PDA

View Full Version : 70cc 2Fast engines - first impression!

hotquads1
09-03-2012, 07:15 AM
The first couple of 2Fast 70cc engines have been built and are currently being put to the test in the dirt, our initial feedback is very good and we are looking forward to see how they stack up when gated beside some r/t's and evo-4's. Rich @ Hetricks has also been working with the new kit, maybe he can give us some feedback soon and let us know how it performs on the dyno as well.

Hetrick Racing
09-05-2012, 06:49 AM
18+ YESTERDAY full race motor
Not quite happy but very close

As a kit build I am completely satisfied bolt together 15+

JONATHANSANDERS
09-05-2012, 06:57 AM
How do these numbers compare to the stage 6 Rt70 both kit and full race versions.

LT80
09-05-2012, 07:19 AM
What rpm's ya hitting?

nastynotchback1
09-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Hetrick Racing
18+ YESTERDAY full race motor
Not quite happy but very close

As a kit build I am completely satisfied bolt together 15+

18+ is no better than the r/t or evo-4 at peak power.What does the power curve look like between the 3?

#404's Dad
09-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I gotta agree, the numbers so far are no better than a good R/T, But numbers are not everything, I too would be interested in seeing some curves all though none of this will matter, the story will be told at round one when the gate drops.

Reason I say that is our old Malossi MHR 70 lays down a very similar curve but a little less power but is nowhere near the R/T on the track! Acceleration rate, speed vs time thats where its at imo.

I'm so glad Trevor is done racing 70 CVTs lol.

nastynotchback1
09-05-2012, 11:25 AM
If things go as planned we will be practicing at Aonia with a new 2fast 70cc this weekend but we are now running a 2 fast 90 so it will still be hard to compare.I will do some lap times on the 70cc and see how they compare to the lap times of cvt70 this year.

Hetrick Racing
09-06-2012, 09:02 AM
the time of acceleration of the 2fast 70 are at this point is dominate against any other 70 I have had on the drum

we have reached a significantly higher number of hp as of today

my testing is not complete

Every new motor has its goods and bads
I have not seen to much as far as the bad goes, but I will be doing the temp and fuel next week
All my testing thus far has been done with c12
27-29 bars
30 to40% humidity
72 to 80deg
engine temp at 175
latest rpm 14,800 max power at 14,200

hotquads1
09-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback Rich (great data), that is consistent with our real world findings also. In a 200' drag race the 2fast 70 pulled 1+1/2 bikes on a very fast ported R/T. I hope to have some E.T. timed results soon to compare. Clutching isn't difficult, power curve is a bit broader and more forgiving than the R/T. We were shifting about 14,000, about 500 rpm more than the ported R/T.
Marc

fomospede
09-07-2012, 10:19 PM
is there any machining needed to bolt this together?
whats the ball park price on your pipe Mr. Hetrick?
what intakes are you testing with?

#404's Dad
09-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Good to hear Rich, looking forward to seeing these on the track

Hetrick Racing
09-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Rich is in California until tommorow.
He will reply to the questions then.

Thank You

Hetrick Racing
09-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by fomospede
is there any machining needed to bolt this together?
whats the ball park price on your pipe Mr. Hetrick?
what intakes are you testing with?

The engine requires a high amount of work to asm on the small cases(50-70)

The pipe that works best of what I have tested thus far is the Roost/Mach-1
I believe I may make a pipe for this engine
I think there is a need to have some different power curves
So depending on the build I would have you give me a call for a specific build price to your wants and needs.

I have tested with all intakes available or known of at this time.

The interesting thing is with the correct carb,I have not really found an intake we cant make work well..Dont get me wrong some are better than others but not one sticks out as the absolute dominate,,with the correct carb set up

asadad00
09-12-2012, 07:50 AM
I was fortunate to get one of the first kits. So here is a 2fast 70 first hand review... We have been giving feedback to Marc on our new engine and I can verify that the new 2fast is very fast. We have been running it for about 2 weeks and testing it against our R/T and 86cc 2fast. The results are very impressive and it is faster than the R/T all day long. If you can get one of these you will not be disappointed.

my build=
2fast 70 kit
R/T 85mm crank
cases machined by Hot Quads
Mach-1 2fast 70 pipe
Mach-1 30mm intake
stage 6 30mm carb
stage 6 PVL
overange w/stage 6 clutch

I will be in town for a couple of days if you would like to pm me a question concerning the new kit.

