PDA

View Full Version : They Are Back........

Logan #34's Dad
08-28-2012, 10:34 AM
I believe the day of the Hybrids are back upon us....
Did you all hear that the AMA plans to make the homoglization(spelling) number to be "production" legal in 2013 at FIVE (5) like machines....?

Hoosierd
08-28-2012, 07:24 PM
So we all can dump our current machines and have to spend a rediculous amount of money with a select few builders just to stay competitive? Great idea, another way to hurt the gate count.

Logan #34's Dad
08-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Your exactly right. I gotta continue to ask myself why we keep trying to make it happen. I knew I should have pushed him to the 2 wheels.

Hoosierd
08-28-2012, 08:35 PM
I have given up every thing I have to help my son have the opportunity to enjoy this sport. But when I hear of deals like this, I have no problem doing something different with all of this eguipment where we can compete on a level stage.

dehner47
08-29-2012, 05:14 PM
now how is that going to work with the differnt motor and suspension options out right now?? is it just 5 chassis to be produced or 5 complete, identical bike's being produced before its considered in the homo real??

i personally think this is a positive for the sport. bring more business back into the shops that help keep this sport alive. and have kept it alive for many years. instead of in the pockets of the big companies who barely do anything for this sport. Can Am i will exclude from that last statement.

joep1219
10-01-2012, 05:15 PM
any more news about the Legitimacy of the 5 bike production rule?

Hoosierd
10-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Last I heard is that there may be an "air cooled and water cooled class" which would be great! This way the $20K machines can compete amongst themselves. And not alienate the others.

Logan #34's Dad
10-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by joep1219
any more news about the Legitimacy of the 5 bike production rule? :devil:

I'm pretty sure they are keeping the number at a whopping 25. However, if you know the right people they will allow like 5 as long as more are available for purchase.... in other words, show them your company can produce enough to meet a demand and your good to go.
I wonder why companies like Lonestar don't jump all over this.....

89trx250r
10-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Maybe they will? Right now Walsh has a monopoly on the hybrid market with there efiCRF. So I know lonestar and laeger build some cool stuff maybe they will step it up if this rule does get implemented? The Laeger YZF-R with the backwards motor that all the euros run is awesome but idk if people in the states will pony up for one? Mind you they if they do allow hybrids back I am sure a lot of people will run big bore 250r's being as 80% of them have aftermarket frames at this point and thats the only thing stopping people from running them now.

Logan #34's Dad
10-01-2012, 07:02 PM
With the number only being at 25 instead of the old 100 rule, I can't understand why these companies have not done it yet. Apex has set the rule/bar as for how easy it is the make a modified machine a "production" machine. Took a Lonestar yzf450 frame and mated it with a yz250f and the ATVA and ATVAPG agreed to make it production. Then of course sent the frame over seas and had it copied using cheap Chinese steel. - did I say that? - lol
I don't even want to get started on the Apex 90cc shifter!

Groves187
10-02-2012, 03:09 PM
I worked for Lone star a few years ago and they were talking about doing it then. Odviously nothing ever came from it but it could happen now.