PDA

View Full Version : WB E Series full exhaust

01 400EXer
09-04-2012, 12:30 PM
If anyone would be interested,I have a WB E Series full exhaust in great condition if anyone would be interested in it. It does come complete with all 12 tuning discs. I am looking to get $200 shipped for it.

01 400EXer
09-04-2012, 07:01 PM
pic 1

01 400EXer
09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
pic 2

cheater13
09-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Throw a price out there so we know how much that thing is!

01 400EXer
09-04-2012, 08:00 PM
price added

it is not in perfect shape but it is in pretty darn good shape.

01 400EXer
09-07-2012, 07:51 AM
throw out some offers and we can go from there.

Pittsburgh400ex
09-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Man that thing is clean, dont think it can be any newer than '03. It was probably one of, if not the best exhaust for a 400 back then. I had it one on my 400 in '99 and loved it. Lasted me 10 years or so then the inlet side of the silencer rusted out and replaced it with a sparks. If i needed an exhaust i'd snag it for 200 no problem. Can't find them anymore, WB was bought out by vance and hines.

duneslider
09-08-2012, 11:38 PM
I might be interested, what kind of power difference would be seen between just an e-series silencer and the full system?

I am basically stock, I do have a k&N and will be putting on a 450r carb soon. No other real plans right now, I have considered a cam but may just wait until I need a do a top end and do it then. Will I even really notice a difference with a full exhaust?

Pittsburgh400ex
09-09-2012, 10:36 AM
The effect is minimal at best i'd say. But for 200 bucks...get the header lol. Stock is a little more restricted, but cant be much. I know with smaller diameter mufflers you will gain a little more bottom, bigger cores typically mean more topend charge. Not sure if that's the standard on header tubes or not.
People have ground elds on their stockers for better flow, i'm not one of them.
When i had my white brothers, they only made the silencer. The header wasn't available when i bought the kit and they WB would NOT sell me only a header tube...spent time on the phone with them and told me i had to buy a complete exhaust. I couldn't believe that.
Personally i'd buy and install a header with any pipe. It;s more expensive but i like going "big" on almost anything i do when it comes to quads, cars, trucks, etc.

HondaRacing83
09-09-2012, 11:32 AM
i got a buddy ill talk too, this could be sold

01 400EXer
09-09-2012, 08:55 PM
The exhaust starts out about the same size as the stocker but when it goes from 2 to 1 pipe there is a noticeable size difference in the pipe size over the stocker. Just let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!

duneslider
09-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Pittsburgh

Just so you know, the head pipe won't work with a regular slip on. That's why they wouldn't sell it to you. The back muffler part of the full exhaust won't work with a stock head pipe either. I am not certain why exactly but they are made to go together. I assume lengths and diameters are different.

01 400EXer
09-10-2012, 07:52 AM
That is exactly correct, you can't use just one or the other, it has to be used together.

Originally posted by duneslider
Pittsburgh

Just so you know, the head pipe won't work with a regular slip on. That's why they wouldn't sell it to you. The back muffler part of the full exhaust won't work with a stock head pipe either. I am not certain why exactly but they are made to go together. I assume lengths and diameters are different.

Pittsburgh400ex
09-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Thats news to me lol. This was back in 1999, maybe they did tell me that and i just dont remember. Either way, doesnt make a whole lot of sense.
Anyway someone asked about just getting the muffler not a header, for this system on here for 200$ i would find it foolish not to jump on it if your looking for a quality.exhaust.

