PDA

View Full Version : Im looking at getting an Iphone4 for Sprint, any help?

backwoodsracer
09-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Ive been using a droid for the past year and a half (had a blackberry for 2 months) and I am fed up with it.(I currently have a Kyocera Echo) All my friends with Iphone's Don't seem to have any problems with theirs. Is there anything I need to look out for? Anyone looking to sell one?

Kickstarts-suck
09-03-2012, 06:10 PM
I went through like 4 droids and got my iphone 4s 2 months ago. I love it. No issues so far *knocks on wood*

I have it on verizon though and they pissed me off and said my unlimited data can not be used anymore.... :mad:

I personally would get an iPhone used and run a straight talk sim card for $45 a month 100% unlimited everything.

Done with these ripoff cell phone companies.

sexysilverado45
09-03-2012, 06:25 PM
what droid did you have? I wouldn't get the iphone 4 because the Iphone 5 will be coming out here shortly. However, the iphone 5 may not be out long cause samsung has already said they will be taking them to court of 4g patents and possibly others.

Did you try out the evo 4g or galaxy s3 light years ahead of the 4s and their still on 4.0(ice cream sandwich.) There suposed to be getting the 4.1(jelly bean here soon.) they are so fluid and fast plus have 4g. The s3 has nfc,face unlock, and with 4.1 will have google now 100x smarter that siri.

just saying look around and broaden your choices. don't give apple any money until your dead set. They are trying to create a monopoly threw litigation ever since samsung took over the market share.

I mean seriously who else in the world can patent a black rectangular shape with rounded cornes.

backwoodsracer
09-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
what droid did you have? I wouldn't get the iphone 4 because the Iphone 5 will be coming out here shortly. However, the iphone 5 may not be out long cause samsung has already said they will be taking them to court of 4g patents and possibly others.

Did you try out the evo 4g or galaxy s3 light years ahead of the 4s and their still on 4.0(ice cream sandwich.) There suposed to be getting the 4.1(jelly bean here soon.) they are so fluid and fast plus have 4g. The s3 has nfc,face unlock, and with 4.1 will have google now 100x smarter that siri.

just saying look around and broaden your choices. don't give apple any money until your dead set. They are trying to create a monopoly threw litigation ever since samsung took over the market share.

I mean seriously who else in the world can patent a black rectangular shape with rounded cornes.

both my droids started out fast but after 1 or 2 months they all slowed and started "force closing" like crazy (im on my 3rd droid phone) and the it always wants to freeze up when opening, the screen flashs on and off during calls making hanging up a pain, i've just lost a lot of faith in the droid set up.

sexysilverado45
09-03-2012, 07:45 PM
like the og droid? It has been said the 4.0 update is the biggest upgrade ever on android. I was running honey comb i thin its 3.2 on my galaxy tab 10.1 and got the 4.0 update last week and it is fast even with its sub par specs. I went from a rooted htc incredible on 2.1 and overclocked to my s3 and i was blown away. you cant even tell your multi tasking with a 1.5ghz processor and 2gb of ram. If your store has an s3 demo i would suggest trying it out. not to mention 720 amoled hd screen. also has 8mp rear and i think 2or 3 front with 1080 recording. the camera has alot of enhancements its a great phone. but i don't wanna talk you out of an iphone if thats what you really want. I just don't like the way apple has conducted them selves in the past year. and by saying they innovate by stealing stuff from android and other companies such as(drop down bar on android since 1.5,siri(google voice), (ive heard ios6 will have face unlock.) try looking at iphone forums and android forums like (9to5mac-phandroid) and base your decsions on information from those sites.

