PDA

View Full Version : tmxa 50 quads

bigtruckin30
08-26-2012, 11:26 AM
one the best classes to watch this year by far the kids have grown to be good riders & what a joy to watch i'm almost nervous to move my little girl up next year but i think she is ready

t.hale17
08-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Don't be, they way she rode her super mini quad sat nite. She was amazing under pressure. I can wait to see her next year. I see another fast girl coming through the ranks. I am so glad the tmxa gave in to the special 50 class. I really enjoyed watching them race with all there heart n machine ability. as far as our class gavin was the most improve in one week. He was on the gas.

jay-r
08-27-2012, 02:09 PM
All of the 50 riders have really improved this season. There are some good battles on the track. I have said it before, competition makes you faster. The TMXA has produced some fast youth quad riders. :D

Cobra50Dad
08-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Definetly the place to go for mini quads! Wish some of the races were closer for us and we could make more. Looking forward to the race at Copperhead

bloodswet&gears
08-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by t.hale17
as far as our class gavin was the most improve in one week. He was on the gas.
Thanks Terry. Made some changes in the right direction and he took advantage of it. You and your two boys are great sports. I respect that and have a great time racin with yall. Copperhead is comin up and Lucas and Logan are fast there.

bigtruckin30
08-28-2012, 09:50 AM
just letting all of ya know that there will be a little girl out there next year with her little race face on, hopefully alot of practice in the arena series:D

i'm gonna need a blindfold and plenty of nerve pills

bloodswet&gears
08-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by bigtruckin30
just letting all of ya know that there will be a little girl out there next year with her little race face on,

i'm gonna need a blindfold and plenty of nerve pills
10-4 there rubber duck beaver. You just tell her to keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down, come on!!!!

I thought this is how them bigtruckers did everything. Blindfolded and a handful o pills. I see um all the time like that on the big I-4-0.

Well, I'll catch you on the flip side. I gotta go 10-100. Sorry me and Terry jacked your thread.

bigtruckin30
08-31-2012, 01:29 PM
just having fun and letting all of 50 class know there will be a mean little girl riding next year

bloodswet&gears
08-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Just kiddin with you Randy. I know one thing, her quad is gonna look good.
I cant wait till you get it done.

t.hale17
09-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Word is that another tuff little girl (Carson Tucker) got her a drr this past week n is going to move up from the mini 50's to the quad 50 4-8 class. Sure nice to see the mini 50 class working out in the progress of building our quad classes.

jay-r
09-04-2012, 10:14 AM
It is good to see so many girls in quad racing. :D

jungleboy213
09-05-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm trying to get the word out about our series. I've been talking to Bryan Kirkland and he may bring up a gang of kids from GA. I thing Connor Henson will be back, along with the Carson boys (Jordan will be out of his cast soon). They always bring it when they come. This is my favorite time of the season. Now that Nats are over, everyone is looking for somewhere to race. I think a lot of good competition will be showing up towards the end of the year.

jay-r
09-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Word is getting out. I have heard that Conner is coming this weekend to race the 70 class. Talk about a stacked class. Possibly 3 national winners in that class this weekend. Plus, Landen Houtchens is coming, that makes 2 national winners in the 50 class. TMXA has some fast mini quad riders! I expect to have more than a full gate of 50s! I hope the weather cooperates. Vince runs an excellent race, everyone come out to Copperhead.

jake55
09-06-2012, 06:31 AM
what part of kentucky is this track located?? what's the nearest town?

bloodswet&gears
09-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Hopkinsville,KY. The race this weekend is at Copperhead SX, 8690 Shurdan Creek Rd., Hopkinsville KY. 42240. All the info is at TMXA.com.

bigtruckin30
09-06-2012, 07:07 AM
that is why i started this little thread and for a week or so it has been up top. i look and just never see anything about tmxa. i don't know maybe i'm just looking in the wrong area

bloodswet&gears
09-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Word is that another tuff little girl (Carson Tucker) got her a drr this past week n is going to move up from the mini 50's to the quad 50 4-8 class. Sure nice to see the mini 50 class working out in the progress of building our quad classes. Im like you on this Terry. Im glad they have the special 50 class for them to get a start. They wouldnt get any track time in our class. The slower riders usaully only get 2 or 3 laps and are down a lap or two in the 50 quad class. The 50cc dirt bikes have a begginer class to get a start in and we only have 10 or 12 50s show up every week, so the new riders have to compete with experienced riders on $12,000 quads. We really need to do all we can to get the quad numbers up and I think the special 50 class was a great idea, otherwise those little guys would get discouraged real quick out there in our 50quad class. At other races they appreciate the little guys showing up and split the classes up so the new guys dont get their azzes smoked and never come back. All of us need to do what we can to keep it fun so they keep coming back. In my opinion.

