PDA

View Full Version : Going out to celebrate tonight

OldGuyonaQuad
08-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Cause Daddy just got a big fat promotion. It's been tough the last few years for those of us in the building and building supply industry so this is a welcome move.

I will now be the regional sales manager (rather then location manager) and most of my responsibilities won't change. I will be helping to interview and train new employees more and I now over see the entire sale department (rather then 3 designers).

I got a nice bump in base pay, an extra $100 per month for my car allowance (was $300 now $400), EZ pass paid in full and a huge bump on my sales commissions. I do have to give up my commissions on my three designers but in the end I should make a lot more money.

Taking the family to Applebee's and they don't even have to do the 2 for $20 deal ;)

/does little happy dance :D

CJM
08-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Very happy for ya Tom, I know ya told me its been tough for you for awhile. Glad you got a promotion, enjoy your new found money!

HondaRacing83
08-24-2012, 03:28 PM
i always did the 2 for $20 because its the only i was aloud to get my mozzarella sticks appetizer..

ben300
08-24-2012, 09:47 PM
congrats man.....treat your self good!

OldGuyonaQuad
08-25-2012, 09:27 AM
thanks Marc & Ben. It's been tight since the housing market collapsed but being my glass is 1/2 full I always appreciated what I had rather then what I didn't. I know a lot of people still looking for work in the industry. I am lucky that I have an incredible GM who really values my efforts and rewards in kind.

so if anyone in the Tri State area needs their kitchen and or bath done let me know I will get you incredible prices on cabinetry and tops.

hmm thinking about doing Utah in October. You still planning a Hatfield McCoy trip Marc?

CJM
08-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Still trying for it Tom. probably a long weekend leave fri night and go sat-mon or sat and sun.

Kinda not sure if I can get enough to make it worth it, one friend went to a-stan so thats already one down.

Figure late sept or sometime in oct.