PDA

View Full Version : 2013 trx 450

yfm250rider
09-06-2012, 10:21 AM
i know this is overkill but honda could not do any better than a color change?!?! they totally redesigned the 2013 crf 450 but left the trx the same for the last six years

http://www.atvriders.com/atvmodels/honda-2013-trx450r-sport-atv-specifications.html

CJM
09-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Yea yea its been said before like a million times over.

But why mess with what they deem perfection? Notice I didnt say its was perfect, but honda thinks it works just fine.

ben300
09-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Yea yea its been said before like a million times over.

But why mess with what they deem perfection? Notice I didnt say its was perfect, but honda thinks it works just fine.

this is beating a dead horse to me, and get tired of people starting threas every 2-......im fine with it. sure its not the most technologically advanced quad out there, but its proven, it works, theres billions of parts for it, and people are still gonna buy it..

im just so over this discussion its mute

Tommy Warren
09-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I just bought an 05 with the original oil in it.... a 58 year old dude bought it because it was the fastest in 05... he rode it for 2 weekends and didn't like it... sold it to me for 3000 and delivered it in a 2012 harley f350 with a 12" lift and 49" iroks.... guy has money to burn. he just bought a wildcat sxs and a rzr900xp..... in the same week:rolleyes:

anyways the point is... i've owned one before and I just bought one and I'll buy one again

Longdong
09-06-2012, 05:05 PM
People don't understand the economics of redesigning a quad.

CJM
09-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Speaking of redesigns: I highly dislike companies who make an item for like 2-5 years and change it completely over.

Parts are hard to find and possibly buy if you do find them ($$$), your not sure what damn part you need depending on when it was made, sometimes they used older parts on newer stuff, etc. What comes to mind here-chrysler vehicles (Im not bashing Im stating truth here). In one model year you could have parts fromt he previous years, odd combinations of parts, hard to find parts, etc.

But anyways I dont understand whats wrong with the honda 450. It works, its simple (the simplest out of them all by now, its only competitor is the cheaper yfz with the carb maybe).

I feel the 04-05 was a small mistake but I like them-even so the parts are the same on it to a degree vs the newer models.

Tommy Warren
09-06-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm a fan of the 05's the only trouble I've ever had with them is the hot start seizing open and leaning it out hard... never had crank bearing issues or never regretted buying a kick start version

Longdong
09-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Speaking of redesigns: I highly dislike companies who make an item for like 2-5 years and change it completely over.

Parts are hard to find and possibly buy if you do find them ($$$), your not sure what damn part you need depending on when it was made, sometimes they used older parts on newer stuff, etc. What comes to mind here-chrysler vehicles (Im not bashing Im stating truth here). In one model year you could have parts fromt he previous years, odd combinations of parts, hard to find parts, etc.

But anyways I dont understand whats wrong with the honda 450. It works, its simple (the simplest out of them all by now, its only competitor is the cheaper yfz with the carb maybe).

I feel the 04-05 was a small mistake but I like them-even so the parts are the same on it to a degree vs the newer models.

X2

honda400ex2003
09-06-2012, 08:02 PM
ive pretty much given up on honda...

ill buy an 08 for my collection just to say i have one.

ill buy a rincon for myself or a rancher for a gf/wife some day. those would be the only two machines i buy from honda new any more. even those two are pretty slim, the new can am's are so nice!

ill have my hondas for life, just not buying any more sport machines from them. those days are over for me i think. i dont ride hard enough any more to need sport machines. it is nice to have a good suspension and seat when trail riding.

steve

CJM
09-06-2012, 08:43 PM
I do agree Honda needs to come out with something new and exciting.

Right now its just not in the cards. Economies down, people arent buying new stuff. So why would they bother to release anything new.

blaster12s
09-07-2012, 08:18 AM
The new honda is done. Ive seen it. I had an interview with honda and got a tour of the plant. They are just waiting on HQ to give the go ahead.

CJM
09-07-2012, 12:24 PM
^ So they slapped a CRF motor into the R chassis?

blaster12s
09-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I am not allowed to talk about my experiences there if I want a shot getting my dream job.

CJM
09-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by blaster12s
I am not allowed to talk about my experiences there if I want a shot getting my dream job.

I see.

dxcody
09-08-2012, 02:18 AM
Honda is a very smart company.

Anyways, the whole intention of my post is,

The companies that change stuff every single year, its sooo hard on everything.

Parts, aftermarket companies have to make new designed parts, the race teams (yes i realize honda doesnt have a race team) have to learn about the changes..

Parts are more expensive... etc.

My motto, dont fix whats not broken.

rf928
09-08-2012, 09:46 AM
If I found a cheap enough Honda new, I'd buy it. Its awesome for the farm for me to burn around on the trails and stuff. And if I wanted an mx quad, even if I bought a yfz I'd still change suspension and motor. No complaints to Honda, if a new one came out then cool! But for now, its all I'd need. I don't want a flashy Walsh hybrid, cause it could turn into a wicked fast cow chaser

That being said, ill still probably buy yamaha

grim one
09-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by blaster12s
The new honda is done. Ive seen it. I had an interview with honda and got a tour of the plant. They are just waiting on HQ to give the go ahead.
:rolleyes:

Black Sheep
09-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Baja 1000 ;)

TRXman86
09-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Is it me, or do the rear fenders look to be a little narrower? Sharp looking colors though.

grim one
11-17-2012, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Black Sheep
Baja 1000 ;)

Well??????

guess you were DEAD wrong,,,,,,,

Ruby Soho
11-17-2012, 08:10 AM
CJM you said it best... i hate seeing a model for 2-3 years, parts aren't widely available, its not proven as well etc..

some models like the banshee could have had an update, what were they around 20 years unchanged? ha but i think a good 5 years atleast the same...