#404's Dad
09-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Any of you guys have any graphs of this against a top running national RT motor just for comparison, believe it or not, not all RT's are fast.

HP & TQ and Speed vs Time would be awesome with both being tuned correctly obviously.

bb49
09-13-2012, 05:04 AM
my daughter ran against a 2 fast this week edn and she smoked it with here stock rt motor. pretty sure it was on a dyno and tuned

#404's Dad
09-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by bb49
my daughter ran against a 2 fast this week edn and she smoked it with here stock rt motor. pretty sure it was on a dyno and tuned

I have seen similar things, in Flat Track / TT Racing an R/T will run with a 2Fast 86/90cc so if their 2Fast 70cc is faster than a good R/T it could possibly be faster than their own 86/90cc kit???? Hmmm

So so glad I don't have a horse in this race lol.

Hetrick Racing
09-13-2012, 11:53 AM
I do agree 100%
The 70cc stuff has come a long way and the performance is well amazing.

And hey I really dont like to post dyno runs the reason is most people (you excluded) would not see it but clutching secrets are very visible.
I hate to just give that away if people would happen to figure it out,if ya know what I mean

nastynotchback1
09-13-2012, 12:14 PM
I do agree 100%

And hey I really dont like to post dyno runs the reason is most people (you excluded) would not see it but clutching secrets are very visible.
I hate to just give that away if people would happen to figure it out,if ya know what I mean

Yeah why should we let anyone have a secret when you can charge them for it.

#404's Dad
09-13-2012, 12:40 PM
I do agree 100%

Yeah I understand, I'm not one to spend $1,000's and countless hours to find an advantage and then just give it away for free either, I have no problem at all with helping someone but ya can't just give it all away.

LT80
09-13-2012, 01:28 PM
"Yeah why should we let anyone have a secret when you can charge them for it."

Mr Hetrick is in business. I'm sure that he has countless hours and loads of investment into his expirementations.
He has no reason to give away anything.

Ooodles of ppl have asked me to explain in full detail what I do to cylinders/clutchs so they can build a motor.
At some point I have to say:: Why don't you just buy one so you can copy it...

Hetrick Racing
09-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Wow,
what did I do to you
I have almost 300 runs on this 2fast 70 in the last 3 weeks.
Im sorry but the cost of the dyno alone!!
ya know what I am not even goin to explain.
but sorry I am not giving it away I dont do this as a hobby,this is my job,no different than any other I have to provide for my family as well,,,Sooooooo
when we show up at round one we WILL BE READY -- enough said

nastynotchback1
09-14-2012, 08:31 AM
I knew i could ruffle some feathers LOL

I know that finding the tricks cost alot of money and i have no issue with having to pay for it.

hotquads1
09-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by #404's Dad
Any of you guys have any graphs of this against a top running national RT motor just for comparison, believe it or not, not all RT's are fast.

HP & TQ and Speed vs Time would be awesome with both being tuned correctly obviously.

I have dyno graphs for comparison between the r/t and 2fast(done solely for the purpose of creating exhaust) but these are crankshaft numbers and not at rear wheel and very confusing for some consumers so I do not post or publish these numbers. When developing an exhaust for these cylinders we first test them in stock form and then manipulate the cylinder and port timings and try to improve performance, but our main objective is to produce a pipe that will be perfectly tuned for the cylinder in stock form as well as modified.

