PDA

View Full Version : Trx450r

Rohr397
08-26-2012, 10:41 PM
What's up guys?! Haven't been on here in awhile. So I just got back from Quadcross NW at Washougal and I am pretty sure I need to get a 450 to race next year. Why? Well only true 450's can race the 450 class and the open class is big bores (480's and 505's, stage 3 motors, etc etc etc) so my 400 would die there. There isn't a 400 class either, well there is but nobody has ever entered in it so I'd get bumped into open class. I'm also lucky because most of the riders are using stock stuff and riding well on it, even a few pro-am guys held their own on stock chassis Honda's.

So I've come to the most thorough group of individuals I know to analyze a 450r I found. What do you guys think?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/mcy/3231820248.html

Stickman400
08-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Deff. a fixer upper, looks fairly clean though. Are you wanting to trade him the 400 or pay? I'd deff. do the normal checklist when you go to see it though.

chronicsmoke
08-27-2012, 05:52 AM
Meh looks rough IMO.. YOu cantell the top end was off so it probably does have a high compression piston. The fact that this guy knows absolutly nothing about it, AND painted the fenders would have me walking the other way.

Whats the comp? maybe he's been running 87 octane gas with a 13:1 piston.. He has no idea.

And yes Rohr, you need a 450 if you want to compete! :macho

CJM
08-27-2012, 05:58 AM
^ Agreed, the jug is cleaner than the rest-was media blasted. So he prob has hi comp.

Judging by the fact the guy dont have a clue Id walk away. I paid less for mine that basically just needed minor work.

Look carefully at everyone you go to look at, the cases crack by the case saver due to idiots not keeping the chains tight enough!

Rohr397
08-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Yeah I think I'll let this one pass, the plastics don't bug me and it's not too bad but I would have to agree that he couldve messed it up by putting the wrong gas in it and I don't want someone's broken hunk of junk... Again.

What sucks is this is one of the cheapest 450's in the area! People are trying to get 4-5k out of 04's, it's ridiculous!