PDA

View Full Version : HELP! just got my pro-pegs but they didn't come with any instructions!

Juggalo
12-10-2001, 04:21 PM
hey every1! i really need your help here...i have no clue how to put these things together or even mount them. i have some idea though. how do i put these nets on right? how do i mount the heel gaurds? how do i know i have these black mounting things on the right way? i've heard of people mounting them upside down. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Guy400
12-10-2001, 06:29 PM
"Welcome to the world of AC Racing, where we make nice products but don't tell you how to install them."

Sorry, didn't mean to make a joke but this seems to be pretty standard practice with AC. They make terrific products but you're not even close to being the first person to make this complaint. About 4 years ago I bought a grab bar and full skids for my LT250R from AC. They came in a crusty box with no instructions. Fortunately, a grab bar and skid plate is relatively straight forward enough but I called AC anyway out of principle. About 4 days later a set of instructions came that looked like they were a photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy...which was laid on the glass crooked with the darkness set to the highest level. The damn things were almost unreadable.

Juggalo
12-10-2001, 07:04 PM
lol thanx for the info. i got the nets on fine but i can't figure out these heelgaurds..am i supposed to drill holes into the pegs and them then put a bolt through them or what!?

Giz400ex
12-10-2001, 07:14 PM
I've never heard of AC having directions!!! Why don't they give them to us????? I'm not sure!!! As for the mudguards, they do look pretty sharp but I would say they hell with them!!! I think it looks better without them. As for those black brackets, install the bracket as the bolts being above where the nerfs slide on. Do you know what I mean???? I'm not a very good explainer with words but I'm trying here. I was a first timer at it to but its very easy. You'll know when it doesn't look right!!!

Evan
12-10-2001, 11:15 PM
Well you take the 2 bolts that line up with the nerfs out of the motor mount and then replace it with a longer one and a spacer and screw it in. Also you will have to do some drilling but it is not that hard I used an 1/8 inch drilbit and one other size but I cant rember. My suggestion is drill through the kick panels about 1/2 an inch above the bend or the center from the bend to the top. Any way drill 2 holes about 2 1/2-3inches apart then mark with a marker when you line the kick panels up and the drill through the pegs. Then drill with a lg drillbit the size of your largest bolt from the top down at about the center. What I did is when your pegs look like this ^^^ well something like that drill in the second space. But take the lg washer and lay it down on the top and push it bak a little so it is cornered on both sides. and then drill the hole that way it is centered. This is just some of the instructions the rest is mostly commom sense.

cron-ex
12-11-2001, 08:08 AM
i dont know what to do with my ac nerfs for my 300ex either. do i mount the back part of the nerfs to the foot pegs? and do i mount the front part to the engine brace?? help