PDA

View Full Version : How to convince parents?

Glow Plug
03-10-2003, 07:01 AM
ok well, i am most likely getting a new quad next year some time when i have some cash, well my mom said that she would pay 1/2 for the quad, So yesterday i bring home this honda booklet from a lasure (sp?) show that me and my friend when to, so i was flicking through it and my friends just oh yeah that's that quad james want's which was a 400ex, so my mom later is talking to my dad and he's like oh no bloody way (he's english). and then i asked why and my mom said because "if we paying for 1/2 we need something that we can all use" (even though i am the only one that has riden the bayou like all this year :rolleyes:) and now they want a rancher. so got any idea's how i can convicne them?

ps- sorry for the long post, just venting a bit

Sparks425Ex
03-10-2003, 07:24 AM
Keep at them and show alot fo interest in the sport of quads. They will come around when they see that you are really that interested...

CHAUNCY
03-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Sparks425Ex
Keep at them and show alot fo interest in the sport of quads. They will come around when they see that you are really that interested...

What he said sounds pretty good

nat3060
03-10-2003, 08:47 AM
if you have to pay half then you should be able to pick which one to get.

tell them if they want something everyone can use, then they can pay all of it.

Steve-o 400EX
03-10-2003, 09:06 AM
Yea these guys are hittin it right on, do as sparks 425 said and just keep showing them how interested you are in the atv world. Nat 3060 had a good idea of saying that if ur payin for half then you should be able to pick out the one you want. Just stay on them all the time and the'll come around. Show them how a rancher is not really a younger persons atv of choice. Tell em that the whole point of the idea was so you could get a 400ex, not a rancher. Just use this as an example, lets say you wanted a mustang cobra but then you came back with a minivan. See my point. If you are persistant, parents will give in, how do you think I got mine.:D ;)

DGR Designs
03-10-2003, 09:07 AM
dude, tha rancher is waaayyy better than teh bayou lol id be happy (even tho i have a 400 and a rancher) but get the rancher and pimp it out. we have ours piped and some other stuff and its not that bad. go electric shift.

Glow Plug
03-10-2003, 10:49 AM
thanks guy's i have been showing an intrest ing racing atv's forl ike 3 years :rolleyes: my parents think i drive fast on the bayou consider i never ride that thing pinned haha, i i want to start some sort of racing:D :D so i will have to work on my parents

FourFiftyFour
03-10-2003, 11:51 AM
if they are so stuck on gettin that quad then save up more money and buy a 400ex yourself.... or if u cant afford a new one just buy a used one.. i wanted a new quad and i couldnt afford it.. i bought a 16 yr old quad... im already needin more power and i could definitely do well with a 400ex but at least im on the track so anything is better than nothing... and i u end up gettin a utility quad.. do yourself a favor and dont get the ES or that automatic crap.... its worthless and doesnt work worth anything... manual is the way to go with quads

Glow Plug
03-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by 250xChick
if they are so stuck on gettin that quad then save up more money and buy a 400ex yourself.... or if u cant afford a new one just buy a used one.. i wanted a new quad and i couldnt afford it.. i bought a 16 yr old quad... im already needin more power and i could definitely do well with a 400ex but at least im on the track so anything is better than nothing... and i u end up gettin a utility quad.. do yourself a favor and dont get the ES or that automatic crap.... its worthless and doesnt work worth anything... manual is the way to go with quads

i would like to try and find something used where i live nobody sells anything i have only seen 1 used 400ex for sale in like 3 or 4 years so it HAS to be something new

flyin#5
03-10-2003, 02:41 PM
tell them that whatever atv they want to get is fine... but youll be jumping the atv of there choice just as high as you atv of choice:D so ask them how much they would like to pay for repairs every week..;)

Glow Plug
03-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
tell them that whatever atv they want to get is fine... but youll be jumping the atv of there choice just as high as you atv of choice:D so ask them how much they would like to pay for repairs every week..;)

haha my parents get mad when i "rev the *****" of my bayou when it's like not even pined :rolleyes:

flyin#5
03-10-2003, 02:53 PM
my mom always says i rev my 200 to high but i say "shut up you dont know what your talking about" then ride off. my dad never says any thing about my riding until he has to help me fix the quad... 3rd sprocket this year

