PDA

View Full Version : Jetting problem

trx400exrider14
08-31-2012, 06:19 PM
My quad is sorta cutting out when i hit the throttle really quick, and when i rev it and when it idles back down a little flame will spit out every now and then, how can i eliminate that without taking my quad apart? The carb literally just got rebuilt and cleaned and that was the first startup afterwards. My guess is its a teency bit lean.

jjohns5
09-01-2012, 04:55 AM
You won't have to take your quad apart...just tear into the carb a little. Start with bumping up the main and pilot, that will richen it up a bit pretty simple stuff.

trx400exrider14
09-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Well That is what I didnt wanna tear into, and i dont have any jets available at the moment :( The carb was rebuilt and the same jets are in it and it ran fine before, maybe the air/fuel mixture is off a little?

DnB_racing
09-02-2012, 08:06 AM
if everything is the same as before, (same air filter, same exhaust)
and the same jets were put back in, not the same size, as some manufacturers jets are slightly different, and you have fresh fuel, of the same type youve always ran,

then it only leaves a couple things, one you already mentioned, the f/a screw...
the other is the rubber boot seal, make very sure that its not cracked or improperly seated, many times you think its on all the way, but just make sure!!