(remember there will be alot of post like my iphone/android is not doing this or its acting up like this. because those are places people go to get help. There will also be post where people went from the iphone to s3,evo 4 or unbiased reviews of the iphone vs s3,evo4.

backwoodsracer
09-03-2012, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sexysilverado45

I have no issue with getting something other than Iphone , I just have not managed to find a Droid with good reviews at a reasonable price, (price is a keyFactor here.) I can get and Iphone for around $250 on craigslist,

ben300
09-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by backwoodsracer
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sexysilverado45

I have no issue with getting something other than Iphone , I just have not managed to find a Droid with good reviews at a reasonable price, (price is a keyFactor here.) I can get and Iphone for around $250 on craigslist,

all mentioned above is great info...way more than what i konw..

what i do know is i had two differnt droids, loved them when i first got them, but after about 6-8 months and an OS update on each, they just go to **** in my opinion..thats why i switched to the I4s......its definitely not as flash as the new droids or has as big of a screen, but it definitely in terms of simplicity and error free running is fantastic.....knock on wood, im a couple months shy of a year now with my 4s and it still runs great...i ahve 3500 songs, 60+ videos on it, 900 somethin pics and use it constantly and it is just fine..

like i said, it isnt fancy as the droids.....and siri really sucks (the commercials are missleading), but its better than google voice any day of the week...

id suggest and reccommend it to anyone...i got my dad to get one and he's as techology imcompitent as it gets, and my brother recently switched to the 4s from teh htc evo.....

the only ohter thing i rommend...droid, iphone, rotary dial phone, carrier pigeon, what ever.....get the good otter box.....i didnt have them for my droids and they got BEEEAAAAAATTTT!!! ive had one on my 4s since the day i got it and the phone still looks brand new when i take it out of the otter box.....i even dropped my phone in the river the first day of trout this past spring, fully summerged like two feet under, for probalby 10 seconds...and nothign happened to it.......get the otter box

OldGuyonaQuad
09-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I had two droids prior to this 4s and even though I was told I would want my droid back it's not at all the case. Speaking of case, Ben is spot on Otter 4tw.

I am on Verizon but my wife and kids are sprint. Sprint's everything plan is the only reason I stay with them for the family. The free mobile to mobile, unlimited text and unlimited internet has helped to keep my blood pressure in check during the billing period. ;)

I did just read that Ip5 might be out next week even though the norm has been a 60 day announcement.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Samsung lawsuit they will get paid I'm sure.

So far we are all very happy with the 4s but Siri isn't at all what Samuel Jackson and Ellen DeGeneres makes her out to be ;) The voice to text option is nice (when it works).

If you do get the iphone sign up for the free class sponsored by apple.

rf928
09-05-2012, 08:21 AM
iPhone 5 will be ANNOUNCED September 15. iOS 6 will be announced around there too.

I don't want to predict what will happen. I know it will definatly have some nice improvements, as well as a ridiculous screen resolution that will blow you away.

Samsung won't have a case against them, or not as big of one to take it off the market. Apple patented the proper face unlock, such as ears, eyes, nose position, and skin shade.

If I were you, I would wait just to see what's next. Might hurt you to get an iPhone 4S (don't even think of a 4) so just wait and see..... I honestly have no clue what will happen.

sexysilverado45
09-05-2012, 12:48 PM
I don't know apple has had several injunctions against Samsung and HTC phones for such miniscule things such as search functions. Crazy with Google being the largest search engine that apple could pull that off. Also I don't remember face unlock being what Samsung's going after that is an android os function built in by Google. Its 4g patents that Samsung and Google/Motorola have that could put apple in a hole. Also this company could have a huge impact on how many are produced( phandroid.com/2012/09/05/android-powered-iphone-5-manufacturer-warns-apple-theyll-sue-if-next-iphone-resembles-their-design/ ).
This is kind of a crock, but apple started the litigation first and this Chinese company sees the possibility of a big pay day.

Motorola announced their new razor line today that will be as close to vanilla android as possible without it being a nexus device. 27Hrs o. Battery life along with hd display and 32GB of storage.

If your set on an iPhone though I would wait for the 5I if feasible price wise.

bbender85
09-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by rf928
Might hurt you to get an iPhone 4S (don't even think of a 4)

do explain? i bought the 4 the end of june, couldnt justify another $100 for the S (processor upgrade and Siri, which as everyone says i'm sure i'm not missing out on).

no regrets here...

rf928
09-05-2012, 02:06 PM
yea but why buy a 2 generation old phone? Old technology is what everyone doesn't want. Apple slowly takes it off the list of things available.