Glow Plug
03-10-2003, 03:00 PM
haha my dad think's i've blown a rear shock on my bayou :D (i thikn anywaY) so he said i need to settle down on my rideing muhaha

Striker49
03-10-2003, 03:06 PM
I didnt read the rest of the posts so someone may have already said this...but if they do not want to pay for 1/2, then talk with them about getting a loan from them that you will pay them back for over time. Im trying to get my parents to do this but it isnt going to well.

Just an idea to ponder on.

I just checked local prices and 400ex's are goin for $4,450 OTD. :huh

Glow Plug
03-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Striker thanks for the idea i was planing to get a loan, but then i mom said that you will need a job to pay for that loanwhich is ture so i will have to try that loan idea :D but i don't thikn they will go for it, i was at the honda dealer ship the 400ex's were going for about 7000 (cdn) so yeah i am desperate, and i only have about 400 bucks to play with plus i hope to get about 2500 from my bayou then i will have about another 1500 saved by my next b'day :D , and i am trying to get a job this summer so it might work out who knows

QuAdRaCeR244
03-10-2003, 03:26 PM
My idea is just show your interest in the quad, tell them how great it is, and get them to go out and test ride it.:)

Leo
03-10-2003, 03:51 PM
If you can afford to pay half of a new 400EX, you should be able to get a used one yourself..

I've seen mint (and I mean mint) '01s going for $3200 or so lately in the paper.. even some '02s well under $4000..

(and I wonder why I can't sell mine.. sigh)

Leo

Steve-o 400EX
03-10-2003, 04:15 PM
Yea, leo's right, some used ones are goin for really diecent prices. Just shop around and you'll find one. Even if you have to do a little drivin to get it its worth it.;)

Glow Plug
03-10-2003, 06:17 PM
Yeah i would love to get a used ex but there are none to be sold :mad: i check the paper every day (pretty much ) and i on on canadatrader.com every week after they update it :( so it will have to be something sadly

Tex250EX
03-10-2003, 06:41 PM
I no how u feel cuz im trying to convince my mom to let me get a quad and it isnt easy! and i said i would even pay for it but im still trying! Don't give up cuz once u have it ull b having a lot of fun!

BassBunny26
03-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Well, personally I think that quads are for everyone to use! I mean why not? If i were you I'd sit down with your dad and try to talk things out. Explain that quads are somethign the entire family can ride it. And if he's worried about safety, explain all the safetly gear you can get. Prove to him you'd be responsible with it and he won't have to worry about paying for any extras or anything. I think after a long talk and assurement, he'll give in. :rolleyes: good luck! :devil

toby400ex
03-14-2003, 01:53 PM
kick em in they bloody nutz and be like, eh shutup:macho

BassBunny26
03-14-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
kick em in they bloody nutz and be like, eh shutup:macho

hehe i Bloody agree! :rolleyes:

Glow Plug
03-14-2003, 02:15 PM
you guy's trying to sound english or some thing lol

toby400ex
03-14-2003, 02:54 PM
I dont sound bloody british, blooody bloody bloody, bugger, buggerity. Im gonna go drink some tea and drive my mini cooper now. While watching junk yard wars on the bbc:eek2:

Glow Plug
03-14-2003, 03:01 PM
lmao pretty good mate haha, go and watch your booldy bbc and drink your bloodly tea in your flipping mini cooper, I will be down at the coner pub having a pint with my mates so sod off Lmao:)

deathman53
03-14-2003, 03:46 PM
explain to them that quads can be enjoyed by the family and that IT WILL KEEP YOU OUT OF TROUBLE. Ask them what they would rather have you do A: hang out with your friends, which eventually leads to getting in trouble, drugs, etc B: play video games all day(which people say rots your brain and makes you lazy) C: ride your quad, enjoy yourself, not get in trouble(as long as you are riding legally), stay in shape and plus quads are very time consuming(again keeps you out of trouble). After that convince them that with safety gear it will greatly minimize the chance of getting hurt. If they still don't buy it, offer to take a safety course( I know they are stupid and dumb, but any bit of coaxing is worth it). Before I got into qauds I did ALOT of drugs and drinking, after I reallly got into it I lost interest in drugs(my parents are very gratefull, although at first they hated the idea of me getting a quad).