hensonfamfun
09-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Why heck yeah we are coming up there to see how this dang 70 runs!! This series is always well run and the folks have been nice to us. I have attached the link to their website. Visnic it should be a short little 9 hour drive for you!!!!:devil:
http://www.tmxa.com/index.html

jake55
09-06-2012, 07:43 AM
maybe, just maybe we might show up.
looks like Jake could run at least 4 classes, maybe 5 if we bring all the quads and dirt bikes. no way at all we can make the practice day friday, but maybe we could get their for sat. practice prior to racing.

henson, go on and poke some fun, and let me remind you that i only have an hour drive to the banquet!!!!! heck, might rent a limo!! it's that close!!!!

bloodswet&gears
09-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by hensonfamfun
Why heck yeah we are coming up there to see how this dang 70 runs!! This series is always well run and the folks have been nice to us. I have attached the link to their website. Visnic it should be a short little 9 hour drive for you!!!!:devil:
http://www.tmxa.com/index.html Glad yall are coming Brady. Need to talk Bruce into coming too if it don't rain on us.
Our 2nd or 3rd race all yall talked to us and was nice to us and thats one reason we stay with it. Great racing families and good clean fun. I hope the rain blows over.

jay-r
09-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Another reason to support Copperhead SX is that the track owner, Vince, is a quad guy! You don't see that very often. He is a super nice guy too.

edwardsp&b
09-06-2012, 11:06 AM
All these Ga boys except for a few all have bikes torn down. I know both of Cushmans are tore down, I personally have 4 tore down right now...... In the next few weeks we will have them running and plan to get up there for a couple of races..

On another note, I keep seeing yall talk about two 50 classes....Is one a beginner, and another an advanced? I have two YOUNG 50 riders that Im building quads for now. I want to start them in a small series this offseason, and Im waiting to see what Durhamtown is going to do as far as their series. If they dont step up to the plate, yall will probably see alot of us this offseason. Are there any stock rules for that young beginner class?
Thanks Bryan

CRBOGGAN
09-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Bryan look at the rules on the tmxa website it tells about the 50 class i think they call it special 50. They have had a good turnout to all the races we have been able to make this summer. We have raced the 90 mod class 3 times with good close racing every time. The price is good to at 20 or 25 per class and 5 to 7 gate fee. Makes for a good cheap (FOR RACING) night of fun.

jay-r
09-06-2012, 03:31 PM
The special 50 class is the beginner class. But, it is for yard quads, no DRRs or Cobras. It has been quite successful. There was a lot of debate on what to allow in this class. It was settled on non race quads in order to introduce young riders to racing and for the parents to test the waters before committing to a race quad. We have had full gates in the 50 4 to 8 class too, and there are many good riders in this class. They have all made big improvements this season and the riders are really mixing it up on the track. Even though the tracks are small, it is a fun series with close racing. No matter the skill level or quad size, there is someone to battle with on the track. It is good to see a series where youth quad racing is thriving. TMXA is growing thanks to good racing families and good track owners.

jungleboy213
09-06-2012, 03:40 PM
As of right now, there is a 60% chance of rain Friday and a 30% on Saturday. The track owner (Vince) has the whole dirt and moisture thing down to a science. Noah LOVES this track and they have really nice amenities.

The 70 class in this series is one to watch. There is such good talent in that class. Laine Baird will probably show up this weekend, too. The Shaw girls from Indiana will probably come, also.

jay-r
09-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Better watch out. I hear that Brady has the nitrous installed on Conner's 70. He ran it quite successfully on his 50. :blah:

thequadfather+2
09-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Make no mistake guys, Henson is coming to kick butt and take names. Brady has been chomping at the bits to get the ole RT back out...... :devil: :devil:

Hey Henson -- Your welcome! I told you one day it would be my turn to return the favor......Blahaahaah!!!!!

