PDA

View Full Version : Drr vs cobra

brysn424
09-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Hey guys. Next yr we will be racing district races. I am wanting some input as to what I should buy. We will bee in the 50 production class. (only 50 class). I'm debating buying 2 new drrs or 2 used cobras? Any body got any opinions?

nastynotchback1
09-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I would go the cobra route myself but we like our drr's also.

brysn424
09-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks nasty. In d13 cobras and the drrs run together. I didn't add that to the post. And I also have his kasea 50 if we wanted race somewhere that didn't allow cobras.

nutech
09-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Is district 13 still running Quads for next year? Also check what tracks are still allowing quads.

brysn424
09-04-2012, 04:22 PM
As far as I know they are. They've cut them back to 9 races this yr. I've heard rumors to. But who knows. Still gonna race regardless. Maybe see u guys at a few nats

desratt
09-04-2012, 06:54 PM
We've raced both and I think the cobra is a much better option. But be sure your getting a good deal and not some hammered ones.

09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Cobras are the better route. Geometry on the frames is one off and I'd say way better. But they cost so darn much and the same with parts. We have drr's and they do just fine in production classes and the quads and parts are way cheaper in price. We only run against a couple Cobras and the rest is cvt's. So win at the track and in need of a part almost every time some one has one. Win the cobra dads need a part I see them walking around and scratching there head wishing there were more Cobra dads around....

brysn424
09-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Are the drrs competitive with the cobras?

09-04-2012, 08:47 PM
If you build them right and your kids understands racing, then they are. It's all in how you build them and yes getting the hole shot and staying out front always wins the race!!!!! We run hard against the 70's and stay right with the 90's. I love ballen on budget with minimal sponsors and seeing the cobra dads with big name sponsors wonder what happened. Pm for trick's to the cvt's for all the power you can get with out putting mass money out.. Water cooled or air I know them both very good and have learned lots threw the years from hands on and other dad's....

Thanks to 2012 sponsor's and any that help us in the wonderful Pacific NW...

desratt
09-05-2012, 02:52 PM
we had built drr's and now built cobra's. in the end run the drr's cost significantly more.. and more trouble. don't get me wrong I am planning on starting my daughter on a drr in the spring and keep my son on the cobra's. then she will move to a cobra in a few years.. that is the plan right now. may change tomorrow