PDA

View Full Version : drivetrain

lonnieandsarah
08-26-2012, 08:55 AM
we have had our rzr s for 3 years, there are 3800 miles on it and the yolk on the front drive shaft is worn out and ruined the front pinion shaft. was wondering if anyone else has had or has this problem. also the wheel bearings are shot already. terrible terrible design!!

Inspector
11-28-2012, 08:52 AM
What type of riding do you do? Mud, creeks, sand, or desert? I do all of this type of riding and it does take a toll on the toys. I have just over 2,500 m miles on my rzr and I ride Utah, Nevada, and the sand dunes at Dumont California. My quad probably takes the worst toll on bearings especially the axle bearings. I get no where near those miles. I am a meticulous gearhead and check every moving part after a weekend of riding my RZR. I SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME! At least you are riding it and not setting in recliner playing some electronic mind control box.... Now get those hands dirty and perform a good service job. You will enjoy the next ride better.

54warrior
07-22-2013, 12:09 PM
1500 miles on mine. So far have replaced a-arm bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, wheel bearings. These things are built like their quads always have been.... Cheap! Not happy at all with the durability of this machine. They sure are fun, but just don't hold up to mud/rocks/creeks/hillclimbs/trails. Maybe for the dunes they are great, but it is supposed to be an "all-terrain vehicle".