@sexysilverado45
4G is carriers thing. Samsung shouldn't be able to patent something that isn't their business. They aren't a SP

To sum this topic up, just be patient. Could be pretty cool, or even cooler.

bbender85
09-05-2012, 02:16 PM
yea but why buy a 2 generation old phone? Old technology is what everyone doesn't want.

if it does what i want, why not? before this i had a flip phone, lmao. besides i have other bills to pay.

if you can wait for the 5, i say do it... be it to quench your thirst of having the latest and greatest, or getting "old technology" for even cheaper as said before.

rf928
09-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Yes I agree on it :)

sexysilverado45
09-05-2012, 03:16 PM

@sexysilverado45
4G is carriers thing. Samsung shouldn't be able to patent something that isn't their business. They aren't a SP

I do believe your wrong. they exynos(sp) processor in the iphone has to be compatible with the 4g/lte network. Samsung as far as I know up to last month was the only chipset manufacture to have the ability to have a quad core chip that works with 4g/lte. Guess who builds apples chips? Samsung

All I know is they hold 800+ patents some of which are key to 4g and chips working together. Apple has 434.

Heres an article on why samsung has a casehttp://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/09/sorry-apple-samsung-is-winning-the-4g-war/ (http://http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/09/sorry-apple-samsung-is-winning-the-4g-war/)

Neither should apple be able to patent a black rectangle with rounded corners?

Ruby Soho
09-05-2012, 04:08 PM
i just had to order a new phone today. had the original droid since january 11' it finally lost it the past 2 days. the screen would just pick random apps and scroll up and down rapidly and i couldnt stop it. the on/off button was also broken so the only way to turn it back on was plugging in a charger.

so i upgraded to the iphone 4s

ben300
09-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
i just had to order a new phone today. had the original droid since january 11' it finally lost it the past 2 days. the screen would just pick random apps and scroll up and down rapidly and i couldnt stop it. the on/off button was also broken so the only way to turn it back on was plugging in a charger.

so i upgraded to the iphone 4s

I had the original dorid and upgraded to the 4s as well. you will be very happy with your purchase!

TGW_400ex
09-06-2012, 12:12 PM
I have found that everyone that puts down the iPhone has never had one, on the other hand most people who have the iPhone have had a Android phone before. Coincidence? I think not. The iPhone is so simple to use and I have only heard of one person from my area having problems with one (speakers quit working) other than that I have never met a person that wants to go back.

sexysilverado45
09-06-2012, 01:31 PM
I hate to turn someones thread asking for advice into an arguing thread. Your right I have never owned and iphone. Whilst 3 of the 5 people in my family do. I've said multiple times in this thread that I don't like their business "ethics." They are a company founded on a stolen name, yet complain about other's "stealing" their "innovations." They once said they would never become another microsoft(suing every other company.) They use YOUR money that THEY don't pay taxes on to try to create a monopoly. Sure their U.I is simple thats what makes it a good phone but it has been the same thing for years yet they claim to be innovative. They also have more app crashes than android so its definitely not the smooth or most reliable anymore
. With most new android phones getting at least 12-14 ish hrs of batter life on a huge screen there is another area where apple has failed to innovate. Hell the maxx gets 24hrs, and I've gotten 22hrs-1+ on a regular basis.

Your right though the iphone is a great phone for some, but also not enough for others. After my brother saw my phone he said his next phone would be a droid(4s owner) also the internet has quite a few blogs of people switching because they are tired of the same old U.I and there is also stories of people switching to the iphone. I think once you own 3 iphones you start to think man I'm really overpaying for something that has changed very little why am i doing this.

Here is the info for app crashes
http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2012/02/02/does-ios-crash-more-than-android-a-data-dive/ (http://http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2012/02/02/does-ios-crash-more-than-android-a-data-dive/)