01 400EXer
09-17-2012, 02:16 PM
anyone interested????

ben300
09-17-2012, 07:58 PM
how is it performance wise...is it better than current pipes...worse?...similar?

im running an hmf performance series slip on...would like to get the head pipe for it when i do my rebuild this winter....

just keeping my options open and would like to know

(edit: i understand this wont work with my hmf...im jsut asking about this pipe and header specifically)

Pittsburgh400ex
09-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Well i never just changed pipes on mine. It ran good with the WB, runs great with sparks. But i did motor work and cam st the same time.
I would have to rate it at LEAST the same as FMF, personally, probably better. Back then there werent many options. For 200$ its a steal man. Very throaty, not ear piercing like my sparks is now.
I have had 2 HMF pipes on a 650 rincon and what garbage. The endcap literally blew off completely and the guts are along the ridge on my trails here somewhere lol. Did this twice to me.
But whatever, some people have great luck and swear by them.

ben300
09-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Pittsburgh400ex
Well i never just changed pipes on mine. It ran good with the WB, runs great with sparks. But i did motor work and cam st the same time.
I would have to rate it at LEAST the same as FMF, personally, probably better. Back then there werent many options. For 200$ its a steal man. Very throaty, not ear piercing like my sparks is now.
I have had 2 HMF pipes on a 650 rincon and what garbage. The endcap literally blew off completely and the guts are along the ridge on my trails here somewhere lol. Did this twice to me.
But whatever, some people have great luck and swear by them.

as a mechanical engineer...through my judgment, it would be pretty hard for hte end cap on my hmf to blow off......

Pittsburgh400ex
09-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Yours may be a bit differemt. don't know. I had the quiet core insert in mine and the flange welded to the tube broke off at the weld. Next thing i knew it sounded like someone pulled the whole muffler off the header end. Pulled over got off and loooked at it. The 3 aluminum hex bolts were sheared off inside the threads of the silencer and the end cap was nowhere to be found. All that was there was the outer aluminum casing and the inner 1-1/2" - 2" "core" i guess you'd call it. The part the packing wraps around, kinda looks like fine wire lathe. I know it sounds like a story but that's what happened.
Oh i lied i guess, I had one do that on my Rincon, the other one was on my Rubicon, did the exact same thing.
I'm glad your's works man, lol. They aren't cheap systems. That said my riding bud has an HMF on his raptor that's around 3 years old, not a thing wrong with it.

ben300
09-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Pittsburgh400ex
Yours may be a bit differemt. don't know. I had the quiet core insert in mine and the flange welded to the tube broke off at the weld. Next thing i knew it sounded like someone pulled the whole muffler off the header end. Pulled over got off and loooked at it. The 3 aluminum hex bolts were sheared off inside the threads of the silencer and the end cap was nowhere to be found. All that was there was the outer aluminum casing and the inner 1-1/2" - 2" "core" i guess you'd call it. The part the packing wraps around, kinda looks like fine wire lathe. I know it sounds like a story but that's what happened.
Oh i lied i guess, I had one do that on my Rincon, the other one was on my Rubicon, did the exact same thing.
I'm glad your's works man, lol. They aren't cheap systems. That said my riding bud has an HMF on his raptor that's around 3 years old, not a thing wrong with it.

its hit or miss, i can see how that can happen if you have teh quiet core in yours. i think if you also over torque the cap screws that come with the exhaust, they probably would have a tendency to back themselvs out over time. i loctited mine so.

im happy with the exhaust..i got the slip $100 off msrp because it had a manufacturing weld defect with one of hte mounting tabs. was easy to fix and has yet to cuase a problem. hell of a lot nicer than the DG that i had on before it

honestly, i cant justify spending the money on a sparks a tc or similar exhaust, even after i do my 11:1 hi comp motor rebuild..with a 400, i dont know if the performance gains would be enough to justify nearly $600 for one of those exhausts

Pittsburgh400ex
09-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Yea they arent cheap man. And anything is better than those old DG pipes lol. I had the "Krome" one on a 1996 300ex and really all it did was make noise lol. Have a powercore 4 on it now and its miles apart in performance and quality. The DG started rusting and after that the plating just fell away.

dxcody
09-19-2012, 08:55 AM
I also had the Krome DG... Looked good.
Sounded like a freaking open header...

01 400EXer
10-01-2012, 08:34 AM
any offers?

01 400EXer
10-09-2012, 02:01 PM
$175 shipped