PDA

View Full Version : What are TCS shocks worth??

Zbroz Racing
08-26-2012, 09:20 PM
The 250r I just picked up, has some TCS shocks on it. Being as theres not a lot of these for sale, I can't seem to find a place to start with pricing. They are a triple rate fronts and a single rate rear, all with remote reservoirs and compression adjustment.

Anybody have an opinion on these??

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=492257

hawaiiysr
08-27-2012, 10:07 AM
I run tcs shocks. The company was bought out by racetech. If you need them rebuilt you can send the shocks to them. They are good shocks.

Selling used shocks is not always easy. Sometimes its more cost effective to buy new shocks. The cost of buying used shocks then having them rebuilt is at times near the cost of totally new.

I would say try out the shocks and give them a good run. They are triple rates so they are not some cheapy shocks. Even though the seller told you they were just rebuilt take it with a grain of salt. People will say what it takes to sell. Or he could be telling the truth. Hence trying them out.

It may be best to just have them rebuilt to your specs. In the end it may be cheaper then selling these tcs and buying something else.

Zbroz Racing
08-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by hawaiiysr
I run tcs shocks. The company was bought out by racetech. If you need them rebuilt you can send the shocks to them. They are good shocks.

Selling used shocks is not always easy. Sometimes its more cost effective to buy new shocks. The cost of buying used shocks then having them rebuilt is at times near the cost of totally new.

I would say try out the shocks and give them a good run. They are triple rates so they are not some cheapy shocks. Even though the seller told you they were just rebuilt take it with a grain of salt. People will say what it takes to sell. Or he could be telling the truth. Hence trying them out.

It may be best to just have them rebuilt to your specs. In the end it may be cheaper then selling these tcs and buying something else.

Thanks for the response. Sorry I didn't elaborate in my post. I'm selling because I am the Racer Rep for EXIT shocks. The man himself Mike Hallock (former founder/owner of custom axis) is building me a set of shocks as we speak. So these shocks need to go.

hawaiiysr
08-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Ive been watching a few sets of tcs shocks on ebay recently. Not much more then $300 if that. Used shocks dont fetch much. How much were you looking to get? I have a set of tcs dual rates that I rather as triples. Im trying to build two quads as twins. The dual rate tcs I have are rebuilt works.

Zbroz Racing
08-27-2012, 11:45 AM
$300 definitely seems low for a set of three shocks. I'd like to think they are atleast worth $500

87TRX310R
08-27-2012, 12:36 PM
I think what Hawii ment was 300 just for the front but 500 for all 3 is a damn good deal.

hawaiiysr
08-27-2012, 01:14 PM
My bad! I was talking just fronts. $500 for all 3 is a awesome deal. For that I would be intrested. I run one of my R's has dual rate reworked tcs and a ohlins for the rear. Would be nice to have a matching set for both my quads.

Zbroz Racing
08-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by hawaiiysr
My bad! I was talking just fronts. $500 for all 3 is a awesome deal. For that I would be intrested. I run one of my R's has dual rate reworked tcs and a ohlins for the rear. Would be nice to have a matching set for both my quads.

I was gonna say, if they aren't worth $500 I'll just keep them and find something to bolt them on. haha.

$500 plus shipping and there yours, otherwise I'm gonna try to get 6-7 out of them.

leager-n-ky
08-27-2012, 01:30 PM
I have a set of shocks that Mike Hallock built for Greg Stuart years ago, i dont care what name is on the shock, if he builds them, your gonna love them..

hawaiiysr
08-27-2012, 02:29 PM
yours are dual rates? The preload on the springs looks to be cranked down pretty low. Are they long travel? Im looking for dual or triples, standard travel with big resi cans for +2 or +3 arms

Zbroz Racing
08-27-2012, 02:36 PM
No, they are triple rate fronts and single rate rear. Yes they are long travel, for houser arms.

hawaiiysr
08-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Bumber I gotta pass:( all my R's run standard travel. Awesome deal thanks for the offer though.