PDA

View Full Version : New Rear End Installed!

AtvKid4Eva
09-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Hey Guys,

I finally got around to updating the rear end on my 05' 450. I went with a 06+ swingarm, LSR DC-6 Link and a Custom Axis Shock. The Swingarm is PC'd a stealth black. Custom axis has been great with getting me all my shokcs built quickly. Their quality is second to none and the finished product is a work of art! I used a FOX rear resevoir mount to mount the rezzie and i think it all turned out great. Havent gotten to ride it yet, but it feels very smooth. Here are some pics. Enjoy!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/atvkid4eva/photo4-12.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/atvkid4eva/photo1-16.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/atvkid4eva/photo4-11.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/atvkid4eva/photo2-17.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/atvkid4eva/photo5-7.jpg

Balaz_73*00
09-05-2012, 07:07 AM
I run the same setup on my 05. I love it. I've ran a PEP and now a Fox due to sponsorshp. You won't be disappointed

AtvKid4Eva
09-05-2012, 07:13 AM
good to hear. It seemed to be the most cost effecttive option with the best results.

sameltoe
09-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Looks good! Bet it rides soo much better also!

Where dis you get the ressi holder at? And could you tell me if the mounting holes would would be wide enough for 2 1/8 mounts?

AtvKid4Eva
09-05-2012, 09:53 AM
The rezzie holder is from FOX its what you get when you buy one of their podium x rears. The fox can is pretty big in diameter so im sure any shock bottle will fit in it.

sameltoe
09-05-2012, 10:58 AM
I meant the mounting holes on the sub-frame. I have a pep one on my 450. But I'm trying to find one for my 250r arens frame...

AtvKid4Eva
09-05-2012, 11:10 AM
oh, im not sure. They are slots so they do have some adjustment.

fandl450r
09-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Looks really good!

AtvKid4Eva
09-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks man!

Pittsburgh400ex
09-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Looks tight man. Makes me want to restore mine, probably will. It's an 05 and in need of some cosmetic tlc. Is that a durablue antifade hub on there?

AtvKid4Eva
09-08-2012, 02:35 PM
its a RAD locknut with a LSR axle. Works good for the price. I debated getting an anti fade hub, but this locknut works just as good for around $50.

Pittsburgh400ex
09-08-2012, 03:34 PM
hmm okay, i'll check them out. I ordered jsut a durablue locknut for my 400 axle and returned it immediately, put the stock parts back on and wrapped it with electrical tape. that nut didn't look like it would take any abuse to me. i like that matte color on your swinger, got my thinking now lol, might have to give houser a call.

Stickman400
09-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Pittsburgh400ex
hmm okay, i'll check them out. I ordered jsut a durablue locknut for my 400 axle and returned it immediately, put the stock parts back on and wrapped it with electrical tape. that nut didn't look like it would take any abuse to me. i like that matte color on your swinger, got my thinking now lol, might have to give houser a call. Yea, the Durablue locknuts aren't worth a ****, I had one and it was no better than the stock setup. It may have even been worse somehow. Their brake hub/locknut on the other hand is badass and one of the best upgrades that I can think of. It makes the whole rear end look cleaner, it's much easier to adjust and keep tightened and it also acts as a heat sink and helps your brakes last alittle longer.

Pittsburgh400ex
09-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Do you like the LSR axle? When i do go into restoring this thing it'll be all-out, like anything else i do. Been looking at axles off and on for a while. Durablues look alright but man they seem way too expensive for what they do. Lonestar is pretty reasonable in price. I have their carrier and love it.

Lquad71
09-08-2012, 08:26 PM
im not sure about other axles but lonestar also has a lifetime warranty if you bend it. I personally havent bent one myself since ive made the switch to lonestar.

CJM
09-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Honestly I feel lonestar, durablue, etc are kinda a waste of money unless your gonna be hardcore racing all the time.

FWIW I had a g-force (now tusk) axle and it never let me down or anything. I only got rid of it b/c I dont need an item like that for woods racing with my buddies.

Stickman400
09-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Don't go Durablue. They try to straighten axles before they have to give you a new one. When I slightly tweaked my 400s axle I sent it to them and they tried straighthening it and it took them nearly 2 months before I got it back and they didn't even do anything to it, it was still just as bent as the day I sent it to them.

If I get a new axle I'm going with an RPM Dominator II. I would go Tusk but I would rather have a stronger axle that won't bend then have one that's slithly weaker and I'll constantly be sending it back for a new one. I'm hard on axles so that would happening alot. My friend bought a Tusk for his 450R and he came up short on a tiny little 15ft. double at my house and bent it the same week he got it. And he wasn't more than 1 or 2 feet off the ground, it was pretty patehtic. And then the LSRs are nice (and I actually have one on my 450R now that's slightly bent) but the chrome on them flakes off too easy and makes the bike look like ****. I know it's not that big of a deal but if I'm spending $300+ on an axle I want it to perform and look good.