take out the free play till it's right. Takes 2 minutes at most.

Pittsburgh400ex
09-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Most likely the hole in the lever that the bolt goes through is ovaled out. Happened on my ASV lever. I have access to a machine shop so i drilled the lever out round and made a bushing for it on a lathe. Works like new and is never gonna wear out, the whole perch will break first. Dont have to get that precise with it, get a bolt and drill it out and drill your lever to match the OD of the bushing, easy fix.