PDA

View Full Version : 450r carb after rolling over

hondaREX
08-28-2012, 03:09 AM
First off, after my first real ride with the 450r carb install, and man does it feel impressive. The throttle response is great. The power is there whenever you ask for it!!! Its only a stock engine so i imagine it will be very nice when the engine gets work done to it.

Now on to my question. I rolled the bike over ever so gently onto its side. Was over for maybe 20 seconds. When i righted it, it started up fine. But as i rode for the next few minutes it would stall after i pulled in the clutch. Then start right back up everytime. So i corrected it with the idle knob for the time being, bringing the idle up. It didnt take much but that fixed it. No change in the response or rideability. So what happened? Did the vents get filled with fuel? And should or did it clear itself up over time? I rode the rest of the day with the idle still raised. Now when i say raised, its not revving out or even high, just enough to stop the stalling. Is there anything that i should clean out? Or just keep an eye on the idle and adjust accordingly?

CJM
08-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Might have tweaked the throttle cable slightly causing a higher than usual idle.

I had a similar issue after my 400 flopped down a large hill. It wouldnt start, would start then die and such. It basically flooded out.

Also i find the idle on the EX with an R carb to be kinda jumpy. Sometimes its fine and other times I need to raise it up to keep it from stalling out.

hondaREX
08-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Thats true. I didnt try to get slack from the cable after the roll. Probably did just that. Thanks.