PDA

View Full Version : Beardstown Poker Run

Stickman400
08-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Did anyone on here go to the poker run near Beardstown, IL today? I went with quite a few other people and it was a crap shoot. Dusty as all hell and we kept getting lost from the leader and there was so many people that were just drunk and riding around leading people off course it was ridiculous. It was kinda fun when we actually got to ride around in one area, but there was way too many gravel roads and dust. One of my friends nose dived his CR250 off a jump that he had just hit and almost ripped his ear off, got a concussion and couldn't remember what happened. He went to the hospital and got stitches and his memory came back, so he's fine. On another note I had a guy offer me $4,000 cash on the spot for my 450R, and I turned him down. I got LOTS of compliments on it though, everyone said they liked it and wished they owned it. Made me feel proud.

79400ex
08-26-2012, 08:35 PM
where was your freind helemet. I didn't go but i might know u

Stickman400
08-26-2012, 11:12 PM
I don't think I saw a single person wearing a helmet other than the age 16 and younger kids. It was just a bunch of 4x4s riding slow and not very many spots that where out of 3rd gear. But my friend found a small jump on the side of the road and hit it once and got some good height off of it so he turned around and hit it again and he nose dived somehow and got tossed over the bars and the bike landed on him.

TheLane
08-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Stickman400
I don't think I saw a single person wearing a helmet other than the age 16 and younger kids. It was just a bunch of 4x4s riding slow and not very many spots that where out of 3rd gear. But my friend found a small jump on the side of the road and hit it once and got some good height off of it so he turned around and hit it again and he nose dived somehow and got tossed over the bars and the bike landed on him.

*sigh* riding a 4x4 is the #1 reason to wear a helmet, and full football pads with a back brace, kidney belt, knee guards, wrist braces, and a cup.

Id put riding a utility quad in the top 10 most dangerous things in the world to do, right under racing a C class moto.

Stickman400
08-27-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm not saying they were smart about it. I agree everyone should wear a helmet no matter what. But around here everybody that owns a 4x4 and rides it in a poker run has no helmet, no shirt, a beer in their hand and a cooler filled with alot more on the back rack.

chronicsmoke
08-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by TheLane
Id put riding a utility quad in the top 10 most dangerous things in the world to do, right under racing a C class moto.

Hahahaha quote of the day!