Everyone else -- inside joke between me and him. He got me good in Georgia about a year ago and now its my turn....:D

hensonfamfun
09-06-2012, 09:21 PM
See......that's why we race....abuse! You guys show the love and it makes me a little misty eyed at times! :devil: so I waited for the kids to goto bed to address some of these comments and the are in no particular order.
1. Visnic.My private jet has me in Morgantown in about and hour too! Limo ride is about 10 minutes. If you saw my camper then you already know jets and limos are how we roll.
2. Kirkland. If your engine is not on vacation it tore down! Get em together and get out! You think that knot on your head was bad in Maryland? Keep not showing and I will show you a knot!
3. I'm awesome.
4. Reed. Nitrous installed. I had to get a new bottle. I sold last bottle when I sold Hale our 50.
5. Carson. I'm not saying nothing. I don't want to be cut from all the mini videos.:blah:
6. All y'all. Yeah you. That's what makes this sport so great. Some really great racing and some even better relationships.

t.hale17
09-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Bull bull bull.
All that smack talk.
Brady,
You said you were coming to 118.....
N then I guess u heard we run a little better locally than we do nationally.
So now that you moved up to a 70 away from our nitro injected beast of a 50!
Now you think your gonna come to race the TMXA!
Got news for ya.
We have a 3 cycle dual overhead cam twin turbo electric motor. Running around the track with blond hair flowing out from underneath her helmet. Ready to keep your nitro boosted apex honest.

LMBO. (laugh my but off)
Look foward to seeing yall this weekend.

P.S. where is that Dang Notrous button on this thing... Luke can't seem to find it!

jake55
09-07-2012, 05:23 AM
you guys, you all just aint right!!!!!!

as far as your private jet........you should use it more often, ive seen you looking kinda rough a few times pulling in to the track at 6 or 7 in the morning after an all night DRIVE, yea, i said it, drive, not flight!!!!
you guys have a safe weekend down there, dont beat up on each other to bad!!!

thequadfather+2
09-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Hey Henson....Why am I #5?

jake55
09-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
Hey Henson....Why am I #5?

Better yet, why did he waste time typing #3, heck, he's told me that hundreds of times before!!!! and i've only known him less than a year!!!
i'm sure you guys have heard it waaaaaay more than me!?!?!?

hensonfamfun
09-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Carson........because I'm awesome!

Bens Dad
09-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Hey guys!!! T- hail hit me up about coming, and we really want to come, but it will be the next race ya'll have. We are waiting on motor and parts this week. Someone please keep us posted on the next few races. I think we could bring a few boys from Ga.

P.S. Brady is awesome !!!!!! hahahaha

bloodswet&gears
09-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Hey Bigtruckin, I dropped the number of mothballs per gallon last tank. Worked out better with 1 per gallon. Put 5 in there last time and our lap times dropped.

Its hard for me to believe those moths can actually fly with those. They are bigger than some of the moths around here.

bigtruckin30
09-08-2012, 01:24 AM
try three thats been our magic # per gallon fill the rear tires with liquid seems to give better traction i dont want to see that boy out there doing donuts like before

t.hale17
09-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Copperhead race cancled due to 1 &9/10" of rain. next race there will be Sept. 22 n then Oct 6 n then Oct 20. I was really looking foward to a 300 plus entrys. Vince at coppeehead had said people had been calling from all over the surrounding states. Just one if the few was . He said a little girls mom had called and they were going to race there drr for there first race.

hensonfamfun
09-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Not awesome. Thanks for heads up. Saved me 3 hour drive. We will see you all soon.

bloodswet&gears
09-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Well I just wasted 2.5 gallons of antifreeze trying to get the donut machine some rear traction. Guess i will leave it out there in a bucket for the cats that tear into the trash.
Just kidding. Kinda glad its cancelled, we dont like racing in the mud but was looking forward to this weekend with all the talk on here.
Hope all the people that were planning on showing up dont leave the house before checking the web site like we were fixing to.

bloodswet&gears
09-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Carson........because I'm awesome!
Hey Mr. Awsome, shoulda kept the rain away.

hensonfamfun
09-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by bloodswet&gears
Hey Mr. Awsome, shoulda kept the rain away.

Not that awesome!:devil:

edwardsp&b
09-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Brady your awesome in my book......though I'm not a big fan of your dances.....probably what brought the rain in.....lol

I was planning on showing up to this race.....but as usual Ben destroyed one if his bikes up pretty bad two weeks ago. I tore down all the bikes but one so we could hit a few of these races. My crash test dummy was trying to hit the big double before the whoops at aonia and the back half of the motor exploded, bent swingarm, broke frame, two destroyed case halfs...
I'm going to have to rob a bank to keep up....lol.