Glow Plug
03-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by deathman53
explain to them that quads can be enjoyed by the family and that IT WILL KEEP YOU OUT OF TROUBLE. Ask them what they would rather have you do A: hang out with your friends, which eventually leads to getting in trouble, drugs, etc B: play video games all day(which people say rots your brain and makes you lazy) C: ride your quad, enjoy yourself, not get in trouble(as long as you are riding legally), stay in shape and plus quads are very time consuming(again keeps you out of trouble). After that convince them that with safety gear it will greatly minimize the chance of getting hurt. If they still don't buy it, offer to take a safety course( I know they are stupid and dumb, but any bit of coaxing is worth it). Before I got into qauds I did ALOT of drugs and drinking, after I reallly got into it I lost interest in drugs(my parents are very gratefull, although at first they hated the idea of me getting a quad).

thanks for the help deathman, i'm not really into drinking and drugs and sh*t like that so i dought my parents will go for it, but it's worth a try

CHAUNCY
03-15-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by deathman53

What he said sounds pretty good. I would try that. Just show alot of interest and look at pictures online when they are in the room so they can see that you show interest in it.

Glow Plug
03-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
What he said sounds pretty good. I would try that. Just show alot of interest and look at pictures online when they are in the room so they can see that you show interest in it.

dont' worrie i do that enough already i will always leave my dirt wheels or atv action open with a page that has a 400ex or a sport shoot out in the middle of the table of yeah did i manson i do it by "accident" ;)

CHAUNCY
03-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Brit220
dont' worrie i do that enough already i will always leave my dirt wheels or atv action open with a page that has a 400ex or a sport shoot out in the middle of the table of yeah did i manson i do it by "accident" ;)

LOL:p
I thought you would of already thought of that.

hessianmx111
03-15-2003, 12:22 PM
when i wanted my dirtbike i just begged and begged and always talked about it, kept buying cycle traders and telling them about prices and when we would go to the dealer i would sit on one the whole time. then one day we were going into town and they said we were just going to look and the next thing you know i had a brand new kx100 in the back of the truck

CHAUNCY
03-15-2003, 12:28 PM
Hey mx111
What site did you get your icon from ???

hessianmx111
03-15-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
Hey mx111
What site did you get your icon from ???
some kid on the supercross.com boards had it so i used it for here your welcome to use it if ya want

CHAUNCY
03-15-2003, 12:33 PM
Can I use it for AIM ???
How would I go about saving it so you could still see all the action ???

hessianmx111
03-15-2003, 12:38 PM
just right click and save picture it should still move just click the one i put in my post. use it wherever you want except here and fmtx.com those are mine:blah

CHAUNCY
03-15-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
just right click and save picture it should still move just click the one i put in my post. use it wherever you want except here and fmtx.com those are mine:blah

LOL
How you like you kx100, I got an 01 and it I like mine.

hessianmx111
03-15-2003, 12:50 PM
i likey alot:blah :blah :blah :blah plenty of torque

CHAUNCY
03-15-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
i likey alot:blah :blah :blah :blah plenty of torque

Hey, My sst pipe added some decent torque to it. Alot more peppy now with a pipe.

250rmike
03-15-2003, 01:51 PM
why dont you tell them to keep the bayou and get a 400

Steve-o 400EX
03-16-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by 250rmike

Good idea.;)

Glow Plug
03-16-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by 250rmike

well i kind'a need that cash to put to wards a 400ex so i don't have to take out a loan :o

BrooKLyN400EX
03-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Bro listen just pay for it yourself...thats the way to go believe me cuz then there are no hang ups about who's quad it is and theey'll never bother u