I can share this with you... the r/t cylinder in stock form with mach-1 pipe makes very good power( more than any previous combo we ever tested) but we were able to gain 1.5 HP by making some changes to the cylinder with same pipe, thus some r/t motors do run better than others. Our recent dyno testing reflected... the 2fast 70 kit in "stock" form made 1/2 more HP than our modified r/t. As Rich mentioned this kit untouched is extremlypowerful, I think average Joe can assemble this kit and have "national level" performance The question is can the 2fast cylinder make even more gains with some modifications? Time will tell.

Will owning one of these kits win you any races? I think not, drivers win races but my money is on the 2fast for getting you around the first turn in the lead position. And even for the best driver it can be frustrating chasing a faster bike with a slower kid, and we have all seen this before.

I am not advocating everyone rush out buy one of these just wanting to keep you posted on new developments... your money ... your decision. The 70cc class at the nationals is brutal and slight performance edge can't be a bad thing.

Marc

edwardsp&b
09-14-2012, 11:18 AM
All the bull**** aside........

It really is amazing to me how far these 70's have come. I remember the metrakit days.......these 70's will blow those away!

I dont have a horse in this race anymore either.....But races in the 70 class is always fun to watch.
Bryan

hensonfamfun
09-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Great Visnic....thanks for the reminder:rolleyes: ugh!

Bens Dad
09-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Our 2 fast 70 motor arrived this week, from Marc. We went to Aonia Pass today and was able to make several laps. Also able to do some drag runs, before the rear shock busted!! Heres what I can tell you. I have a Polini Evo 4 that runs real well, and it does not compare to the power of the 2 fast motor. We where able to do some drag runs against Ellers national 2 fast 90 motor at Aonia which is only about 75 to 100 yard gate drop, and the 70 was side by side the 90. After riding the quad myself I really think this 70 motor with the right kid on it will not be touched, and a slower kid racing against a R/T or Evo 4 will have a advatage even if its just a hole shot. I very Impressed with this motor !!!!!! Thanks Marc Smith

fish-d-fish
09-15-2012, 09:20 PM
where is the " like" button as in facebook? I want to compliment marc for bringing the new stuff in and rich for spending the time to make all this stuff have reliable and race ready or win ready results.. The cream does rise to the top as so many proved this year..70 class will be brutal in 2013.. makes me wonder why some of us move our kids up so fast when there is so much yet to be found in the small motors

hanker
09-16-2012, 06:28 AM
Cool!!! Maybe we can hit 65mph at Pine Lake next year. :D

selbygirl
09-16-2012, 08:19 AM
HAS ENY OF YOU GUYS TRY USING A YASUNI PIPE THEY COST MORE , THEY HAD GOOD RESULTS ON THE RT MOTORS ON SCOOTERS

nastynotchback1
09-17-2012, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Bens Dad
Our 2 fast 70 motor arrived this week, from Marc. We went to Aonia Pass today and was able to make several laps. Also able to do some drag runs, before the rear shock busted!! Heres what I can tell you. I have a Polini Evo 4 that runs real well, and it does not compare to the power of the 2 fast motor. We where able to do some drag runs against Ellers national 2 fast 90 motor at Aonia which is only about 75 to 100 yard gate drop, and the 70 was side by side the 90. After riding the quad myself I really think this 70 motor with the right kid on it will not be touched, and a slower kid racing against a R/T or Evo 4 will have a advatage even if its just a hole shot. I very Impressed with this motor !!!!!! Thanks Marc Smith

I agree with this.My son was riding the 90 2 fast and i thought for sure he would blow the 70 away after 20 or 30 yards but that little 70 is just bad.If you wanna run out front i would suggest getting one.

asadad00
09-18-2012, 10:19 AM
update...
Did some tuning this weekend. The quad was just blistering the tires off and I made some clutching changes and gearing changes to get power to the ground now it stomps the r/t and actually does run as fast as the 86cc 2fast I don't understand how it can make so much power but you can hear it, it doesn't sound like anything we ever had.

hensonfamfun
09-18-2012, 10:44 AM
You are all wasting your time and money!!!! EVERYBODY knows that they can all be beat by a stock ported cast iron cylinder! :devil: Thats my favorite race quote...."oh its just a stock ported cylinder." :D

#404's Dad
09-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Sounds like the 70 class will be fun to watch next season and it also sounds like somebody needs to make a fast 90cc kit.

chunky0071
09-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Ok I don't have a horse in this race ether but from what I do know is we are all ready braking these chassis to pieces as it is. Just think how many of you have welders at the track or have had to use some one else? Ya the speed is cool but we are working so much on power that we forget the rest. If you land it and your frame breaks in half whats it doing to your child???? Just my 2 cents as it is.

