PDA

View Full Version : steering stabilizers

mpblaster287
09-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Hey guys, I have a precision stabilizer on my quad now. I got it used a few years ago but never rode much with it until this year when I put it on my XC quad and have 9 races on it. It doesnt seem to be dampening any more. I called precision and they want $98 plus parts and shipping to completely rebuild it. Is it worth rebuilding or should I consider a new one. I have seen the CCP stabilizers on ebay for $199. Anyone have any experience with those? Just not sure which way to go right now. I figure with shipping ill have about $120-130 in rebuilding mine plus any parts. Not sure what the inside of one of these style stabilizers looks like or how they work. I dont know what could have broken or went wrong.

CJM
09-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Have a ccp on my 400 and at least 100 hours of hard riding on it with no problems at all. I like it alot and am gonna get one for my 450.

Friend of mine also runs one and likes it alot, not as much time on his tho.

racer28
09-08-2012, 11:07 AM
hey chris i know this is off topic but you wouldnt happen to have any of the mounting blocks to put a gibson on a 450? i have one laying around from when i raced for apex and wanted to throw it on.

thanks
shane nelson

mpblaster287
09-08-2012, 11:39 AM
No sorry

xcracer416
09-09-2012, 03:17 AM
ccp over a precision? and you already own the precision, send it to jet suspension, let him build it and install a dirtworks linkage.

crazy to buy a ccp and have a precsion that will be flawless after a rebuild. the ccp needs serviced also over time just like the precision

fomospede
09-09-2012, 07:08 AM
i rebuild my own its just shock fluid a qt of it is like 15 buck and you can do it several time with a qt.
motul brand
call them they will tell you what to use

punk rock kiel
09-09-2012, 09:18 AM
you can tune it if you just take it apart and try different shock fluids since theres more than one wt of oil to run.

i got a scotts and love it. they offer one free rebuild when you buy it.