PDA

View Full Version : WTB axle

86Rrider
09-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Hey guys, I seized up the axle bearings and worn a bad groove in the axle (bearing race surface area) as well as the sprocket hub where the seal rides. So I am in need of a sprocket hub and probably an axle, unless anyone can confirm that the groove will not affect anything. I was looking at purchasing a billet bearing carrier as well, for the sprocket side of that broke as well.

If anyone has these items and willing to part with them, please post here or PM me. I'll be checking here regularly for I need to get these parts soon, for I have a ride planned for Sept. 21 ~ 23.

Thanks!

86Rrider
09-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Sorry, I forgot, I'm looking for a stock width axle. I'll take a stock or afterarket, if price is not too high.

Honda5
09-06-2012, 06:37 AM
I have a few in storage left from some mx builds what kind of price would you be looking to spend on a good shape axle (i dont want to spend time to get it and take pictures and get some silly offer)? and I'm sure I have a hub also.
thanks dave

86Rrider
09-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Dave (Honda5)- I would be looking to spend $100 or less on a stock axle and about $200 for a used aftermarket. Depending on what you have, as well as the sprocket hub, I am willing to negotiate price and shipping.

Also, I have another member from Michigan that e-mailed me and he is digging around to see what he has left.

Thanks for the replies! This site is awsome for finding parts!

Honda5
09-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Those prices are just what I was thinking. I know I have a stock one I was saving for a restoration because it was in nice shape. I will see what I can dig up Saturday morning. I might have a rpm also I'll have to check

86Rrider
09-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Dave- OK here is what I have going now- one of my riding buddy's has shipped me a Dura-Blue axle as a "loaner" for our up-coming ride in Kentucky. Then jamieg45 has a fresh-rebuilt, greasable bearing carrier that I am going to go and pick up from him on Sunday. He also has a stock axle that he is selling me for $25. So, please hold onto your stock axle that is in good enough shape for a resto project. However, please look for your possible RPM axle, I would be interested in buying that. I can return the Dura-Blue to my buddy and possibly put the RPM in from you. That would leave me plenty of time to see about getting my aftermarket axle repaired. I'm only going to try that because I have no idea who made the axle, but it is needed for my Sno-Traxx kit to be installed on my quad.

Again, thank you for looking.

Keith