I'm planning on coming to a race or two up there soon, ill bring the 70 and 90 mods.
Bryan

bigtruckin30
09-13-2012, 11:21 AM
ready to find my kids a race this weekend

t.hale17
09-14-2012, 08:15 AM
I know that we are going to 800 mx in croften ky this weekend. So are the Free's. WWW.800mx.net

bigdaddy77
09-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Lincoln trail Motosports in Casey illinoisi is having a double header race Sunday . Quad only track 3 50cc last 2 races . They just started 50 class. 90cc 5-7 a race. Hope to see some of you guys there.

bigdaddy77
09-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Thinking about coming down to Copperhead this weekend. Can anyone tell me what kind of facilities they have? ( bathrooms shower house , overnight camping?) Also it looks like we can run the 90 mod and I guess the 70-300 open class. What kind of turn out for the 90's? We have a production legal quad but it doesnt appear legal for the 90 stock class.Any info would be great.

bloodswet&gears
09-18-2012, 04:10 PM
You can camp. They have good bathrooms but i dont remember seeing any showers. All the info is on the home page of the website.
www.TMXA.com

t.hale17
09-18-2012, 11:14 PM
There is normally about 5 90 stock n about 5 90 mods. They normally do a stager start but will have no prolbem with splitting them up. Just let them know at sign up. The 70-300 class has varied between 5-9. lane baird normally jumps in there as well. 2 teenage local girls normally are up front. Facilliys are very nice but are lacking showers.pleanty of bleachers Nice bathrooms. Really nice conssessions, very loud n clear top of the line P-A system. One heck of a announcer. (lol that's me). Primitive camping no hook ups but there is a place where u can fill a water tank. Please fill free to call vince at 270-885-4957 between 9-5:30. Really nice guy who loves quads n want our sport to grow. Practice stats at 5 n if you are there by then you easilly get in 10-10min practice sessions.

jungleboy213
09-19-2012, 01:48 AM
I hear there is going to be a big turnout this weekend for the minis. Baird is supposed to be there. The Shaw girls. Rumor has it, Corey Heath may show up. Heath and Dixon will be there. Noah (My boy) will race the 90 mod and the 70-300 class. The 70-300 class will probably be a full gate.

Henson, you bringing the thunder (Connor) this weekend? Maybe you can show me how to do that dance.

hensonfamfun
09-19-2012, 06:44 AM
We are out this weekend! Sorry guys! We had a play date already set with our sponsor.:D Im upset because I was ready to debut my new T-shirt line! I guess you are all just going to have to wait!

kenziedad
09-19-2012, 06:02 PM
I wish I knew about this series sooner, we could have ran most of the summer. I was working right outside of clarksville till late july. Now we are getting ready to race the indoor series at earlywine in maysville ky. It starts mid October if anyone is interested. There is normally quite a few mini's but definitely could use more. The building and track was just rebuilt from the tornados back in March. I definitely think we will hit up some of your races next season. If anyone is looking to keep the rust off over the winter check out earlywineracing.com It's a pretty good series!!!!!

bloodswet&gears
09-19-2012, 06:29 PM
very loud n clear top of the line P-A system. One heck of a announcer. (lol that's me).
I hope the announcer knows who is who out there this weekend. Moto 1 50 Quads on May 12, 2012 he called the wrong quad for the holeshot and everytime we watch the video, I have to hear about it. It doesnt go away.LOL.
Takes alot of guts to get up there and announce. I would not want to, esp when my boys were on the track. Im gonna make funny faces at you while your up there.:D
Hope the weather is just like it was today. No rain, we didnt get donut practice this week.

bloodswet&gears
09-19-2012, 06:33 PM
We are out this weekend! Sorry guys! We had a play date already set with our sponsor.:D Im upset because I was ready to debut my new T-shirt line! I guess you are all just going to have to wait!
Am I the only one who knows about the COACH AWESOME t-shirts?

bigdaddy77
09-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Looks like we will be coming down Saturday. Long trip for me because I'm working in Chicago. Tried to get a few other riders but don't think they are coming. I do know next time a fast kid on a Fischer mod will join us . Looking forward to meeting everyone Saturday.