As the saying goes YOU GOT TO BE TUFF WHEN YOUR STUPID!!!!

selbygirl
09-18-2012, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chunky0071
[B]Ok I don't have a horse in this race ether but from what I do know is we are all ready braking these chassis to pieces as it is. Just think how many of you have welders at the track or have had to use some one else? Ya the speed is cool but we are working so much on power that we forget the rest. If you land it and your frame breaks in half whats it doing to your child???? Just my 2 cents as it is.

not to sound like a mother hen . but i think the bikes are getting to fast for the little ones. i have heard more kids hurt and killed in the past year in mx than in the past 5 years , and there is less peaple in mx

Hetrick Racing
09-19-2012, 06:18 AM
I dont disagree at all I actually stated that many times last year and the year before to Don Bassani numerous times.
Some of the kids are fine, but I feel the same, not all are.
I have to say this if your kid is 16 you dont let him or help him buy a vette for his first car,it kind of has to be up to you guys as parents and coaches to regulate what they can handle.
As a business I have to offer the engine or I will be left behind but, as a horsepower nut I do like it.
I also agree the chassis are going to take a beating.
To be honest probably more than the 90 because the kids will not quite get over the jumps and such because of their size, age, confidence and so on

With that said I am installing my first new gusset kit, I feel the ones we all used before will not do the job any longer

nastynotchback1
09-19-2012, 08:33 AM
I will agree with this also.The power is insane.It grates on my nerves to watch my son jumping big doubles and table tops.I tell him right before every gate drop to ride his race.If you feel you can handle the obstacle then go for it but if there is any doubt then don't do it.As long as he comes off the track and goes home safe we had a good day,first last or whatever.Alot of the problem is not the kid but the parent yelling at them because they did not do what was expected of them.It really pisses me off to see a kid getting a ripping from there parent because they did poorly in a race and worst that that is the parent yelling and the kid who has a high hp motor and stock suspension.Well i could go on for hours but i won't.

Hetrick Racing
09-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Jake was my first thought lol

Ryko racing
09-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Heck my son was 182 lbs on a 90mod and supermini. It was like pulling a train . lol......

fomospede
09-19-2012, 05:24 PM
ordered mine today
hope it is as reliable as the malossi !!

edwardsp&b
09-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Rob I dont know how you afford it. Id hate to see your grocery bill. I bet that boy can eat!!! Ben is still 78 lbs, he eats all the time, but never gains any weight.
Bryan

hotquads1
09-23-2012, 07:46 PM
OK some of you have been asking when to get a kit/ what is future supply? How does supply look in a couple of months? I will tell you my best information,
there is only one small run of the cylinders for this year, I expect them to be arriving here 2-3 weeks and we will ship them out immediatly looks like we have pre-sold almost all of the available kits for this year so you should be spotting them at your local track soon, if you see one running let me know how it compares. We only have a couple of kits available from this shipment if interested you must act fast, but there should be more avaialble next year hopefully before the season starts(maybe FEB or March). pistons, Mach-1 pipes, gaskets, rings etc are all avaialable as of now. Everything is subject to change.
Marc

asadad00
10-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Hey Marc, did the new 70 2fast pipes arrive yet?

hotquads1
10-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Cylinders and pipes came in and going fast call if you need one.

Marc

asadad00
01-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Hey Marc do you have any 70 kits in stock my brother in-law wants one?

hotquads1
01-02-2013, 07:29 AM
yes but the phones are ringing don't delay.