PDA

View Full Version : crf450r clutch/hotstart

87HONDATRX250X
08-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Is it possible to switch out the stock 450r clutch lever and replace it with a crf450r lever and hotstart? Would make a clean set up

CJM
08-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Sure can. Not sure what you would do about making sure the killswitch is always on but otherwise its not to hard at all. Also might need to wire the clutch up so you can start the bike in gear.

87HONDATRX250X
08-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Sure can. Not sure what you would do about making sure the killswitch is always on but otherwise its not to hard at all. Also might need to wire the clutch up so you can start the bike in gear.

I cut my kill switch wire a while back. Kept hitting it during races and shutting off the quad. I just use the tether switch for now. Ill get a fly billet kill switch probably soon. Why would i need to wire it up so i can start in gear?

CJM
08-26-2012, 09:16 PM
If your not using the stock lever setup anymore you wont be able to use those wires. So either you make the switch work somehow or wire it to start anytime-even in gear.

My 400 is wired like that, you get used to it.

I could be wrong and the R might not have that setup, but I think it does.

DnB_racing
08-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by CJM
If your not using the stock lever setup anymore you wont be able to use those wires. So either you make the switch work somehow or wire it to start anytime-even in gear.

My 400 is wired like that, you get used to it.

I could be wrong and the R might not have that setup, but I think it does. the only 450r that has the neutral and clutch safety are the e-starts, none of the kickers have it

Baileygunns
08-27-2012, 05:49 AM
You'll need a new hot start cable. The stock cables doesn't work in the CRF or ASV levers. You need an adjustable cable... ASV sells the cable (the CRF cable won't work either because it has a 90* bend where it goes ingot the carb).

You can just unplug the switches and take them off the bar. Use a tether or your key to shut the bike off.