PDA

View Full Version : Parts

flooringit
09-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Ok so my kid sank his apex and hydro locked motor. I only had it 2 days. Took it apart to rebuild I put in new crank and put on both base gaskets that came in kit to try and raise port timing. Apparently that's too much port timing. So I ordered a new top end gasket kit. But the tranny was empty cause the gasket was no good I put in sealant 5 times never worked so I'm looking for the tranny cover gasket and no where to be found. Where do i get parts? I need all the seal back there and new chain. Might as well put in new motor Mount bushings also. But I've searched all the sites. No one has them listed where do I get parts?
Also how much base gasket do guys usually use? I matched the exhaust stuff up on the flange. Cleaned up the intake. Prolly get a trackside pipe eventually. Kid doesn't race but I take him to the dunes alot

121dad
09-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Hetrick Racing 814 676 0477
Maximum RPM
Or G-force

flooringit
09-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Apparently they don't list parts online? I've looked at all of them.

mmsoup
09-03-2012, 05:24 PM
g-forcepowersports.com
Spell it that way with the dash.....

Click on miniquad parts

Click on DRR

Click on OEM parts

Go to section you want

You can get the transmission gasket there as well as any other part you need. Motor parts are interchangeable between Apex and DRR by the way.

Then call Gary (G-Force) and tell him what thickness you need on the base gasket. He has Cometic gaskets in a variety of thicknesses.

Timings are tough to play with by adjusting base gaskets on these cylinders....go for 25 thousandths squish band clearance using whatever base gasket allows you to get there. If you have the time and tools you can hog the exhaust port out and pick up a bit of performance, especially with a Trackside. We run ours around 30K but different cylinder/stroke/performance envelope than stock.

flooringit
09-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Well when I put the double gasket on it had .080 squish so i had the cylinder shaved to get it to .045. So I'm guessing I need a .020 gasket to get. It's really silly it had .070 squish before I touched it. Not really hi perfomermance if you ask me
By the exhaust you mean the center port opening wider and less egg shaped? Was thinking it would be nice but I haven't touché a apex before. I use to work on my own sled motors

09-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I run a 0.40 or 0.38 on squish test, never had a problem and all my boys cvt's run hard and fast. I have tons of base shims and lots of tranny gaskets. But ya call Gary at G-Force and he will tell you and sale you all you need... Pm me for his number....

selbygirl
09-04-2012, 10:15 AM
contact marc at www.miniquadsracing.com or google hotquads . they have parts and some good techt help they dont give you the run around , best contact is by email