PDA

View Full Version : Rc-51 Vs Gsxr 1000

EHSRACING
03-10-2003, 07:21 AM
hey guys i am very close to buying a new rocket but i am having a hard time deciding between a honda rc 51 and the suzuki gsxr 1000. i dont know if i want to go to a twin with the rc but they look like awsome bike any help or previous experince is appreciated

03-10-2003, 08:42 AM
personally i would get a yamaha R1 my friends brother has one and that thing is ****en fast as hell. but you gotta have alot of $$$$$$$$ to get one./ Otherwise i would go with the suzuki

EHSRACING
03-10-2003, 09:06 AM
the r1 are definetly nice but dont like how they feel as much as thr rc51 i have never got to ride either of them but my buddy just got the new 03 r1 and were wating for the roads to clear so we can take it out. it looks awsome i cant wait personally i am a honda guy thats why i am having a hard time not choosing the rc but the r1 and gsxr look sweet to ?

aproy
03-10-2003, 09:10 AM
the RC is not all that it should be. the handling is bad, the power is pretty good if you have time to wait for the engine to spool up. when you ride it it sounds like a computer. all you hear is the fuel pumps and air coming into the 2 radiators. i had a 2000 for about 3 months and sold it.

if you really want an RC, there is a very clean 2000 for sale in Wayne NJ. good price too.

now onto the GSXR. If you are waiting for the 2003, id say get it! it should destroy all 1000's this year. its more powerful, lighter, restyled, stronger and more rigid than the already amazing 2002 GSXR. But if youre more concerned about getting a 2002 while they are discounted then the 2002 is more bike than most people have a need for anyway. they are both amazing.

EHSRACING
03-10-2003, 09:13 AM
how much is the rc in wayne its not that far from me i actually worked there for a little while when i was on the road

aproy
03-10-2003, 09:19 AM
youve got a PM.

NewRider
03-10-2003, 04:46 PM
How tall are you? If you are a tall person, you will probably find the R1 uncomfortable. It has poor peg positioning which has your legs lifted too high and shoves your body into the awkward face of the tank. Im 6'1" and it was a very uncomfortable bike.
As for the RC, handling has alot to be desired in comparrison with the GSXR or R1. In tight corners, it doesnt track nearly as well. Still not a bad bike overall.
Never was much of a Suzuki fan, but with the GSXR, its kind of hard not to sway that way. (At least as far as street bikes go ;) )
Handling is superb. The peg placement seems to be the most forgiving for short and tall riders alike. The power produced is great and they have no problem getting it put to the ground. Only real problem is keeping the front on the ground. ;) A much better bike in most areas in my opinion.

Anyway you choose to go, they are all well performing bikes. If you are coming up from a smaller bike, just remember to treat them with respect until you get used to them. Because all of them like to point the headlight in the sky. ;)

NewRider

EHSRACING
03-10-2003, 05:13 PM
I AM STARTING TO LEAN TORWARDS THE GSXR THE MORE I KEEP LOOKING I WAS DEAD SET ON THE RC FOR A LONG TIME BUT NOW THAT I AM RESARCHING ITS CHANGING MY MIND. AND WITH THE HEADLIGHT POINTING AT THE SKY IS THE BEST WAY TO GO I WANT SOMETHING THAT WILL BRING IT UP IN THIRD AND 4TH AND SO ON MY 6 JUST DOESNT CUT IT I CAN GET 1ST AND 2ND BUT NO MORE THANKS FOR THE INFO KEEP IT COMING PLEASE

cyba888
03-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Get the RC51. The R1 is played out...I see alot of them where I live. Oh BTW who's the man behind the Honda bike who won the championship on his RC211v? Valentino Rossi :D

loganB
03-10-2003, 06:26 PM
Nicky haden rides an RC51 and he domanates. Every body I talk to say that the RC51 have great handaling and all the balls you can handel.:)

mrusk
03-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Uh please tell me this is not your first bike?

odie
03-10-2003, 07:29 PM
I have a 01' gixxer 600 and I love it.I ride with guys who have the rc-51 and those are sweet bikes,the sound they make with aftermarket pipes sounds so good,its a deep noise not a screaming sound from the 4 bangers.but I love suzuki but if I had 10k sitting around I might buy a rc-51

Pro400EXC
03-10-2003, 07:45 PM
dude,all i hear RC owner's rave about is how awsome it is on the twisties...but sucks in the urban areas......'

so i dunno what ya'll eman about the handling on RC's being bad..

batgeek
03-10-2003, 08:49 PM
agree the RC51 is a damn nice race bike, but for street use the gixxer is better suited.

i've owned a 87 GSXR750 and a 94 GSXR750 i love the gixxers for everyday riding, but if i was racing...i'd be on a RC51. nuff said.

EHSRACING
03-11-2003, 06:15 AM
The shop that im going to has the 03 RC for 9,900 brand new and the GSXR for 8700 left over 02 which are both real good deals i think and the GSXR is red and black so at least it sorta looks like a honda LOL im almost ready to go with the gsxr the 1200 i save i cane get a pipe and a few other goodies and i checked its like 60 pounds lighter also i think that was a 03 gsxr and i know they shave a lot of weight so maybe its not that much im still not sure though

NewRider
03-11-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Pro400EXC
all i hear RC owner's rave about

so i dunno what ya'll eman about the handling on RC's being bad..

My opinion on the RC's handling comes from my personal experience of riding the RC's, R1's, and GSXR's.

NewRider

Z400central
03-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Im a gixxer guy myself......But the RC is a nice bike, and the sound of Vtwins.... *drooooool*