PDA

View Full Version : Drr 70 hare scramble set-ups

Rileyracing00
08-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Looking for ideas on the CVT for my sons DRR70 quad. We race hare scrambles with it and the clutch is bone stock. What should I do to it to make it react faster? Any ideas would be great as we are new to the sport.

RCR_531
08-27-2012, 07:57 PM
I seen somewhere they drilled out metal on the clutch shoes to lighten them. it would make ur stall higher. They did not drill all the way through the shoes

fomospede
08-28-2012, 04:32 AM
if your clutch is used it may need replacement the stock yamasida is great when tuned as mentioned make sure the shoe weights are identical first

nastynotchback1
08-28-2012, 05:52 AM
How about some higher stall springs in the clutch.I have never had a stock motor but i would say if you get the right combination of springs and rollers it would make a big difference on a stock motor.

selbygirl
08-28-2012, 09:32 AM
when was the last time you changed your torqe spring a weak torqe spring will make you lose bottom end power, a pvl will give you better trottle responce , and it could be your jetting is the bike bogging off the start check the spark plug if its wet your jetting is to heavy the plug should be a dry brown coler

09-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Pm me for the tricks you want to do from springs to the carb. I have lots of trick up my sleeve:devil: :macho ;)